fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

Hi wimb :D
Thanxs for the info on audio & wallpaper. Okay so now atleast i know that it is a common problem and not with something i was doing :)
So i have to concentrate as off now on how to get the internet working.
The reason why i have been doing all this in VMWare under win 7 environment is bcos, from the beginning i tried under winxp envirnmnt, and was getting all kinds of warnings. This file is missing, this error, etc. etc.
Yeah i have read all the posts on this topic and read also on the 911cd net forum, and for some reason i must be doing some mistake as i read that u were doing under winxp envirmnt. But i wanted to achieve the end result of making a win 7 pex, so used the easiest way of using VMWare win 7 envir. But all this was for the 32 bit win 7 pex.
Just on a side note, i have gone ahead and installed win 7 64 bit OS on a separate partition, alongside win xp pro, and am writing this post from win 7 64 bit OS
Now i was hoping to get ur help in how shld i use it in winxp envir to make the win 7 64 bit pex.
Could u let me know what shld i do for making win 7 64 bit in winxp envir. Meaning first of all, suppose i start makepe-3 in win xp say first time without anything (win 7 files collected). What do i do. (i have the win 7 64 bit installed now on a separate partition as well if that is needed). So can u tell me how do i go about this.
What do i use for the source:
Win 7 64 bit DVD or Win 7 64 bit installed files which are on the other partition
Next do i point to WAIK in the second line of the program. Do i have to use WAIK which is installed on winxp or do i not use that.
Next which radio button do i use. The first one or second one. First one is Win 7 without WAIK and with the check mark marked. The second radio button is with WAIK.
Will this achieve the result or anything else i have to do.
Will wait for ur solution to proceed further, bcos, even if the wallpaper and audio do not work, atleast if i could get internet to work, it would be okay. I would have a win 7 pex 64 bit. :D

#152 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 2629 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

from the beginning i tried under winxp envirnmnt, and was getting all kinds of warnings. This file is missing, this error, etc. etc.

As I told you already you need x86 tools in x86 XP OS which you cannot get from x64 Win7 DVD.
If you install WAIK for Windows 7 then you have x86 version tools available.
(but instead of WAIK, Make_PE3 could have collected for you the required x86 tools from previously building 32-bit version 7pe_x86.iso)

Are you sure that you are using the right versions and that you Reboot before using Make_PE3 in order to STOP WimFltr ?
Required versions: AIK for Windows 7 and Make_PE3 version 1.9

Required for making pe3_x86.iso - AIK for Windows 7 - KB3AIK_EN.iso - Microsoft - Windows PE 3.0
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
Dism.exe of AIK must be version 6.1.7600.16385 (earlier version 7000 gives Errors)

Download - Make-PE3 - mirror

Known issue:
Previous use of imagex version 6.0.6001 (e.g. for making BB7PE) results in reg load error when using Make_PE3 programs.
It means that when Make_PE3 has mounted boot.wim with Dism, that reg load of PE registry fails.
Solution: simply Reboot before using Make_PE3 programs to remove memory of imagex usage.

What are precisely the error messages that you get ?

#153 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

Hi Wimb :D
My make-pe 3 is version 1.9
Posted Image
And the Waik also seems i think to be the same link which u sent me in the last post
Posted Image
I will try and do again the build of win 7 pex 64 bit from winxp envrmnt and report back again, as now i have a win 7 64 bit installed in another partition and make-pe3 recognised the partition as source when i just started it. Let me see if i can make a build or of it gives some error. If it gives some error i will report back with the error. Just for my info, shld i use the installed partition win 7 64 bit as source and shld i point to the waik folder which is installed in winxp program files folder. Or should i not point to the waik folder. Also should i use the first option and not point to the waik folder. Bcos i m going to try and make all over again a new build so will not use the make-pe 3 from the previous buiild. Will try and extract make pe 3 again and do it a afresh from winxp envirmnt. Also what did u mean by reboot. Meaning do i restart my computer again or r u referring to just closing and restarting the make pe 3 program. I had meant to ask u this b4. it just slipped my mind. :D

#154 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 2629 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

Versions are OK
All options you mention can be used, but point to the WAIK if not found auto.

