noel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 111 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

hello,
I use winpe3 in a vm under hyperV (2K8).
I read in documentation that Integrated componants is OK for Winpe. Driver, mouse, video seem OK.
But "net start" don't say anything about the services;
If i make a vm for an other W2K8, i see the hyperV services.
I try ti install theses services under winpe3. With drvload.exe and the good file i take in ...\system32\vmguest.iso for windows6......cab.
I see all services of hyperV (...shutdown and other i don't ermember their names) But vmickvpechange report error 87 ( incorrect parameter ).
And it's the only services i must use.

The goal is to communicate the host ip of the internal network. So, the vm winpe can make the net use z: \\ip_host\shared_data.

Is someone have an idea to make this service ok?

Merci.

PS : don't be worry, my english is very poor. And forget me if you don't understand me.

#2 noel

noel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 111 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

hello,
With this site :
http://blogs.technet...on-startup.aspx
I've found that i must do :
1 - install ic for hyperV from ...\system32\vmguest.iso and launch in winpe drvload ....\wvmic.inf
2 - create the service termservice (via wmi) like witch one that is into W7 (for the imagepath) because vmickvpexchange test this registry. So, don't start it, just create.
3 - modify the account (objectpath) for vmickvpexchange to NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM (not localservice) because localservice has no right to create key under ...\virtual machine\.
I launch automaticaly the vm (witch contain winpe) with cmdlet build by "codeplex", also a good site.
And voilà, you have got a winpe under hyperV withch can communicate with the host by using the registry. It's a good way to pass the host's ip when you need an virtual internal network without dhcp.

And also, because winpe deal with ramdisk, you can put ntvdm in winpe and so got a virtual MSDOS in a w2K8 64 bits.
I know, it's stupid for almost people, but it's the better way for "one" company (mine) which have all theses programs under DOS. It's exist really in 2010.

Ps : without information directly from MS, i can't get my goal.

Ps : sorry for my english...but i am so happy to make it, a real challenge for me, dos under os 64bits, and not only for the "fun". Even if no body is interesting about this...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users