#76 hardcorepber

hardcorepber
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:50 AM

Hey Kamakiro,
is there anyway I could get your menu.lst?
It seems like you keep yours up to date on every thing! :1st:

Also, has anyone successfully boot Fedora the higher version the better or point me in the direction of a tutorial to do so.

Im excited for the next tutorial! :clap:

I want to say thanks in advance!

#77 Kamakiro

Kamakiro
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Movies: Memento, LOTR, Gladiator,
    Music: Lupe Fiasco,The Away Team, Jay Z,Justin Nozuka, Lauryn Hill
    TV:Dont own one (shrug)
    OS of choice: MAC OS , you cant fix a computer if yours is broken too.
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

yeah sure, this is it copy/paste. the only ones I actually use are
Hiren's 14.1 rebuild, (never got 10.6 and the original 14.1 to work. so I went ahead and found a build online that had incorporated all the good parts of 10.6 into 14.1, just undo the iso and put the HBCD folder in the root folder like the tutorial suggests.)
The repair Cds (save the ISOs in root folder)
The installations(follow tutorial/tutorial edits via forum), and UBCD.

I havnt really had time to "clean up" the list but here it is below. Hope this helps.

#
color yellow/red white/blue
splashimage /usb.xpm.gz
default /default

title Boot from Hard Drive - Windows XP (NTLDR)\ncontinue booting to windows xp
fallback 1
find --set-root --ignore-floppies --ignore-cd /ntldr
map () (hd0)
map (hd0) ()
map --rehook
chainloader /ntldr
savedefault --wait=3

title Boot from Hard Drive - Windows Vista / 7 (BOOTMGR)\ncontinue booting to windows vista or 7
fallback 2
find --set-root --ignore-floppies --ignore-cd /bootmgr
map () (hd0)
map (hd0) ()
map --rehook
chainloader /bootmgr
savedefault --wait=3

title Mini Windows XP\nBoot with Hiren's Mini Windows XP
find --set-root /HBCD/XPLOADER.BIN
chainloader /HBCD/XPLOADER.BIN

title ============================================
root

title OPHCRACK Live CD 2.3.1 for XP/Vista/ 7\nOphcrack is a free linux live cd based on(SliTaz 3.0/a free operating system, working completely in RAM and booting from removable media such as a cdrom or USB key.Its size less than 30MB.The system is quick and responsive, clean and robust) OPHCRACK comes with a Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables.
find --set-root /grldr
kernel /boot/bzImage rw root=/dev/null vga=normal lang=C kmap=us screen=1024x768x16 autologin
initrd /boot/rootfs.gz

title Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD) (includes Partition Magic 6.0)\nAn all in one Free Bootable CD for IT Pros, the cd consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD.This edition has Avira Anti-Virus Rescue CD 2010 included software.
find --set-root /ubcd502.iso
map /ubcd502.iso (hd32)
map --hook
root (hd32)
chainloader (hd32)

title Hiren's Boot CD 10.6 (not working yet) \nA huge set of applications that provides advanced tools for analyzing, recovering and fixing your computer. It is an all-in-one bootable CD solution that contains a load of useful tools you can make use of in a variety of situations.A great resource for IT pros to solve computer problems.
find --set-root/HBCD10.6/HBCD/menu.lst
configfile /HBCD10.6/HBCD/menu.lst
boot

title Hiren's Boot CD 14.1.1\nA huge set of applications that provides advanced tools for analyzing, recovering and fixing your computer. It is an all-in-one bootable CD solution that contains a load of useful tools you can make use of in a variety of situations.A great resource for IT pros to solve computer problems.
find --set-root/HBCD/menu.lst
configfile /HBCD/menu.lst
boot

title ================Windows Repair CDs=======================
root

title Windows Vista Repair Disc \nA Helps repair and recover Windows Vista.
find --set-root /Vista_Recovery_Disc.iso
map /Vista_Recovery_Disc.iso (hd32)
map --hook
root(hd32)
chainloader (hd32)

title Windows 7 Repair Disc for 32bit\nA Helps repair and recover windows 7 32bit.
find --set-root /Windows_7_32bit_Repair_Disc.iso
map /Windows_7_32bit_Repair_Disc.iso (hd32)
map --hook
root(hd32)
chainloader (hd32)

title Windows 7 Repair Disc for 64bit\nA helps repair and recover Windows 7 64 bit .
find --set-root /Windows_7_64-bit_Repair_Disc.iso
map /Windows_7_64-bit_Repair_Disc.iso (hd32)
map --hook
root(hd32)
chainloader (hd32)

title Linux Mint 9 Isadora\nA great operating system for individuals and for companies.Designed to work on most modern systems,including typical x86 and x64 PCs.It can be thought of as filling the same role as Microsoft's Windows, Apple's Mac OS, and the free BSD OS.It is also designed to "dual-boot" with other operating systems.