Reboot means Restart your computer, needed to STOP WimFltr driver activated by using old imagex version 6001
WimFiltr is used e.g when building BB-7PE or W7PEX of amalux

#155 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

Hi Wimb
I just tried it again and got an error. This is what i did
1)Using Win XP OS, i extracted a new make pe-3 folder. (i had deleted the old folder). So everything was from the begining (scratch).
2) I restarted the computer
2)Than tried the build using the below options and i get the "Dism Cleanup- Wim return with error code 87
Posted Image
What do i do (how do i go about this)

#156 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 2629 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

Unexpected error. Does not occur here.
Thanks for info.

Can you Reboot and try again using second radio button:
Get Win 7 files and use AIK to make pe3.iso

Hope this works for you .....

Otherwise boot with your installed x64 Win 7 and use Make_PE3.exe to make 7pe_amd64.iso

#157 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

Since as i mentioned the first option (radio button didnt work) i tried by booting into Win 7 64 bit OS and from there i made the build which as before (in VMWare also it had worked) it worked. But as before when i transfer it to usb and boot from usb and than load win 7 64 pex, it loads fine, but do not have internet.
I have 2 network adaptors. One is for LAN and the other is for internet. When i first open PENetwork it shows both adaptors. So as usual (what i have been doing for all the PEs, livexp (amalux) ) i choose the internet adaptor, than manually put the ip addresses, default gateway, dns servers and click "OK" in PENetwork. What happens next is with this i should have been able to browse the net. But it doesnt work. So i reopen PENetwork and when i do this, there is no second network adaptor avaliable. Only the LAN network adaptor is there. The Internet network adaptor is no longer there.
So i ran Driver FIX, but it doesnt help as still the Internet Adaptor doesnt appear. Here am attaching the Driver Fix while it was processing. As u can c it gives some errors while processing too.
Posted Image

PS: I had faced such a problem when i used to test Amalux's LiveXP, but i cant be too sure what was the reason. But that time i used to use drivers packs, and though i cant be sure, i had a feeling that could have been the reason, meaning some driver from that driver pack was conflicting. Later i deleted the driver packs for a different reason, basically bcos i was not getting audio. And only after discarding those driver packs i had been able to get my audio working in livexp case.
The reason why i wrote this experience with Amalux's pack is bcos here in make-pe3 , i didnt use any drivers. Used only the ones supplied by the make-pe3 program. Could it be that some driver from the make-pe 3 is causing the conflict for internet in my case. :D

#158 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

Hi Wimb
I managed to finally make a build in winxp OS. Used the make-pe3 folder which i had run first in the Win 7 64 bit OS. Meaning i copied the make-pe3 folder from the build which i had done from WIn 7 64 bit OS into the win xp and ran the make-pe3.exe from win xp envir. Used the second option as u had suggested before "Get Win 7 files and use AIK to make pe3.iso"
Posted Image
The build went fine, loaded fine.....
Only culdnt get internet. So there definitely is something that is conflicting . Bcos i was under the impression that it culd have been my win 7 64 bit OS which was creating some issue with regarding to my network adaptor. But now i did the build from within xp and the same problem with internet. Will have to see if i can get some drivers from intel site and put them inside the C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_drivers\amd64
ie if i can get some zipped drivers which i can extract and use. Not the *.exe file which many times they tend to provide.
:D

#159 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 2629 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:59 AM

Thanks for reply with detailed results.
So, it means that the routines for making pe3_amd64.iso are working for you both in XP and in x64 Win 7 OS :D

The driver_fix errors occur for me also.

I have wired and wireless LAN adapter, which both can be connected to internet,
simply using PENetwork and OK (router will give ip).

You can try to find out in x64 Win7 OS if Internet is available there and what driver is used.
In Device Manager look for driver details. Then you might use this driver in 7 PE.
Add folder with driver (sys cat and inf file) to C:\Make PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_drivers\amd64
Otherwise you can use required driver folder from Vista x64 DriverPack LAN and WLAN
http://driverpacks.n...verpacks/latest
Some drivers have Co Installer like in Ralink 5 folder given already.

