Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

regarding this thread:
http://www.boot-land...iew=getlastpost

because you closed the thread and you (as a moderator and/or project admin) wants me to post here ...

a.) please write my name correctly
b.) you stated me to turn the thread in a personal affair
- you are the one that grumbled but not gave any hints/tips/advices
- you are the person that draw a wrong conclusion. I know where to place threads ... a win7pe se thread in the win7pe section, a livexp thread in the livexp section. If you want more information (as you stated in the last post) ask ... but you only grumbled
- because you draw the wrong conclusion it was me that turned the thread in a personal affair? Respect!
If you do not want such a discussion in the thread, ok, I said what I wanted to say, but to close the thread?
Galapo only stated that it could be a problem with my source ... there was no statement that this is really the only one possible solution for tzhe behaviour of the script (because with my source and my modification the script works). You said nothing about the script but directly closed the topic? What if my source is a valid german source and the script must be corrected for my source (perhaps only by me for my special case?) You argue very good indeed ... you say I'm wrong and good is ...

You can (as mod or project admin) say that any further discussion off topic in the thread has to be take place in an other subforum (or seperating relevant stuff from off topic) but closing and stating my to turn it into a personal affair is really not good moderation work and is your personal opinion and should not be part of a mod comment
Good to know that you close a thread that is not really solved (only in case of the script and my source)

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:37 PM

a.) please write my name correctly

accept my apology for that. If you can point where written wrong I would love to fix.

about subject:

german source

german source also contains \i386\WAVIFILE.DL_ file at source. However for now LiveXPx64 is only tested with 2k3/xp-x64sp2enu sources, to protect end users from wrongs builds I will take precaution.

For the rest (shortly): you (or any other) are welcomed to support, as far as not changing events to personal affairs. You seem to be too eager for that. Take your advices for yourself.

edit: fix

#3 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

Not at all my business, mind you :ranting2:, but Rule #8 has not been removed AFAIK.
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=9101

8. Has the thread you started or participated in been moved, closed or deleted? :ranting2: Check with the forum moderator via PM. Please do not start new threads asking why other threads were moderated. Forum moderation is not up for public debate, such threads will be deleted and the thread starter warned. The Admin/Mods of this board reserve the right to edit, delete or move posts made on this site.

:ranting2:
Wonko

#4 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

accept my apology for that. If you can point where written wrong I would love to fix.

http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=98594
in your Service Note ...

about subject: german source also contains \i386\WAVIFILE.DL_ file at source.

not mine as I posted ...

#5 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:46 PM

Not at all my business, mind you :ranting2:, but Rule #8 has not been removed AFAIK.

I would have accepted that the thread is closed if Lancelot only had written "Close due to Off Topic" but not the way in his Service Note and the way he answered and then simply closed it
A simple hint that off topic is removed (without the comment) would have been better because as I stated the problem is not solved for me because my sours seems to be different from the sources Galapo and Lancelot uses

#6 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

@jaclaz
From my perspective: topics is not warez etc. but seems overreacting of patsch due to personal relations but not LiveXP. Hence I pointed patsch to community forum.

@patsch

in your Service Note ...

Again sorry for that, now fixed.

not mine as I posted ...

There are too many modified sources around. On LiveXP maintaince we lost lots of valuable time figuring out source is not valid billy source. It will be no surprise yours is one of them, hence both Galapo's and my comments (post2-4 of relevant topic) about this subject is right. We can not change project for unvalid sources. But we react a bit more flexible than other PE1 project for such sources.

#7 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

It will be no surprise yours is one of them

but this is a surprise because this is a source from the computer center of my university (and they say they have it from MSDNAA) as a support member told me by mail

btw there is no comment concerning the source in your post (post no 4) ... there you stated that there is no bug ... good comment without any reason why this is not a bug. And also to use LiveXP (that i used)

#8 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

but this is a surprise because this is a source from the computer center of my university (and they say they have it from MSDNAA) as a support member told me by mail

yep, I read similar things (university-msdnaa-told me) before.

