So, I want to present you the new method of PE-loading. (BTW, what's the difference between boot an load? ) Later I'll try to correct my errors, sorry my english please.
This Idea belongs to Alexey32 © from forum.ru-board.com. Usually sequence is setupldr.bin (or it rename into ntldr) -> txtsetup.sif, setupreg.hiv -> forming SYSTEM hive in folder I386\SYSTEM32\CONFIG. There is difference between work setupldr.bin and ntldr. There is specific in work with it of ntdetect.com.
Detect hardware, it loading, forming base SYSTEM hive takes long time. Opposite, when used ntldr аnd pretranslated setupreg.hiv --> SYSTEM hive (txtsetup.sif here not needed in general), then boot time not so long.
After the additional import in hive SYSTEM same data, to avoid Bsod and for corrects work.
In more detail:
1. Building BartPE project, creating ISO image.
2. Make UFD (HDD) bootable (NT 5.x).
3. Make on UFD (HDD) folder MININT and then copy into content from PE-proects (or from ISO - here not difference) folder I386. (Or copy I386 with rename it to MININT.)
4. Copy files and others needed folders from root proects in root of UFD (HDD).
5. Copy with rename \I386\SYSTEM32\SETUPREG.HIV to \MININT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.
6. Extract from archives For_boot_ntldr.rar files srv_txtset.cmd and srv_txtset.reg to \MININT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\ and then run srv_txtset.cmd.
Litle changed srv_txtset.cmd:
rem VV2006 -- for other project folders names-- copy /y "BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\SETUPREG.HIV" "BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM" REG LOAD HKLM\t SYSTEM regedit /s srv_txtset.reg REG UNLOAD HKLM\t7. srv_txtset.cmd and srv_txtset.reg may now be deleted.
8. Extract from archives For_boot_ntldr.rar boot.ini and ntdetect.com in root dir of UFD (HDD).
9. Copy in the UFD (HDD) root other needed files (ntldr, Bootfont.bin).
That is all. Boot time PE decrease.
This method perfectly worked with USB, HDD. All is Ok and no problem. But where is reason of unsuccessful boot from CD?
Chain of load here: grldr as bootfile -->ntldr -->boot.ini --> NT Kernel --> system. Then appears Windows XP logo an then BSoD 0x7b. Why XP lost at this step bootable device? What and where I need correct in reg?
Or this metod is principle impossible in case with CD?
Ask me, will answer in more detail and will give Refs.s. And please help me!