The fact that the Make_PE3 7pe routine is giving in XP OS a Dism Cleanup-Wim error 87
remains to be solved.
I saw in the code that the error is not fatal, I mean you can press OK and the build continues.
What happens in this case for you ?
Are there any mounted images being in use (VMWare or so) ?

#160 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:28 AM

Yes i was able to access internet from Win 7 64 bit right from the beginning. But anyhow i went and updated some of the windows updates and also some of the drivers from intel also (this is on my host os win 7 64 bit). Updated LAN, graphics, audio from intel for win 7 64 bit OS.

Here from the device manager am attaching screenshot, do i only take that on file e1e6236e.sys file from the driver folder or do i use the other ones also (there are some *.dll, *.din, *.dll, *.dll....these other files are in system32 folder not in drivers folder). Pls c attachment. So do i copy these also.
Posted Image
I will check that error 87 . Will run the makepe3 in xp envir and check what happens if i click OK after that error. What happens. But i think in my case it gives another error, or something else. But it does not continue. But m not totally sure. Give me some time to check that, bcos as off now i m in win 7 64 bit envir, and will try the drivers test using makepe3, as soon as i get a chance will go into winxp envir and try and c and report about the error code 87. :D

#161 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 2629 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

You certainly need all these files, but also .inf and .cat files.
You can try to find the Intel driver install package, search with driver filename in your User folder.

Then extract this package and add folder with inf sys dll and cat files to Make_PE3
Or you may download the driver package from Intel,
or may be you find the same driver already as folder in DP Vista x64 package ....

Solution:
download http://driverpacks.n...a/x64/lan/10.03

Extract and and find your driver in DP_LAN_wnt6-x64_1003\x64\L\Intel\2\NDIS62

Add folder L\Intel\2\NDIS62 to C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_drivers\amd64

#162 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:59 AM

Hi
I couldnt find in Users any folder named "driver or drivers". But there is a folder called drivers in C:\Windows\System32\drivers
If i copy that one will it help (though inside that folder there are only *sys files, no *inf & no *cat files inside the drivers folder in system 32).
Will it work

#163 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:42 PM

I tested already 4-5 times with different options. And in all cases no internet. All the builds were done from Win 7 64 host OS . First time without any drivers. Second time with DP pack link which u sent me. Third time putting the "drivers folder" from C:\Windows\system 32. And fourth time with the same drivers folder plus Dp pack link u sent me. But no internet.

Okay now i would like to explain a little about my network adaptor cards on my sytem. I have 2 Network Adaptor cards.
1)Intel 82566DC Gigabite network connection (INTERNET ADAPTOR)
2)D-Link DFE Adaptor (LAN ADAPTOR between 2 computers on a LAN)

Now after loadin Win 7 64 pex when i start PE Network Adaptor (let me call = pen), from the first screenshot u can c that there is a "Realtek Adaptor" which pen is processing. Posted Image
This Realtek Adaptor is actually used for LAN. Though i have only 2 adaptors as i mentioned above. One is Dlink (LAN) and the other one is Intel (Internet). On my WinXP OS which is on another partition i do not have the DLink adaptor in the device Manager. I have the Realtek showing in the Device Manager. But in Win 7 64 bit OS in place of Realtek i have the Dlink one showing in the device manager in place of LAN adpator, no Realtek. In both cases (winxp OS & win 7 OS) the Internet adpator is Intel one. And just to clarify in reality physically i have only 2 network cards not three cards.

So now from the screenshot above it shows that pen has found the Realtek Adaptor, even if it is for a brief moment (why i say brief moment is this--> ), After the processing when pen shows on desktop with open window as u can c from the second screenshot, there is no Realtek shown now. It only shows Dlink DFE & Intel 82566DC. So Realtek dissappeared after momentarily being there during the processing.
Posted Image

So now we have 2 adaptors---> Dlink (LAN) & Intel (internet).
Next i choose the Intel adaptor and i manually put the Static IPs , Default gateway, DNS add for the Intel adaptor which i chose as this is for internet. (i have to put manually the IPs etc bcos otherwise i cannot connect to the internet).
Posted Image
Now after putting the IPs, when i click "OK".... and when i reopen pen to check if everything is okay, as u can see from the below screenshot the Intel 82566DC adaptor( has dissappeared). No Satic Ips and no Intel Adaptor. Only the Dlink DFE adaptor (for LAN) is there as if the Dlink DFE adaptor has replaced the Intel adaptor, just as in the beginning the Realtek one dissappeared or got replaced.
Posted Image
So i am wondering what has happened to the Intel Adaptor.