find --set-root /linuxmint-9-gnome-dvd-i386.iso

map /linuxmint-9-gnome-dvd-i386.iso (0xff)
map --hook
root (0xff)

kernel /casper/vmlinuz file=/cdrom/preseed/mint.seed boot=casper persistent iso-scan/filename=/linuxmint-9-gnome-dvd-i386.iso splash
initrd /casper/initrd.lz

title Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook Edition\nAn operating system built by a worldwide team of expert developers.It contains all the applications you need: a web browser, office suite, media apps, instant messaging and much more.Ubuntu is an open-source alternative to Windows and Office.
find --set-root /ubuntu-10.04-netbook-i386.iso
map /ubuntu-10.04-netbook-i386.iso (0xff)
map --hook
root (0xff)
kernel /casper/vmlinuz file=/cdrom/preseed/netbook-remix.seed boot=casper persistent iso-scan/filename=/ubuntu-10.04-netbook-i386.iso splash
initrd /casper/initrd.lz

title YLMF 3.0 Final(Windows Like OS)\nBased on Ubuntu 10.4, Ylmf OS is a free, fast, safe and stable Linux operating system with a strong expandability.A practical system following the use habit of Windows.An ideal choice for your study, work, net-surfing and entertainment.
find --set-root /Ylmf_OS_3.0.iso
map /Ylmf_OS_3.0.iso (0xff)
map --hook
root (0xff)
kernel /casper/vmlinuz file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper persistent iso-scan/filename=/Ylmf_OS_3.0.iso splash
initrd /casper/initrd.img

title Ubuntu 10.04 Rescue Remix (Recovery Tools)\nThe very best Free-Libre Open-Source data recovery software toolkit.Features a full command-line environment with up-to-date versions including GNU ddrescue, Photorec, The Sleuth Kit and Gnu-fdisk,aoetools, array-info, ext3-grep, gptsync, kpartx, and scrounge ntfs.
find --set-root /ubuntu-rescue-remix-10-04.iso
map /ubuntu-rescue-remix-10-04.iso (0xff)
map --hook
root (0xff)
kernel /casper/vmlinuz file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper iso-scan/filename=/ubuntu-rescue-remix-10-04.iso splash
initrd /casper/initrd.lz

title Live Hacking CD v 1.1 full(Dr. Ali Jahangiri)\nNew Linux distribution packed with tools and utilities for ethical hacking, penetration testing and countermeasure verification.It runs directly from USB and doesnt require installation on your hard-drive. Once booted you can use the included tools to test, check, ethically hack and perform penetration tests.
find --set-root /livehackingcd_V1-1_full.iso
map /livehackingcd_V1-1_full.iso (0xff)
map --hook
root (0xff)
kernel /casper/vmlinuz file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper persistent iso-scan/filename=/livehackingcd_V1-1_full.iso splash
initrd /casper/initrd.lz

title BackTrack 3 Final\nBackTrack is a Linux-based penetration testing arsenal that aids security professionals in the ability to perform assessments in a purely native environment dedicated to hacking.It is considered the highest rated and acclaimed Linux security distribution to date in the IT security world.
kernel /BT3/boot/vmlinuz max_loop=255 initrd=initrd.gz init=linuxrc load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 ramdisk_size=6666 vga=788 root=/dev/ram0 rw
initrd /BT3/boot/initrd.gz
boot

title BackTrack 4 FrameBuffer (1024x768)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz BOOT=casper boot=casper nopersistent rw quiet vga=0x317
initrd /boot/initrd.gz

title BackTrack 4 FrameBuffer (800x600)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz BOOT=casper boot=casper nopersistent rw quiet vga=0x314
initrd /boot/initrd800.gz

