In my previous post I had posted about Kaspersky Rescue Disk.It can scan and remove viruses without booting into windows.The main disadvantage of Kaspersky Rescue Disk is that it has not been updated for a long time.(According to http://devbuilds.kas...lds/RescueDisk/ it was last updated on 23 Jun 2009 10:05:01)
The virus definitions in this rescue disk are out of date.Even thought the rescue disk has an option to update the virus definitions from the internet, it is not very useful as the updates are not saved.You have to download all the updates each and every time you use the rescue disk.
So I have made a simple Batch File which solves this problem.
Kaspersky Rescue Disk Updater is a Windows Command Script or a batch file which uses KLUpdater to update the virus definitions of the Rescue Disk ISO.
Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk Updater TEN
This updates the RescueDisk10 kav_rescue_10.iso
Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk Updaterv1.3
Changelog:v1.3 Fixed obsolete Databse error.The new Filename is now kav_rescue_2010.iso
Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk Updaterv1.2
Change-log:v1.2 Downloads only the I386 bases files.The earlier versions wasted a lot of time downloading x64 bases files.
Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk Updaterv1.1.
Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk Updaterv1.0.
- Extract the downloaded zip file (kasresupd1.3.zip)
- Copy kav_rescue_2008.iso into the kasresupdÂ folder.If you want to update the kav_rescue_2009.iso or kav_rescue_2010.iso created previously using this tool ,then rename it to kav_rescue_2008.iso .The folder should look like this.
- Double Click on diskupdt and it will update the virus definitions of the rescue disk.
- The updated Rescue Disk will be created as kav_rescue_2010.iso.Burn this iso to a CD.
- After booting the Updated Rescue Disk you can see that the in built Updater has very few updates to download.
View the full article