Photo
- - - - -

[Solved!] Help me pls get rid off these 2 popups at boot time.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 rocketero

rocketero

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 155 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:45 AM

I have been trying to build a Spanish Language version of LiveXP but for some reason I get these 2 pop-ups and I have not idea what to do to disabled them.

Posted Image

Basically the 2 windows say the same: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

after accepting the popups the other ´"earlierstarter" steps finished fine and the desktop shows up.

Would be great If I could avoid these popups. thanks for any help.

#2 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

Do the files fbwfcache.cmd and hiderun.exe exist under %windir%\system32 ?

Thanks,
Galapo.

#3 rocketero

rocketero

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 155 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:17 AM

Do the files fbwfcache.cmd and hiderun.exe exist under %windir%\system32 ?

Thanks,
Galapo.

Yes both are in \system32 folder

#4 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:43 AM

Ok, I want you to do a test for me. Disable the EarlyStarter script ( under Basic\Shells\Addons ). Then build the project again. Do the error messages appear still?

Thanks,
Galapo.

#5 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:48 AM

Hi rocketero,

Here build worked fine http://lancelot.winb...00406064458.jpg
can you provide a log file with making a basic build by selecting project scripts
(ps: hit clean temporary files first :whistling:)
giving example: http://lancelot.winb..._selections.png

:blowup:

@Galapo

Time to time something* triggers .cmd association malfunction which I could not find the main reason yet (I hope rocketero provide a reproducable log :dubbio:). My memory tells me it is an old event that happens time to time but what is the reason.... Do you have an idea?

#6 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:56 AM

Do you have an idea?

No ideas are coming to me yet.

I wanted rocketero to deselect EarlyStarter script to see if we could either rule it out or rule it in as the cause. Your test shows it working, but I wonder what happens for rocketero?

Regards,
Galapo.

#7 rocketero

rocketero

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 155 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:40 AM

Ok, I want you to do a test for me. Disable the EarlyStarter script ( under Basic\Shells\Addons ). Then build the project again. Do the error messages appear still?

Thanks,
Galapo.

after disabling the EarlyStarter script and building the same basic livexp without any apps, I now get the following popups:

RamDisk.cmd
Hiderun
Hiderun.exe
Hiderun
Hiderun
Hideren
Hiderun (many Hiderun windows)
X:\I386\System32\hiderun.exe

The message in the window is the same as initially stated.

There is not icons on the desktop and the mouse turns intermitently an arrow and an hourglass.

Just the background wallpaper I selected is visible on whole desktop.

#8 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:46 AM

So issue does not pertain to EarlyStarter, but something else in your build. PLease now follow Lancelot's advice.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#9 rocketero

rocketero

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 155 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:55 AM

Hi rocketero,

Here build worked fine http://lancelot.winb...00406064458.jpg
can you provide a log file with making a basic build by selecting project scripts
(ps: hit clean temporary files first :blowup:)
giving example: http://lancelot.winb..._selections.png

:blowup:

@Galapo

Time to time something* triggers .cmd association malfunction which I could not find the main reason yet (I hope rocketero provide a reproducable log :whistling:). My memory tells me it is an old event that happens time to time but what is the reason.... Do you have an idea?

Before I build this next basic livexp I deleted %basedir%\temp\livexp folder, and %basedir%\target\livexp folder.

I did a cleanup of the C: drive Temp user folder and used a second windows xp sp3 ISO file just in case the first one had anything to do with this issue.

After the build, I get the same 2 popups and in order to get rid off them I have to click first the one with the title FBWLCACHE.CMD and the Hiderun second because if I reverse the order the Hiderun keeps pupping up over and over.

after that I get a desktop with icons as you have in the above link, and I did include networking for vmware (penetwork) and I can access other LAN computers fine.

Here is the Log file.
As a note, I already built a successful livexp with xp sp3 English and the scripts are basically the same except that the source now is xp sp3 Spanish and the English version don´t get any popups.