title BackTrack 4 Forensics (no swap)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz BOOT=casper boot=casper nopersistent rw vga=0x317
initrd /boot/initrdfr.gz

title BackTrack 4 in Safe Graphical Mode
kernel /boot/vmlinuz BOOT=casper boot=casper xforcevesa rw quiet
initrd /boot/initrd.gz

title BackTrack 4 Persistent Live CD
kernel /boot/vmlinuz BOOT=casper boot=casper persistent rw quiet
initrd /boot/initrd.gz

title BackTrack 4 in Text Mode
kernel /boot/vmlinuz BOOT=casper boot=casper nopersistent textonly rw quiet
initrd /boot/initrd.gz

title BackTrack 4 Graphical Mode from RAM
kernel /boot/vmlinuz BOOT=casper boot=casper toram nopersistent rw quiet
initrd /boot/initrd.gz

root

title Use arrow keys for more software DOWN the menu
root

title Use arrow keys for more software UP the menu
root

root

title Partition Wizard 7.0 (Partition Tools)\nSupports 32/64 bit Windows XP, Vista and 7. Users can perform complicated partition operations to manage their hard disk.Functions include:Resizing,Copying,Create,Delete,Format,Convert, Explore,Hide,Change drive letter,Set active,Partition Recovery.Support RAID,and size larger than 2 TB.
find --set-root /pwhe7.iso
map /pwhe7.iso (hd32)
map --hook
root (hd32)
chainloader (hd32)

root

title DBAN 2.2.6 (Darik's Boot and Nuke)\nDarik's Boot and Nuke ("DBAN") is a self-contained boot disk that securely wipes the hard disks of most computers. DBAN will automatically and completely delete the contents of any hard disk that it can detect, which makes it an appropriate utility for bulk or emergency data destruction.
find --set-root /dban-2.2.6_i586.iso
map /dban-2.2.6_i586.iso (hd32)
map --hook
root (hd32)
chainloader (hd32)

title Macrium Reflect Rescue CD 4.2.2525 Free Edition\nThis Rescue CD lets you recover your pc from backup images you made with macrium reflect . The program is amazingly easy-to-use and is perfect for users with all levels of experience.
map /MacriumReflectRescue.iso (hd32) || map --mem /MacriumReflectRescue.iso (hd32)
map --hook
root (hd32)
chainloader (hd32)
root
title Kaspersky Rescue Disk 2011\nKaspersky Lab's newest development, which allows you to completely kill any viruses, including even the most dangerous, with which it is impossible to get to boot Windows.The 2011 version can be updated from the net if the pc is connected to net.
map (hd0,0)/rescue/rescueusb.iso (0xff) || map --mem (hd0,0)/rescue/rescueusb.iso (0xff)
map --hook
chainloader (0xff)

title AVG Rescue CD (Anti-Virus + Anti-Spyware)\nA must-have toolkit for system administrators and other IT professionals,with Comprehensive administration toolkit,System recovery from virus and spyware infections, Suitable for recovering MS Windows and Linux operating systems (FAT32 and NTFS file systems),Ability to perform a clean boot from CD or USB stick.
find --set-root /AVG.iso
map /AVG.iso (hd32)
map --hook
chainloader (hd32)

title BitDefender Rescue CD 2010\nThis latest version is capable to scan and disinfect all existing hard drives before your operating system starts.You should use this Rescue CD any time your operating system is not working properly because of virus infections.The update of the virus signatures is made automatically, without user intervention.
find --set-root /bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso
map /bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso (hd32)
map --hook
root (hd32)
chainloader (hd32)

root
title Kon-Boot \nA hacking utility:For Windows it allows enter any password protected profile without knowledge of the password.For Linux it allows to log into the system as 'root' user without typing the password or to elevate privileges from current user to root.After reboot windows will return to its normal as nothing happened.
kernel /konboot/memdisk
initrd /konboot/konboot.img

title Boot to Windows XP after Kon-Boot\nLogon to Windows XP with Password removed temporary after the KON-BOOT session.
fallback 1
map () (hd0)
map (hd0) ()
map --rehook
chainloader /ntldr
savedefault --wait=3