So i checked the device manager next .See below screenshot. It shows an exclamation mark near Intel adaptor and inside the properties of Intel adaptor it says something about "Windows cannot load the device driver bcos a previous instance of the device driver is in the memory"
Posted Image

Next i open Network connections and from the below screenshot u can see that there are 2 adaptors shown : Intel (internet) & Dlink (Lan). But the Dlink one has the symbol of 2 PCs correctly, while the Intel one doesnt have the symbol correctly as there is a fault.
Posted Image

So from the above it looks to me that something is going wrong when i use PE Network Manager , as if some issue arises when i use that. No matter which ever drivers i put inside the build.

Lastly the below screenshot is of Win 7 64 bit HOST OS (not of a win 7 pex)
Posted Image
Here the 2 symbols for the adaptors are OK as i have internet connection. :D

#164 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 2629 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:44 PM

Second time with DP pack link which u sent me.

It is quite a story ...

How did you add the driver for the second case ?
Is the driver correctly integrated ?
I have the feeling that you might have done it not in the right way. :D

#165 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:11 PM

Hi wimb :)
Yeah that was a long post..... :D
For the DP pack , after downloading, i extracted it to a folder and from this folder i copied only the Intel folder which was inside the extracted DP pack to
C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_drivers\amd64

After writing the last post, i tried again loading Win 7 pex to check if the Intel adaptor was okay before using PE Network. And yes it was okay before i use the PE Network. The below screenshots are just before i put the manual static ips into PE network. So before using PE Network both the adaptors are detected correctly and are showing as working properly. Does this not mean that the drivers have been loaded correctly, bcos if they had been wrongly loaded or wrong drivers than in the first place itself the Adaptors would have been shown disabled. But the adaptors firstly are showing to be okay.
Posted Image
Posted Image

From the above 2 screenshots it is seen that when win 7 pex loaded first before using the PENetwork Manager the adaptors are working properly. Only after i put the static ip and click "OK" in Pe Network (after using PE Network) the Intel Adaptor gets disabled.
The below screenshot is after using PE Network, where the Intel Adaptor has got disabled
Posted Image

#166 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 2629 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

So don't use PENetwork for now.
Try after drivers ok, then to use direct Internet browser e.g. QtWeb from PStart folder,
which you previously copied to root of drive from which you boot and load 7pe_amd64.iso using grub4dos.

#167 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

I tried without using the PE Network. Meanig just booted from USB using grub4dos, than loaded win 7pex., than without using PE Network , started QTWeb. I cnnot get access for internet.
In general i have tried different PEs, like livexp (amalux), win7pex 32bit (amalux), win 7 pex 32 bit (wimb), hawkpe, don't remembr but i think even ubcd4win. In all these PEs, if i do not put the static ips somewhere, than i have no internet access. Even on my host OS (winxp & win 7 64 bit) i have to put static ips to get internet access. So if i do not use PENetwork and put static ip in this case (win 7 pex 64 bit), than where can i put this ips and get internet access.

#168 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

Success at last :)
It was the PE Network which was disabling my Intel adaptor. So the hint which u gave me :) helped me in getting the internet working.
This is how i did. Firstly the build is the same (same as in the one which was not working before). Booted the same way from USB (G4D), loaded win 7 PEx 64 bit. After loading win 7 PEx, i didnt start PE Network. I just started Driver Fix. After driver Fix finished, i went to "Network & Sharing Centre" and from there went to "Change adaptor settings", (so basically went to Network Connections). There i saw the Intel adaptor was enabled. So i right clicked went into properties, put the static ips, default gateway, dns etc and that's it.
Here i am as off now posting from firefox web browser using Win 7 pex 64.

