MichaelZ

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 333 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

Hi everyone,

for me it is quite important to have an easy possibility to load drivers after boot. To integrate the drivers at build time into the boot.wim using the WAIK tool is very time consuming and increases the size of the wim unnecessarily. So I started to play around with Nikzzzz's idx2.exe and zPNP.exe. Unfortunately Vista and Win7 drivers (e.g. NDIS 6.1 and NDIS 6.2) were not added to the index file. When I wrote Nikzzzz my problem he created a version for tests where compatibility checks were removed so that those drivers can be handled (http://nikzzzz.winbu...?dir=Test/zPnp/).

Then I modified his zPNP.script so that it is compatible with Win7PE_SE and Win7RescuePE (probably also BB-7PE). The changes I made are in accordance with the Common API (at least I hope so :dubbio:) so that the script should still work in the other projects.

I put my driver files in subfolders in a folder Driver in the Custom directory and created the index file using idx2.exe. Then I built my Win7PE_SE (to boot with grub4dos) and put the target folder on a UFD (being prepared to boot grub4dos). I could then load very easily the necessary drivers after booting the UFD on different systems for both mass storage device and network device using zPNP.exe. I didn't check wireless yet because that's not that important for me since I only use WinPE for diagnostic, recovery etc. Thats why I also did not check graphics and audio drivers.

The modified script can be downloaded here: Attached File  zPNP_2010_07_21.7z   805.03KB   131 downloads

Many Greetings
MichaelZ

#2 nikzzzz

nikzzzz

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

Last version compatible Win7 (is not checked up)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users