#1 Michael Pietroforte

Michael Pietroforte

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 660 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

Most news sites reported yesterday that Microsoft announced Windows 7 SP1 (and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1). I didn’t see such an announcement. All I found was a post in Microsoft’s blog titled Talking About Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Well “talking” can hardly count as an announcement. Microsoft neither mentioned a release date nor really told us what new features Windows 7 SP1 will have. There will be an updated RDP client that supports RemoteFX, but I suppose this client will also be available for Vista (and perhaps for XP?).

So what is this talk all about? I attended a Microsoft online meeting for a discussion on SP1 for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2, which was a little more revealing. It is interesting to note that no NDA (Non-disclosure Agreement) was required as is usually the case when MVPs are invited to such meetings. Obviously, Microsoft wanted IT pros to spread the message. So what was the message? About half of the meeting was used for repeating the central part of this “announcement”: Don’t wait for SP1! Deploy Windows 7 now!

… [visit site to read more]

Related
<ul class="st-related-posts">

[*]Seven reasons why you need BitLocker hard drive encryption for your whole organization (4)

[*]Poll: Will you wait for SP1 before you deploy Windows 7? (2)

[*]Windows 7 deployment resources (3)

[*]Microsoft’s free Windows 7 deployment tools – Part 3: Installation (6)

[*]Microsoft’s free Windows 7 deployment tools – Part 2: Image preparation (4)
[/list]
Copyright &copy; 2006-2010, 4sysops, Digital fingerprint: 3db371642e7c3f4fe3ee9d5cf7666eb0

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users