I checked all my sources
2k3 x64 SP2 English_Standart
2k3 x64 SP2 English
2k3 x64 SP2 Spanish
2k3 x64 SP2 German
2k3 x64 SP2 French
2k3 x64 SP2 Chinese Simplified
2k3 x64 SP2 Chinese Traditional
2k3 x64 SP2 Korean
2k3 x64 SP2 Italian
2k3 x64 SP2 Portuguese Brazilian
2k3 x64 SP2 Russian
2k3 x64 SP2 Japanese
XP x64 SP2 English
XP x64 SP0 English

same file same place , i386\wavifile.dl_

however, even we do not support or test multilanguage x64 sources for now (since not testing, a warning will be added, As far as i remember there were other differences between english and none-english sources but currently LiveXPx64 is at evolving stage), I will try to find more XP x64 language sources to check.

#9 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

@both patsch and Lancelot

Well :ranting2:, then we can remove Rule #8 allright.

I know the sense of it, as I wrote it at the time :ranting2:, the sense is was:

You DO NOT comment publicly moderation of the board.

Not very difficult to understand :ranting2:, NOT up to interpretation, from BOTH members and Mods/Admins.

Wonko

#10 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:33 PM

@jaclaz,

Even if explained reason at post #6 happens again, next time i will not :ranting2: :ranting2:

#11 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:00 PM

@both patsch and Lancelot

Well :ranting2:, then we can remove Rule #8 allright.

I know the sense of it, as I wrote it at the time :ranting2:, the sense is was:

Not very difficult to understand :ranting2:, NOT up to interpretation, from BOTH members and Mods/Admins.

Wonko

Rule 8 is really a bad idea, if one of the two parties in a fight, is the mod.

How would you like it, if in the last post of a thread, before closing, i would call you a thief?
Acording to rule 8. You're not allowed to state publicly, that this is a lie. But you can write it to me, privately, if you like! :cheers:

#12 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

IMHO here the real issue is:

Lancelot is not a real usable mod, he historically based has the rights of a mod (declared by Galapo as his assistant long time ago).
Someone who cannot distinguish between personal emotions and forum-based technical based behaviour, is unsuitable as mod.

I made a similar experience like patsch, when I posted an issue in the LiveXP forum, which included the line:

With WB 081 as well as with WB 080-3 the build aborts with

I now know, that I missed to click a button in a script. But instead of trying to help to solve my mistake, the topic has been sent by mod Lancelot to "Bugs found in beta versions of WinBuilder.exe" with some 'suited' comment.
WHY?
When it also appeared in the 'established' WB version?
And therfore has really been a question to the LiveXP topic?

Can somebody explain that with other words than "mod is unsuitable"?

Peter

#13 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

as written on relevant topic,
you provided wrong info, insisted on it, and misleading us to wrong direction, causing time lost.
After Nuno moved topic to LiveXP section, Galapo also asked topic to be moved to winbuilder beta section, but instead I decide to close giving info at post 1 for all users, and informed Galapo.

There is no personal actions on my decisions. I do not write agressive personal posts, annoying posts, changing a project manually providing wrong infos to their admins causing lost of time or post games on any topic. But some others sadly do giving foolish names to others on different topics, accusing how bad project livexp is being complex, advertising his/her projects on livexp section !...... and so on.

But so far, LiveXP users are happy with LiveXP. We get less and less issue reports through years showing our perspective of evolution and moderation on project and livexp section is right.

I am not sorry for commenting bravely on winbuilder development or users behaving badly. I never used admin powers to crush or split users topics into pieces or respond with unrelevant answers. If not doing these shows I act personal, well done.

#14 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:32 PM

Not to start a war, but i have to correct your selfpicture a bit, before you completely leave reality.

- I do not write agressive personal posts, annoying posts,

Let me asure you, you do. Especialy lately you snap at everyone.

- But some others sadly do giving foolish names to others

No not just others, you as well, sorry.

- I am not sorry for commenting bravely on winbuilder development or users behaving badly.

'bravely' must be clearly a typo. I think, you've maybe meant arrogant or obnoxious or insulting, but at least offensive.

