#1 roottec

roottec
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

Hello There,

can enybody tell me why I get last time the error message "Non Trovato bootsdi"?

My actual Version is: SARDU_1.0.7.3d

and I get the message while creating usb stick - "LiveXP" - if I burne the livexp.iso to cd and boot my pc with this everything works.

Best thanks for your annwsers!

Michael

#2 .William.

.William.

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Development participation: MultiPar, Copy Handler, SARDU, Linux Live USB Creator, B&S.
    Operating Systems: Windows, Ubuntu
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

Hello There,

can enybody tell me why I get last time the error message "Non Trovato bootsdi"?

My actual Version is: SARDU_1.0.7.3d

and I get the message while creating usb stick - "LiveXP" - if I burne the livexp.iso to cd and boot my pc with this everything works.

Best thanks for your annwsers!

Michael

Hi Michael,

I don't speak Italian, but Non Trovato means Not Found. It's an Error message. So I guess it means the bootsdi was not found.
Now if you look at the SARDU site you'll notice 50% of this site is in Italian: the maker IS Italian.
So it's my guess that when trying to create the usb version of LiveXp it needs a file called bootsdi, but it can't find it in the location provided for it. When trying to create the cd version of LiveXP it apparently doesn't face the same problem.

Sincerely,

William

#3 roottec

roottec
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

Hi William,

thank's for your anwser - that's the same what I thought.
I will try it angaín - and maybe - sometimes it will work without error :dubbio:

best wishes

Michael

#4 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

The error message "Non Trovato bootsdi" isn't of SARDU but of LiveXP.
This ISO works fine without SARDU?

#5 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 15194 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

The error message "Non Trovato bootsdi" isn't of SARDU but of LiveXP.

I doubt that LiveXP "speaks" italian....:D

The "Non trovato" is probably coming from something else, and since Sardu is written by an Italian, partially IN italian, the guess by .William. cannot be defined if not as an educated one. :dubbio:

@roottec
Any chance that you somehow wanted to make a "bootsdi" build, but actually made a "plain" one? :unsure:

:D
Wonko

#6 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

I doubt that LiveXP "speaks" italian....:D

The "Non trovato" is probably coming from something else, and since Sardu is written by an Italian, partially IN italian, the guess by .William. cannot be defined if not as an educated one. :dubbio:

@roottec
Any chance that you somehow wanted to make a "bootsdi" build, but actually made a "plain" one? :unsure:

:D
Wonko

i've found the text in SARDU. That check was only for my tests and not change the operation of livexp

#7 roottec

roottec
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:11 AM

thank's for your anwsers!

@ davidecosta
yes the iso works fine!
later I will try the usb sitck - maybe it will work - thank I will ignor the message - if it comes later again!

@ Wonko

" Any chance that you somehow wanted to make a "bootsdi" build, but actually made a "plain" one? "

sorry - I have no idear :dubbio:

Best wishes
Michael

#8 .William.

.William.

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Development participation: MultiPar, Copy Handler, SARDU, Linux Live USB Creator, B&S.
    Operating Systems: Windows, Ubuntu
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

Usually when you eliminate all factors which in the face of the available facts are impossible; the one remaining possibility, even if improbable, must be the truth.
-Arthur Conan Doyle- :D

#9 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 15194 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

Usually when you eliminate all factors which in the face of the available facts are impossible; the one remaining possibility, even if improbable, must be the truth.
-Arthur Conan Doyle- :D

Right, but compare with "common sense advice" point #f.4:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=9101

We are still in the realm of "the possible, the common, the probable" :unsure:

:dubbio:
Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users