title Boot to Windows Vista or 7 after Kon-Boot\nLogon to Windows Vista or 7 with Password removed temporary after the KON-BOOT session.
fallback 2
map () (hd0)
map (hd0) ()
map --rehook
chainloader /bootmgr
savedefault --wait=3
root
title WINDOWS XP (SP3) Setup\nstart Windows XP setup
root (hd0,0)
configfile /winsetup.lst
savedefault

title WINDOWS Vista or 7 (SP1)Setup\nstart Windows Vista or 7 setup
root (hd0,0)
chainloader /bootmgr
root
title Memory Test\nMemory Test

kernel /boot/memtest86+.bin

root
title Reboot\nRegards of sahar_computers@yahoo.com
reboot

#78 culay13

culay13
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Indonesia

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

hi jamal..

I have one question

about hiren program
in tutorial MI2USB you use Hiren boot v.10

but I try hiren boot v.15

in "menu.lst"

title Hiren's Boot CD 15nA huge set of applications that provides advanced tools for analyzing, recovering and fixing your computer. It is an all-in-one bootable CD solution that contains a load of useful tools you can make use of in a variety of situations.A great resource for IT pros to solve computer problems.
find --set-root /HBCD/boot.gz
map --mem /HBCD/boot.gz (fd0)

map --hook
chainloader (fd0)+1
rootnoverify (fd0)
map --floppies=1
boot

I can't find "boot.gz" folder HBCD/
please help me

#79 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars, www.easy2boot.com
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

try

title Hiren's Boot CD 15\nA huge set of applications that provides advanced tools for analyzing, recovering and fixing your computer. It is an all-in-one bootable CD solution that contains a load of useful tools you can make use of in a variety of situations.A great resource for IT pros to solve computer problems.
configfile /HBCD/menu.lst

#80 Robert Rack

Robert Rack

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:31 PM

wow...I'm astonished! ...but...it's NOT so IMPOSSIBLE! ;)

For some (old) systems, is not possible to boot from USB, they still prefer to boot from a floppy or a cd drive, even if you modify their boot sequence; so, for troubleshoot even in those systems, I've bought a USB thumb which incorporate a sort of "emulated" cd-drive (like the U3-Smart system) hopefully to cheat those systems

in my USB thumb, unfortunately I'm still trying to add a "kick start" in the emulated drive to boot the recovery systems loaded in the standard drive (my "rescue key" also uses Grub4Dos and Hiren's Boot Disk, BackTrack and PartedMagic but also WinXP Tablet install disk)
...so for me it will become THE MISSION IMPOSSIBLE-USB when your tutorial will include a step to add a "kick - start" from another drive! :D

However Thanks for the very good job!!! :cheers:

#81 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars, www.easy2boot.com
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Try adding Plop to your grub4dos menu? http://www.rmprepusb.../tutorials/plop

#82 NigelMDL

NigelMDL
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Photography
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Thanks to everyone here! I have begone my own journy to create an all in 1 master usb stick.

So just wanted to say thank you all voor the guidence and tools.

#83 dagonas

dagonas

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

Hi

I'm trying to download the PDF tutorial

Does anyone have it?

THANKS

#84 u2o

u2o

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 257 posts
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hi
I'm trying to download the PDF tutorial

Does anyone have it?

THANKS

Go to http://www.mediafire.../?f19l6h97hv77z and open the tutorial you want ... Then click on the Download button (up-right) to download

Greetings!

#85 dagonas

dagonas

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

Thank you for your help

I want to know if someone has done an USB MULTI INSTALL USB with Windows XP and Windows 7

#86 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

yes - see #63 on my site...

#87 AVENOCTURNO

AVENOCTURNO

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Technology (making experimental lasers specially), Music composing, Alien-Human Relationship, Arts (in general), learning about to live in meditation state, etc.... Just a little bit of my music here: www.myspace.com/nachovalle
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

Hello to everyone!

I've tryed many, many things about the UsbInstallers stuff, & sometimes i've found acceptable results, i've made several installs & rescue data, but in general the results were relative..., nothing special...

Several months ago i've found this forum, i've found Jamal..., & WOW!!!, JAMAL RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, i've made fully succesfull installations & rescue data in many machines following the Jamal's tutorials & using the download links exposed there.

But i want to tell you that the better results that i've obtained were using the 1° version of the All In One Usb; this version is the fastest & super-stable version that i've ever try, in the tutorial the format system for the usb drive is NTFS, i had doubts about it while doing the task...., but the results were totally amazing!

