3 replies to this topic

#1 Gonzalongo

Gonzalongo
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:56 PM

Hi everybody and thanks for this magnificent site.

I am trying to boot a vista winpe image over the network.
I have successfully created bootable cdrom and usb pendrives with a working image using what I believe is winpe 2.0 image.
I have generated it in xp pro machine with the waik installed.
I have used 3 differnt tutorials to the the winpe image booted from network but I get the same error on the 3 of them.
"error ocurred while atempting to read from config file" or similar
I noticed in the logs of the tftpd server that at some point the software tries to retrieve a boot.ini file which obviously is not there and not mentioned in any documentation I got hold of.
Error points to to bcdedit part of the tutorials. I saw in a thread a user mentioning that "maybe" there could be a way to bypass the bcdedit thing but I am completely lost here.
I will keep on trying because I am very interested in getting this job done.
So far, what I do roughly is in my xp pro machine, fire up the aik command prompt, copy the contents of x86 somwhere else,, mount the winpe.wim, get some other files copied,do the bcedit thing ( I reebot using a winpe vista cdrom to do this "I have my doubts about this because I dont know what version of vistape am using I believe is 2.0 but Id like to know how to tell for sure"
Well to summ up, I fire pointing to pxeboot.n12 or pxeboot.com dpending on the tuto and got the same error.
Draws my attentiont the boot.ini file thought that since Im using bcd boot.ini is out of the filme.
Sorry If this post is to long, lame etc
looking forward for any hints,
Thanks in advance
Gonzalo

#2 Gonzalongo

Gonzalongo
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:40 AM

Update !!!!

I got it working for the first time. I want to do more test to know for sure Im in the right path.

The significant change I introduced was in the tpftd32 configurationc I emptied the PXE BOX which I supposed in my previous attempts that had to be a must.

I will test it again just to be sure.
Here a screen shot of the tpftd config

Attached Thumbnails

• tfpd32conf.jpg

#3 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

@Gonzalongo
Happy you solved your problem by yourself. :thumbup:

However, please do note how this approach:

I have used 3 differnt tutorials to the the winpe image booted from network but I get the same error on the 3 of them.

may easily get a reply like:

I have used 8 different tutorials to the the winpe image booted from network and I get the same success on all the 8 of them. :thumbup:

If you used 3 tutorials, you already made a mistake. :)

You should follow one (and one only) of them and post a reference to it (we are not mind readers, and my crystal ball is again in the shop for maintenance) if you want productive help, please try re-reading your original post and see if you find it possible that anyone can guess what the problem is from the data you posted. :thumbup:

You may then want to compare it with the "common sense advice" attached to Rules:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=9101
(point #d might be of particular interest to you) B)

:thumbup:

Wonko

#4 Gonzalongo

Gonzalongo
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:58 PM

Well,

I am sorry about that. In the future I will provide more accurate and sensible data.
Regards,
Gonzalo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users