Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:21 AM

Hi,

I am trying WimPack for the first time.
Everything builds OK, but the Program Files folder in B:\ of the booted image does not contain any files or folders that were added by WinBuilder during the build process. I have added RegShot to the build and it is in the correct place in the Target folder but it fails to be added to the ProgramFiles.wim

Any help appreciated.
Log file attached.
niche99

Attached Files

#2 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:33 AM

Don't know what you're doing wrong. I tried building with WimPack + WimBoot as you have done and I got a working RegShot.

I wonder if it's that old problem of WimPack building under Vista? Try same settings under XP and report success or otherwise.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#3 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:45 PM

I am running Windows 7 x64. I will try on a XP Virtual Machine and get back to you.
I noticed there were around 17 warnings in the error log, would these be affecting the build?

Regards,
niche99

#4 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:24 PM

I noticed there were around 17 warnings in the error log, would these be affecting the build?

Maybe, maybe not. I can't say without knowing what they are. The log above doesn't have any warnings.

Regards,
Galapo.

#5 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

I transplanted the existing Project into an XP Virtual Machine and built the ISO again using same settings. The result is the same, B:\Program Files only contains Uninstall Information folder no other folders are copied.

Meanwhile back in Windows 7 x64.....
Now getting errors that ImDisk.exe doesn't exist when I have verified it does and is capable of mount images manually.
I guess I'll do a fresh setup and download from a clean WinBuilder Folder and see what happens.

Regards,
niche99

#6 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:43 PM

I created a new folder for Winbuilder and performed a clean install and download. The folder I chose has a shorter path. This works, WimPack now packs correctly. I am wondering if path length is a factor in a successful build using WimPack.

Regards,
niche99

#7 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:27 AM

Yes, I think the path length does matter, see here: http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=81251

Regards,
Galapo.

#8 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:47 AM

Hi niche99,

boot-land attachement malfunction these days, as a result I can not get your log at post #1.
I tested your script selection arrangement by using loooong paths with small numbered of selected scripts....

Here is a mini test package,
http://lancelot.winb...201004210328.7z
extract to the failed place you previously reported,
put required files of wimpack to ...\Workbench\Common\Wimpack\
and as usual big blue ;)

If failure, please provide log file using www.2shared.com :ranting2:

#9 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

Hi,

I've downloaded your test package and will test at the weekend.

Regards,
niche99

#10 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:34 PM

Hi,

I tested your WimPack test package.

WinBuilder builds and QEmu boots the resultant image. Program Files is populated as expected.
There were however errors, that I think are related to registry and folder redirection problems.

[Failed]  (RegFactory.Script) Retrieve - Failed to retrieve the file version from: [C:\Windows\system32\imdisk.exe] - File does not exist:

[Failed]  (RegFactory.Script) RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SOFTWARE\InnoTek\VirtualBox] Key: [InstallDir] to variable:: [%vmdir%]

[Failed]  (RegFactory.Script) RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SOFTWARE\Sun\xVM VirtualBox] Key: [InstallDir] to variable:: [%vmdir%]

[Failed]  (RegFactory.Script) RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SOFTWARE\Sun\xVM VirtualBox] Key: [InstallDir] to variable:: [%vmdir%]

[Failed]  (RegFactory.Script) RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SOFTWARE\Sun\VirtualBox] Key: [InstallDir] to variable:: [%vmdir%]

[Failed]  (RegFactory.Script) RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SOFTWARE\InnoTek\VirtualBox] Key: [InstallDir] to variable:: [%vmdir%]

[Failed]  (RegFactory.Script) RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SOFTWARE\Sun\VirtualBox] Key: [InstallDir] to variable:: [%vmdir%]

[Failed]  (CopyAndExpand.Script) Expand - Failed to copy [D:\!Taisoft!\Rescue\XP2003\I386\sp2.cab] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\LiveXP\I386\System32\drivers\]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (CopyAndExpand.Script) Expand - Failed to copy [D:\!Taisoft!\Rescue\XP2003\I386\sp2.cab] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\LiveXP\I386\System32\drivers\]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Imdisk_Installer.script) Retrieve - Failed to retrieve the file version from: [C:\Windows\system32\imdisk.exe] - File does not exist:

12 errors occured!

These errors are non errors, as I run Windows 7 (x64) and these files/locations exist.
[C:\Windows\system32\imdisk.exe] - File does exist:
[C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imdisk.exe] - File does not exist:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sun\VirtualBox\InstallDir does exist:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sun\VirtualBox\InstallDir does not exist:
The sp2 cab error I assume is related to using 2003 as a source and not XP.

You can find the full log here.
Out of Box Log File

Regards,
niche99

#11 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

Hi niche99,

About wimpack issue:
Good to hear things working nice there. However there is really something** unidentified yet that happens time to time. Since you initiate this topic I again tried to chase this event. So far I can say it is not related to path name or lenght (unless you use a 4096 lenght path :ranting2: ) , still making some tests to reproduce :ranting2:

above log warnings/errors come from winbuilder debug log:

On winbuilder-->tools-->options ==> there is debug log checkbox which you seem to enable manually.
If you disable this checkbox these warnings/errors will not appear.
They are not real warnings or errors. :ranting2:

#12 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

Hi Lancelot,

No problems, I can help out testing stuff if that helps.
I'll switch of debug logging unles requested by others in a test situation.

Thanks for your help,
niche99

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users