The 2° version of the tutorial includes a lot of super usefull rescue tools & many more usefull things, but the speed performance is not so ompressive than the 1° version, obviously, the 2° it's a giant rescue tool, the 1° is the best installer ever (obviously, from my point of view....).

How to make the things a little bit easy, for people that could be reading this thread now, i've uploaded again the 1° & 2° versions of the Jamal's ALL IN ONE USB tutorials, within the tools for the job (i've not uploaded O.S.'s files or the Hiren's folders..., there're enough fast web sources for that).

The .rar file it's called JAMAL's LEGACY, with no pass, no virus & other craps, it's hosted in Mediafire, the best storage site that i know;

http://www.mediafire...vv739gk0owjdsmr

I hope this data be helpfull for someone.

Peace.

#88 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

Thanks. Did you try Tutorial #63 on RMPrepUSB website?

#89 AVENOCTURNO

AVENOCTURNO

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Technology (making experimental lasers specially), Music composing, Alien-Human Relationship, Arts (in general), learning about to live in meditation state, etc.... Just a little bit of my music here: www.myspace.com/nachovalle
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

Hi Stevie

No, i've not tryed yet, but i'll do & i'll tell you later.

Thx a lot for suggest!

#90 AVENOCTURNO

AVENOCTURNO

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

Hola Dagonas

No sé si escribirte en castellano o en inglés, ya que no estoy seguro de si en la página estoy viendo tus mensajes traducidos en forma automática o si realmente me escribes en castellano..., después aclarame por favor.

En cuanto a la pregunta que me hacés, es muy sencillo, solo tenés que seguir los pasos que se mencionan en los tutoriales de Jamal, a los cuales podés acceder descargándolos desde sus locaciones originales, o desde las descargas que dejé disponibles en mi post.

Lo que te sugiero es, si tu interés es producir un buen multiinstalador xp-seven, que utilices la "1° VERSIÓN" que vas a encontrar al descomprimir el paquete .rar descargado. Si tu interés pasa por tener un multiinstaller más una infinidad de herramientas de recuperación entonces seguí el tutorial que se encuentra en la "2° VERSIÓN". Reitero; la 1° VERSIÓN de los tutoriales de Jamal es la adecuada para hacer un multiinstaller súper-rápido y efectivo, la 2° VERSIÓN es menos rápida en su funcionamiento, pero igualmente efectiva y con una gran cantidad de herramientas añadidas.

En cualquiera de los dos casos, para poder producir los dispositivos USB, es recomendable quitar del sistema programas antivirus y programas automáticos de análisis para unidades USB, ya que impiden la correcta confección de estos multiboots. En mi caso tuve que directamente desinstalar estos programas ya que me impedían la confección de estos multi-installers, es largo de explicar pero realmente me sucedió, quitando los programas de seguridad y disponiendo de pendrives en buen estado todo funcionó a la perfección. Luego reisntalé los programas de seguridad, obviamente.

Entonces, sería también bueno sugerir que para proceder a la confección de estos dispositivos te desconectes de la red, de modo que al desinstalar o desactivar los antivirus y demás programas de seguridad no quedes expuesto a los clásicos riesgos que vivimos en la web...

Reitero, cada exacto detalle del procedimiento para crear estas herramientas está expuesto con mucha claridad en los tutoriales de Jamal, que están en formato PDF dentro de los paquetes a descargar.

Si el problema pasa por un asunto de traducción puedo ayudarte, pero no sé si ése es el problema que se te presentó.

Saludos!

#91 AVENOCTURNO

AVENOCTURNO

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:30 AM

Hi again Stevie!

Well, i've already learning around about the #63 tutorial that you've mentioned.

Yes, i've tryed that way too, & it's certainly effective. But, you know, some days before that i've already done & TESTED the 1° version of the Jamal's ALL-IN-ONE (i don't know if the knowledge within this tuto came exclusively from Jamal or not, i just know that him made me get success...), well, the point is that the 1°Version is totally amazing. Perhaps it's relationed to the NTFS formating procedure applied to the pendrive, i'm still unsure about it, but i swear u that the resultant speed is faster than any other usb installer than i ever made.

