List of supported Boot-methodes for PE projects
Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:09 PM
Maybe it is also useful for somebody else.
- PE plain on CD - Create ISO script
- PE ramboot ISO-Image on CD - only still used by me, i think
- PE ramboot HDD-Image on CD - Boot SDI script(LiveXP, NaughtyPE), Boot from RAM script(nativeEx)
- PE ramboot WIM-Image on CD - WimBoot script(LiveXP), All Vista, Win7 based projects
- PE plain on USB-Stick - create USB stick script(nativeEx)
- PE plain ISO-Image on USB-Stick - non scripted
- PE ramboot ISO-Image on USB-Stick
- PE ramboot HDD-Image on USB-Stick - non scripted
- PE ramboot HDD-Image in ISO on USB-Stick - non scripted
- PE ramboot WIM-Image on USB-Stick - VistaPE Leopard, other?
- PE ramboot WIM-Image in ISO on USB-Stick - non scripted
And then the whole shebang over PXE, i guess. But this is not supported in any project, as far as i know.
Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:21 PM
I use a variation where the createiso image is copied over to a partition (hdd/usb) and booted to ram, if ram available, thus:
title LiveXP-load into memory if available map (hd0) (hd20) map --hook map --mem (hd20,8)+819252 (hd0,0) || map (hd20) (hd0) map --hook find --set-root /LIVEXP.TAG chainloader /NTLDR
Hope this helps.
Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:32 PM
You create a PE plain ISO. Copy the the iso to a HDD and then load the HDD(partition) into RAM.
Then you ...
Here i completely loose you.
Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:23 AM
Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:01 PM
If you have the PE in an ISO, why would you need to change i386 folder to minint?
Can you possibly tell in more detail what exactly you do?
Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:55 PM
Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:44 PM
So you have a clever hybrid PE, which switches automaticly between:
- PE in a HDD image on a USB-Stick
- PE ramboot HDD-Image on USB-Stick
depending on the available RAM.
Very clever! Sounds like something that deserves to get integrated into a PE.
Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:51 AM
Thanks for the comment. This works with both logical and primary partitions. But the partition size needs to be 'hardcoded' - would be better to determine dynamically.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users