New downloads section!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

nope you get it wrong, here we are trying to show Nuno categorizing apps scripts is meaningless when we do not have wb easy to use strick syntax rules to follow. Just read my previous post.

Let's look on the facts. We already ONE app scripts forum section with 25 pages filled with app scripts.

On the old download center they were ALREADY categorized. (working or not working is irrelevant at this moment).

What is NEEDED is to put them back into categories INSIDE the forums.

Whatever you're trying to infer about wb syntax regardless or being correct or not, is driving the discussion into off topic and also making me lose any patience trying to explain this to you over and over again.

FOCUS.

If you're not willing to help, that is fine but please refrain yourself from trying to turn this topic into another unrelated chit-chat.

Otherwise we'll need to move your future unrelated topics onto your long discussion topic to keep these ones readable.

#27 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

For instance, Galapo says "he thinks he's done beating this dead horse".
I'm quite sure WB is not a dead horse otherwise it wouldn't create me a boot disk every month.

yep, It is the success of project admins that updates projects everymonth for new wb syntax rules. Thanks for nice words. For the rest of the projects you find around, you need to use specific wb versions for them. (and valid for future too)

@Nuno

FOCUS.

I agree Nuno, please focus our concerns.

(working or not working is irrelevant at this moment).

remember current topic your post 1

This occurs after this discussion: http://www.boot-land...showtopic=10694

Where some of the older scripts are obviously causing confusion to users.

Reminding your post on topic http://www.boot-land...showtopic=10694

....Something needs to be done about the downloads section. We either update the scripts within or disable it completely to avoid these type of confusions. Since I know that nobody will likely volunteer for this task then it will be disabled to avoid issues....

If you still think categorizing scripts without thinking they are working or not working will solve confusion for new comers (which was not the case on the relevant topic !!!), Than as I wrote before, thanks for not replying our concerns and I wish my best luck. :cheers: :cheers:

#28 john3voltas

john3voltas

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

But we could do the housekeeping, categorizing the scripts so that things get easier to be found.
An then, we can work on the non-working scripts to fix them or we can work on WB to make it easier.
I don't know but I think this is easily doable and it would close this off topic discussion.

#29 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

@john3voltas

But we could do the housekeeping, categorizing the scripts so that things get easier to be found.

:cheers:

An then, we can work on the non-working scripts to fix them or we can work on WB to make it easier.
I don't know but I think this is easily doable and it would close this off topic discussion.

This is what we are doing for 2 years, which we exhausted and we demand easy to follow RULES which had no reply or support.

Well john3voltas, I will be very happy if you volunteer on categorizing all apps scripts and fixing them again and again when time passes. If you think this is efficient, why not, join the team. I would love to help you as much as I can if you promise being around for a looong while. :lol:

#30 john3voltas

john3voltas

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

Well john3voltas, I will be very happy if you volunteer on categorizing all apps scripts and fixing them again and again when time passes. If you think this is efficient, why not, join the team. I would love to help you as much as I can if you promise being around for a looong while. :cheers:

I'm sorry lance. :cheers:
I'd love to join the team but I already have a very time-consuming project.
If I took another one, my wife would kick me out of the house. :lol:
Though, I'd love to understand WB scripting.
If WB had documentation I'd read it thoroughly, maybe I'd learn something useful.

#31 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

If WB had documentation I'd read it thoroughly, maybe I'd learn something useful.

Here is documentation
http://winbuilder.net/help

"Syntax"
and
"Syntax added in version 080"

are most important parts.

But they are missing (not completed) which cause troubles up to this topic.... And some examples and rules may change with next version since it is already declared something will change but nobody-1 knows what :cheers:. At least these pages will give you the idea of what are the basic arrangements. :cheers:

Have fun :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users