I don't know what's going on in your life, but you used to be swell guy.
Would be really terrific, if we could have him back.

:cheers: :ranting2:

#15 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:curiosity

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:40 AM

Not to start a war, but i have to correct your selfpicture a bit, before you completely leave reality.

Let me asure you, you do. Especialy lately you snap at everyone.

I don't know what's going on in your life, but you used to be swell guy.
Would be really terrific, if we could have him back.

:cheers: :cheers:

Maybe nothing changed in his life, but the frequent challenges of Peter may broke his nerves. :ranting2: Go ahead, don't let Lancelot insist on his view. Bad bad Lancelot :ranting2:

#16 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:30 AM

Very good :ranting2:

You all just managed to demonstrate the reason why Rule #8 was there:
  • to avoid that every single action of a Mod/Admin has to be put under trial publicly.

Acording to rule 8. You're not allowed to state publicly, that this is a lie. But you can write it to me, privately, if you like! :ranting2:

Sorry, but you are failing to understand the overall idea, Rule #8 doesn't didn't prohibit you to state publicly that something written by a Mod/Admin is a lie (within the limits of Rule #7), it prohibits you to comment on a the actions that an Admin/Mod took in his role of Mod/Admin, which is diffferent.

The general idea is was to prevent people like you, that do love to find every which way to :cheers: other members from having the grounds to make your otherwise gratuitious comments.

In all Communities some fights are inevitable, but the general idea for other people NOT actually involved in the fight should be that of:
  • stay clear of it and let the two fighters solve their problems privately
    OR:
  • try making the two fighters understand the (usually) utter futility of the reason that started the fight

The whole idea of a Community is that of a group of friends, and among such a number of friends it is obviously very probable that some tension may arise between two elements, the other friends should let the thing cool down or try to help in making it cool down, as opposed to contribute to ignite the combustion, by taking sides or commenting on the actions of one of the two people involved.

:cheers:
Wonko

#17 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:05 AM

I now know, that I missed to click a button in a script. But instead of trying to help to solve my mistake, the topic has been sent by mod Lancelot to "Bugs found in beta versions of WinBuilder.exe" with some 'suited' comment.
WHY?
When it also appeared in the 'established' WB version?
And therfore has really been a question to the LiveXP topic?

Hi Peter,

All we did was try to help in that topic. You posted which versions you had an error occuring with. I tested with 080 (since I didn't have access to your alpha). There was no error. Then you insisted that there must still be a problem with the project, that you were testing with an untouched and recently downloaded LiveXP recommended. I repeated my test and confirmed there was no issue. To me, the problem then pointed to your end. Since I was taking you at your word that you were testing the same as me with an untouched LiveXP recommended, I could only conclude the the issue must be with downloading with the alpha version and it changing the script level. How was I to know that you'd actually downloaded a number of days before and that it wasn't being tested as per default settings and that script levels had been changed?

Seriously, going by the information you were supplying at the time, what else were we to conclude?

Regards,
Galapo.

#18 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:15 AM

Hi Peter,

All we did was try to help in that topic. You posted which versions you had an error occuring with. I tested with 080 (since I didn't have access to your alpha). There was no error. Then you insisted that there must still be a problem with the project, that you were testing with an untouched and recently downloaded LiveXP recommended. I repeated my test and confirmed there was no issue. To me, the problem then pointed to your end. Since I was taking you at your word that you were testing the same as me with an untouched LiveXP recommended, I could only conclude the the issue must be with downloading with the alpha version and it changing the script level. How was I to know that you'd actually downloaded a number of days before and that it wasn't being tested as per default settings and that script levels had been changed?

Seriously, going by the information you were supplying at the time, what else were we to conclude?

Regards,
Galapo.

Seriously, let's not discuss about that.
Two 'bad circumstances' came together:
Maybe something went wrong with the download, or I missed to 'activate' or 'deactivate' RegFactory.
You and Lancelot did not respect, that the result there was also with 080.

