#1 rocketero

rocketero

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 155 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

First I have to give Joshua, Nightman, Midevil my regards for this script.
As this script is build on a portable app, updating it is easy as changing the old files for new ones.
This is how I updated it to the today's opera version 10.51:

1. go and download the latest portable opera at opera-usb.com

2. un-compress the file to a folder

3. For this step you need to have 7zip installed. Select all the uncompressed files and folders and 7zipp'em into a file called opera.zip

4. Go to the Winbuilder and locate the opera script and proceed to edit it. on the attachments tab delete the opera.zip file and then add the opera.zip in the location you created on step 3

5. in the script change the following line (the new portable opera don't use opera-usb.exe but just opera.exe):

%ProgramEXE%=Opera-USB.exe
to
%ProgramEXE%=Opera.exe

6. save the script and you're done.

After building the livexp/win7/win7rescue you are good to go and avoid the pop-up that tells you opera is outdated.

Any adjustments are welcome.

I could not attach the script I have here as the size of the file is too big for this forum (it's 8.5MB 7zipped). so I uploaded it to 2shared.com Opera v.10.51 http://jump.fm/SXSFG

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

First I have to give Joshua, Nightman, Midevil my regards for this script.
As this script is build on a portable app, updating it is easy as changing the old files for new ones.
This is how I updated it to the today's opera version 10.51:

1. go and download the latest portable opera at opera-usb.com

2. un-compress the file to a folder

3. For this step you need to have 7zip installed. Select all the uncompressed files and folders and 7zipp'em into a file called opera.zip

4. Go to the Winbuilder and locate the opera script and proceed to edit it. on the attachments tab delete the opera.zip file and then add the opera.zip in the location you created on step 3

5. in the script change the following line (the new portable opera don't use opera-usb.exe but just opera.exe):

%ProgramEXE%=Opera-USB.exe
to
%ProgramEXE%=Opera.exe

6. save the script and you're done.

After building the livexp/win7/win7rescue you are good to go and avoid the pop-up that tells you opera is outdated.

Any adjustments are welcome.

I could not attach the script I have here as the size of the file is too big for this forum. so I uploaded it to 2shared.com Opera v.10.51 http://jump.fm/SXSFG

That's a good description. ;)
On the other hand, as you already saw, to include the app in a downloadable syript, needs a lot of space and download time.

My suggestion:

Write an UpdateOpera.Script, which does all the stuff you described.

That would be a big step to make downloads faster.

Peter

#3 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

On the other hand, as you already saw, to include the app in a downloadable syript, needs a lot of space and download time.

My suggestion:

Write an UpdateOpera.Script, which does all the stuff you described.

That would be a big step to make downloads faster.

How would the download go faster if Opera is not included in the script, but get downloaded seperately?
Not speaking of the problems with changing names and so on.

;)

#4 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

How would the download go faster if Opera is not included in the script, but get downloaded seperately?
Not speaking of the problems with changing names and so on.

;)

Did you ever download a "???" recommanded, e.g. LiveXP or WinRescuePE, and wait for half an hour until all the scripts with megabytes of attachements arrived on your PC?
I would prefer to download these scripts containing a link, and then download the "megabytes" if I want to use them.

Peter

#5 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:10 PM

I personly don't sit in front of WB while it downloads, just as i don't watch a DL manager doing it's job.
If however build time get's extended by half an hour, i would be just as royaly #§$%& as when i get a 'Download can not be found. Wb exits now'.

;)

#6 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

You can always use this script:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users