Posted Image

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.7z   82.41KB   263 downloads

#10 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:41 AM

Hi rocketero,

Sorry for not clear instruction
to clean up, use "Clean Temporary Files" button on main screen.
http://lancelot.winb...00406122324.jpg
(your log shows you did not use that ..... ) No need to make other cleans, button is there to ease this task :blowup:

Please send
Copy and Expand (\Projects\LiveXP\Basic\Build\5 - CopyAndExpand.Script)
Display Properties (\Projects\LiveXP\Components\Tweaks\DisplayProperties.Script)
you have :whistling:

Is there a reason you using wb078sp6 ???? (for you, I tested also here 078sp6 - source spanish with success).

Now please follow:
  • hit "clean temporary files" button, and make your previous build again.
  • if success i guess we can make an improvment for overall fix
  • if unsuccess than please send your \Projects\Tools\LiveXP\ folder (pack (.7z) and http://www.2shared.com or whatever you like)
  • for all cases please send your "Display Properties & Copy and Expand" scripts :ph34r:

See you :blowup:

edit: also send your script.project file , I would like to repeat LiveXP_Español thingies and support for some things I notice.

#11 rocketero

rocketero

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 155 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:42 PM

Hi rocketero,

Sorry for not clear instruction
to clean up, use "Clean Temporary Files" button on main screen.
http://lancelot.winb...00406122324.jpg
(your log shows you did not use that ..... ) No need to make other cleans, button is there to ease this task :blowup:

Please send
Copy and Expand (\Projects\LiveXP\Basic\Build\5 - CopyAndExpand.Script)
Display Properties (\Projects\LiveXP\Components\Tweaks\DisplayProperties.Script)
you have :whistling:

Is there a reason you using wb078sp6 ???? (for you, I tested also here 078sp6 - source spanish with success).

Now please follow:

• hit "clean temporary files" button, and make your previous build again.
  • if success i guess we can make an improvment for overall fix
  • if unsuccess than please send your \Projects\Tools\LiveXP\ folder (pack (.7z) and http://www.2shared.com or whatever you like)
  • for all cases please send your "Display Properties & Copy and Expand" scripts :ph34r:

See you :blowup:

edit: also send your script.project file , I would like to repeat LiveXP_Español thingies and support for some things I notice.

thanks for noticing my winbuilder version, somehow I overwrote without noticing it.
Now I replaced it with the v.080 and after doing the "clear temporary files" button I run 3 times the build but every-time I´m getting a halt in HojoPE hives factory.

here is the log file. I don´t know what could be the problem with this script.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log1.zip   145.51KB   424 downloads

#12 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

with you providing only infos that you like but NOT fully follow instructions by NOT providing all infos asked :whistling: , and me not having Nostradamus genes :blowup: , I can not help or support or figure out what is going on with your + undecent source + modified project scripts. (which I did want to before)

So there only 1 advice left IF you follow
make a test with LiveXP (not LiveXPish you are working on)

http://lancelot.winb...4061605_mini.7z

which works fine here with Spanish source
Posted Image

#13 rocketero

rocketero

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 155 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

Seems like LiveXP project likes XP SP3 English but not XP SP3 Spanish.

I've finally got hand on a copy of XP SP2 and could build the basic LiveXP project (35 scripts total).

So I have partially find the problem, I will see if adding the total scripts will still holds.

I had build a whole project before with XP SP3 English as a source with not problems so I don´t know what was the issue by using XP SP3 Spanish as source.

UPDATE
I have another different copy of XP SP3 SPANISH version and could also build a basic LiveXP without popups so my initial assumption was wrong and the culprit was the other 2 versions of SP3 I initially have. So Now I'll build the whole project and hopefully all works fine.

LAST UPDATE: 03/07/2010
Successful build of LiveXP with XP SP3 Spanish Version.
It was hard because the first 2 versions of XP SP3 somehow were the culprit and persevering I got a third version of XP SP3 and this one was the solution as after the whole build there was not popups and all is working great.

I thank Lancelot and Galapo for their patience and great support, indeed the mini build that Lancelot posted was a clue as I got popups with it and he did not so I concluded that it had to do with the source CD.

Long live Winbuilder!

#14 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

I thank Lancelot and Galapo for their patience and great support, indeed the mini build that Lancelot posted was a clue as I got popups with it and he did not so I concluded that it had to do with the source CD.

Yep, we were alerted to this by the warnings in your log that you were using an nLited source. nLited sources are known to cause problems.

Glad to hear that you finally had success!

Regards,
Galapo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users