#1 Chola

Chola

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Norway

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

Hi!

I am trying to create a bootale rescue cd with good security tools (AV tools, malware remowal, root kit removals, orther repair tools)

I tried fellowing softwares:
UBCD4win
Hirens
PE builder
SARDU

My problem are:

• Some tools works properly in UBCD4, but most of the plugins give a error msg when I try to update them. See attached file "Error msg.rtf"
  • In PE builder, I can make a boot cd. But unable to update the files both before making boot cd and after I boot with the CD.
  • In SARDU, I am unable to update both before making boot cd and after I boot with the CD.
  • I tried also to make a bootale cd from Kasparsky rescue CD. I was able to boot with that, but not able to update.

Is it possible to add my commercial vertion of Malwarebytes to the CD I am trying to build.

Can anybody help me to build my rescue cd?

Thank you in advance.

Sanjayan

Attached Files

#2 Oddy

Oddy

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

We need some more information regarding not being able to update your boot cd.
What is the problem or what error do you get?

Regards

Oddy

#3 Chola

Chola

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Norway

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:52 PM

We need some more information regarding not being able to update your boot cd.
What is the problem or what error do you get?

Regards

Oddy

Pls see attached error msg file (previous post) for the error meg. Most of the plugins get this error.

I am unable to see any kind of "network configuration" tools when I boot with UBCD.

Kaspersky rescue disk was feild to connect to internet (kav_rescue_2008.iso CD)

#4 Oddy

Oddy

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

1) Yes, I saw your error, and this could have something to do with the plugin .inf file not configured properly or pointing to a wrong location(with a missing program file maybe?)

2) Could you post your pc specs, especially your type of network card? Why are you unable to update the files previous to making the boot cd?

3) If you can, try to make a USB with some antivirus programs on through Sardu. Then try to update your definitions whilst booting from the USB.

And report back here please, thanks.

Oddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users