1. Installed Windows 2000 Pro Sp4 integrated English from an original boot disk (no modifications applied).
2. Installed WinRar (needed for openning and making archieves).
3. Installed network adapter (needed for downloading files).
4. Installed video adapter (just for better screen resolution).
5. Downloaded nativeEx_barebone.zip from here.
6. Unpacked WinBuilder.exe (v068 - beta 6) into nativeEx_barebone folder.
7. Ran WinBuilder and downloaded Tools folder (with content) from updates.boot-land.net.
8. Downloaded ALL content from psc.boot-land.net\Projects and closed WinBuilder.
9. Made a nativeEx_barebone.rar archieve with all content using WinRar for future testing.
10. Inserted XP SP2 CD into tray (disk G:).
11. Run WinBuilder and didn't touch ANYTHING on the first tab, directly went to the second tab Paths and selected drive G: for Source directory.
12. Run Play button for creating build.
Result 1 - bsod...
See attached oleg2_w2k_clean_xp_source.zip file for log and Temp folder content.
13. Deleted folder nativeEx_barebone with all content and extracted clean files from nativeEx_barebone.rar (prepared in step 9). Makes the test absolutely clean.
14. Changed CD disk in tray to Windows 2003 SP1 English (original download, no modification made).
15. Run WinBuilder and didn't touch ANYTHING on the first tab, directly went to the secont tab Paths and selected drive G: for Source directory.
16. Run Play button for creating build.
Result 2 - bsod...
See attached oleg2_w2k_clean_w2k3_source.zip file for log and Temp folder content.
PS Forgot to mention: when manually installing Windows 2000 I've added support for Russian and Chinese Simplified writing (default language for the system is still English).
Both disk (XP and W2k3) were used for successfull builds on XP SP2 English host with the same set of files.