#1 Bukvod

Bukvod

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 123 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:32 AM

I am currently experimenting. I have successfully ran Winbuilder from inside LiveXP as a ppapp using a Virtual HDD as my backing source created with imdisk. I just want to know what I can delete from my source to make it as light as possible but still have all the neccessary files needed for winbuilder to run. My source files are current in the neighborhood of 500m. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Arcane_raven

Arcane_raven
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:07 AM

No you should not and most likely cannot thin this down! thats what winbuilder is for. it will only copy the needed files at the time of your build step. You should keep all files unless you cannot afford the space. Maybe you can leave the XP cd in the cd rom and use it as your source when you have winbuilder open.

#3 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:29 AM

Hi Bukvod,

You can use an nlited source, I have one that works for all my projects ~250MB but as soon as you add anything to the build or use another project, there's going to be copy errors as the script can't find files it needs. As already said, better to use full source and mounting ISO in imdisk is a nice way to go and very portable :hi:

#4 Arcane_raven

Arcane_raven
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:27 AM

I forgot to mention that about the Nlited version! i also tried that for a different reason than slimming XP but it didn't work just as you already mentioned

Hi Bukvod,

You can use an nlited source, I have one that works for all my projects ~250MB but as soon as you add anything to the build or use another project, there's going to be copy errors as the script can't find files it needs. As already said, better to use full source and mounting ISO in imdisk is a nice way to go and very portable :hi:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users