So thanxs a ton for all the patient helping :D , it has been really nice of u.
:)

PS: So what do u feel , that i should get rid of all those drivers which i had put before in this build, i mean the driver pack drivers and the "drivers folder" from system 32 HOST OS which i put. Or let those be there as it is.

#169 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:34 PM

Posted Image

#170 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 2629 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:06 AM

Hi fms,

Good news, Internet is working for you when booting with 7pe_amd64.iso :D

Note that the x is used in amalux name W7PEX but not in builds made with Make_PE3.
So referring to win 7 PEx is confusing and it should be Portable Windows 7 PE
or simply Win 7 PE made with Make_PE3

I think only Add folder L\Intel\2\NDIS62 to C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_drivers\amd64
The driver in this Vista x64 DriverPack folder is for Windows 7 (see read me).

Good method to set your static ip via Network Center and not via PENetwork.
May be Holger can find a solution to improve PENetwork for 64-bits 7 PE :D

The red cross in taskbar network icon is normal. It only disappears for wireless network.

:)

#171 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:00 AM

Thanxs for d info on the difference on Win 7 PE (mak-pe3 ) & Win 7 PEx (amalux).

Yup, will add only the L\Intel\2\NDIS....just checked the readme.txt now and saw that's the one.

Hopefully Holger will notice these posts about the PE Network issue.

Yeah, after taking that screenshot and uploading it , i remembered that the red cross in the taksbar used to not come for other build also. But good to know that it shows up in wireless condition. Didnt know that tip as dont have wireless.

Was trying to c if i could change the wallpaper. Did a search in the Make-pe 3 folder and wherever there was a "winpe.bmp" i put my wallpaper. Also mounted boot.wim and replaced the winpe.bmp inside the boot.wim and saved it and remounted to check if the winpe.bmp was my wallpaper, and yes it was my wallpaper. So it got changed there too. But after making the build it still gave the same sky blue wallpaper. Was wondering from which loaction does it really take that wallpaper. So could try and replace it at the root/sourece of where it takes the wallpaper & could be it would change the wallpaper. Will try now to search for every *.wim file on the drive and replace it with my wallpaper and see if it works.
Any suggestions on this trial method which i m trying to use. :D

#172 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 2629 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:09 AM

Wallpaper needs to set the key
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\PE3-SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\ProductOptions]

Change file C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_reg\amd64\PE3-SYSTEM_CUSTOM.reg

See JFX in
http://www.911cd.net...o...23931&st=96

#173 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

was wondering , how to run the WallCmd.exe file from JFX (that post link u sent me).
Where do i put the Wallcmd.exe file to run it.
When i try to run the file it says to run from commandline, when i try running from CMD.exe it still says the same thing.
Also how do i modify the C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_reg\amd64\PE3-SYSTEM_CUSTOM.reg
Meaning what code do i put in PE3-SYSTEM_CUSTOM.reg file (never done it b4, so not sure how to go about it)......

PS: Do i put the wallcmd.exe file in C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\amd64\Program Files (x86)\wall-cmd
And by doing this i do not have to change the C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_reg\amd64\PE3-SYSTEM_CUSTOM.reg file.
Will the my wallpaper get automatically loaded

#174 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 2629 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:05 PM

Wait for version 2.0 of Make_PE3

It is working for me already and I will release the new version in a few days.

#175 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:28 PM

That's nice to know that the new version will be out, will be waiting for it. :D

I just was trying it out. This is what i did. I replaced the WallCmd.exe by JFX in the
C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\amd64\Program Files (x86)\wall-cmd

Also i replaced the sky.jpg from the same location C:\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\amd64\Program Files (x86)\wall-cmd.

After i made the build using explorer shell option while making the build.

After loading win 7 pe, when the explorer shell comes it comes in sky blue color. But if i go to BSExplorer and there i manually choose the wall paper only than i can get my customised wallpaper. So r u able to get it to automatically load your wallpaper from explorer shell without having to go to BSExplorer and than manually change it from there. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 7pe, tutorial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users