4 replies to this topic

#1 Hannes

Hannes
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:12 PM

Hi!

I come from this thread.

The Problem why I ask is, I have to deploy Servers by using Syslinux as PXE boot, and Create an unattended installation with BartPE/OpenBuilder.

First at all, I want to get the network to run. (I'm testing this on a VMware Workstation 5.0) and later want it to run on HP Proliant's 360 G4p Scsi/Sas and 380 G4 Scsi.

But I have no clue at all how to get the network started.

/edit_001: I have tested to get the Dependency Walker to run, to know why the network isn't working, but I even don't get the Dependency Walker to run.

/edit_002: When I double click on the clock, the system freezes and reboots!?

Has anybody an idea?

Hannes

#2 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:38 PM

Welcome to the boards!

Seems like a good challenge, I still haven't started working on network support, but Martin (draugen) has already added in his microPE project, the scripts were written in batcher's syntax, but I guess they can probably be adapted to run well under openbuilder. Perhaps he's the right person to provide network running again on these builds.. :P

/edit_001: I have tested to get the Dependency Walker to run, to know why the network isn't working, but I even don't get the Dependency Walker to run.

I haven't tried to run dependency walker, perhaps it's needed to check dependency walker's dependencies.. I will get on it, and report if I get it running fine.. :P

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:56 PM

I haven't tried to run dependency walker, perhaps it's needed to check dependency walker's dependencies.. I will get on it, and report if I get it running fine.. :P

I tried it a couple of weeks ago and transferred all necessary files to target.

No success! :P

I think there are some 'regsvr32' missing. :P
(The 'regsvr32' issue is on my ToDo list, but to make a Regedit and regeditPE script, maybe I can enlarge with Dependency Walker)

Peter

#4 Miphnik

Miphnik
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:33 PM

I tried it a couple of weeks ago and transferred all necessary files to target.

No success! :P

I think there are some 'regsvr32' missing. :P
(The 'regsvr32' issue is on my ToDo list, but to make a Regedit and regeditPE script, maybe I can enlarge with Dependency Walker)

Peter

I'm in a similiar situation. Current methology in my organization is to use WinPE vix PXE for image deployment. I have been successful in getting a BartPE build to work in it's place but would love to be able to get something that has a smaller iso size, has network (TCP/IP) support and would allow me to install a small executable into a ram drive.

I'm not sure if this is the project for that but regardless this is still a great application.

Keep up the great work.

#5 Yorn

Yorn

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:51 PM

I think a lot of BartPE users are dropping by and they find OpenBuilder good because it has "one function" potential, for example, creating a boot CD to run one program and one program only with every network driver known to man on the CD.

We're working to get there. I know I just found out about WINNER today:
http://repository.wi...com/winner.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users