By the way., did you try the 1° ALLINONE tuto about i'm talking? Perhaps we can maintain the speed performance while addin' the many other tools exposed in this #63 & the 2°Version of Jamal's ALLINONE...

I'll do it soon & i'll post my results here.

Regards!

#92 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

You can use NTFS with #63. I only suggest FAT32 because for a multiboot stick you can then run DOS from it and versions of linux that do not support NTFS.
WinSetupFromUSB is very good at what it does. Jamal has just documented how to use it. The point is that with #63 you can just drop any number of different ISOs onto a USB drive - it is much quicker to set up a USB drive and add more ISOs. Also it will work with most AHCI systems as well as old legacy IDE systems as you can load a driver manually.

#93 AVENOCTURNO

AVENOCTURNO

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Understood Stevie!

Now i know a little bit more & i'll proceed to follow this #63 step by step, thx a lot (...i'm getting a HAL9000 deja vu..., hehehe...)

I'm slowly gettin' inside Linux universe & i guess one of these super-stick tools will be more than helpfull for my next works.

Regards!

#94 hardcorepber

hardcorepber
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hey everyone,

Im trying to get more information about creating a my own custom All in 1 USB, but havent had any luck.
Can anyone point me in the direction as to where to start, like instructions, faq's. That kinds of stuff.

I want all the feature of the All in 1 USB, but i want to update to current versions any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

#95 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

urm, may I suggest...

#96 AVENOCTURNO

AVENOCTURNO

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hi hardcorepber

Have u tryed with the Steve suggested #63 tutorial?, or through the Jamal's tutos?, i can affirm that's no necessary more (or newer) data than the exposed in these works...

I've wrote a few lines before (in Spanish...) that there are some details to pay attention while doin' those super-sticks... One of these details is to deactivate or uninstall all kind of usb-security softs while doin' you super-stick. I've experimented infinite troubles with the Panda's Usb Vaccine, for example, this soft wont let u finish well any kind of attempt! Obviously, i can recommend the mentioned soft as a great "usb virus stopper", but while doing usb installers it's hardly necessary to kick it out from your machine, you'll can reinstall it when the job is done, if u want of course.

Of course, i'm talking about makin' an AIO pendrive from a Windows environment....

In my personal experience i had to uninstall my antivirus too, obviously while doin' the task i've disconected the machine from the network.

Other of the details i've experimented, this is once the usb installer was fully functionally & in the Seven installing process; as you know the Seven installation has three basic steps, it's very important that while the first reboot of the install procedure you get into de bios setup & change the boot order assignin' the HD to 1° place & the USB stick to 2° place, if u don't you'll get an endless first step installation reboot. 'Cause my animal behavior, the first time that i've experimented this little trouble, i've unpluged & re-pluged the stick once the process was updating the registry from the HD, this action is a great mistake 'cause, as you know, this could even format the entire pendrive, or damage it seriously....

Please let us to know what kind of issues, or fails, are u experimenting about the task in a more detailed way.

Regards!

#97 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

If booting from USB and using grub4dos, it is often wise to swap over the hd0 and hd1 devices - hd0 will start off as your USB stick, hd1 will be the internal HDD.

so swap them over before you start an install

map (hd0) (hd1)

map (hd1) (hd0)

map --hook

I see above that you have used...
map () (hd0)
This would map the current device (which would be the USB stick) to hd0 (which would be the USB stick)??????

#98 AVENOCTURNO

AVENOCTURNO

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

....hehehe., yes Stevie, you're right, of course.

Actually i don't really know why, i've made several modifications to many boot settings files, as the menu.lst's files, but perhaps stress, idiocracy, & so on..., hehe, sometimes i forget essential tips, u know, i need some vacations!!!

Thx a lot again Stevie.

#99 Lord Quo

Lord Quo
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hi to all. I'm doing this tutorial, but the BackTrack CD are in the 5th version. How can I integrate this ISO in the Mission Impossible USB.

Thanks to all
-------------------
Hola a todos. Estoy realizando este tutorial, pero el CD de BackTrack ya está en la versión 5. ¿Cómo puedo integrar ésta ISO al USB Misión Imposible?

Gracias a todos

:good:

#100 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Does Tutorial #9 help you? You can't do it from an ISO (at least I couldn't!), you must extract the files...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users