Peter :cheers:

#19 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:17 AM

And it all seems a bit of déjà vu to me. Jaclaz was somehow made out to be a badboy by some and felt he couldn't continue as mod. Now Lancelot is being made out to be the badboy by some. So you want Lancelot to step down? Well, what will that achieve? Let's just grow up a little.

Regards,
Galapo.

#20 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

So you want Lancelot to step down? Well, what will that achieve? Let's just grow up a little.

Yes and no!

Someone who cannot distinguish between personal emotions and forum-based technical based behaviour, is unsuitable as mod.

I think that it is possible to distinguish and hide the personal emotions from the forum.
If he does, I'll do also.

Peter

#21 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:24 AM

You and Lancelot did not respect, that the result there was also with 080.

Peter, seriously, I did respect that. That's why I tested a number of times with that version. If I didn't respect that I could have just done tests with 077 or something. But I did tests with 080. I redownloaded the project. I retested again a number of times with 080. About an hour's worth of tests. Please don't day that I didn't respect your report because otherwise I would just have ignored the topic, not tested, not downloaded again, and retested and retested. Based upon my tests with 080 and the information you had supplied, the only logical conclusion I could come to for the error was with the alpha version you were testing with had somehow corrupted something. That conclusion wasn't based on not respecting your report about 080, but upon my own hour's worth of testing with 080.

Regards,
Galapo.

#22 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

If he does, I'll do also.

Interesting approach. :ranting2:

And what if he doesn't? :cheers:

Being childish at your age would not be justified by you thinking that an other member is behaving childish ( or by the actual fact that any other member is behaving so - it doesn't make a difference).

Why doesn't everyone try to §@ç#ing stop looking for reasons to behave one way or the other, finally bury all hatchets:
http://www.straightd...ury-the-hatchet
and comply with the most meaningful Rule, #12:

12. SMILE! :cheers: Life is tough, we all know that, when you enter this board, it will be appreciated that you leave your personal problems behind, asking and replyinq questions or however exchanging informations with a "positive" attitude, TAKE IT EASY :ranting2: and enjoy your stay here.

?

:cheers:
Wonko

#23 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:34 AM

Peter, seriously, I did respect that. That's why I tested a number of times with that version. If I didn't respect that I could have just done tests with 077 or something. But I did tests with 080. I redownloaded the project. I retested again a number of times with 080. About an hour's worth of tests. Please don't day that I didn't respect your report because otherwise I would just have ignored the topic, not tested, not downloaded again, and retested and retested. Based upon my tests with 080 and the information you had supplied, the only logical conclusion I could come to for the error was with the alpha version you were testing with had somehow corrupted something. That conclusion wasn't based on not respecting your report about 080, but upon my own hour's worth of testing with 080.

Regards,
Galapo.

As told, I made something wrong with processing the build.
What I critisize here, is the procedere.
If you look into "debug sessions" I made with other members:
I allways try to find out "What is different between yours and mine system".
When I get the failure also with wb 80, what did not fail on your system, the reason can really not be, that a (in this case unused) development version is additionally on my system.
IMO the 'move' has not been due to a technical reason, but only to 'I show you who is the boss here'.
And that's what I critisize, in my case as well as in patsch's case.

Peter

#24 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

And what if he doesn't? :cheers:

Being childish at your age would not be justified by you thinking that an other member is behaving childish ( or by the actual fact that any other member is behaving so - it doesn't make a difference).

I think it is not childish, just to ignore somebody completelly, in order not to become angry when reading the agressions against me.
I do allow nobody to control my emotions.

Peter

#25 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

I think it is not childish, just to ignore somebody completelly, in order not to become angry when reading the agressions against me.

Well, NO.
If you ignore somebody completely (a debatable, but perfectly free choice :cheers: ) you don't post about the way he behaves, you ignore it, and you do it completely. :ranting2:

I do allow nobody to control my emotions.

Too bad. :cheers:
I hoped I could try to get both of you out of the current "denial mode":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial
in your current never-ending fight I had the opportunity to see signs of all the various types, exception made for "Denial of awareness", of course. :cheers:

Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users