#1 ignant

ignant

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

This is my 1st attempt so I am a newb.

I'm unable to install MSI files even though I am able to START Windows Installer in SERVICES. It does automatically stop when i press start but I do not receive any errors.

HELP!!!

Computer info:
Windows 7 ULT 32bit
4GB ram
Dual core 2.8GHz
100GB free space
UAC disabled

Ultra ISO to burn ISO directly to a USB flash drive (16GB), no other files stored so there's plenty of free space

Extracted Vista SP1 installation files to the root of "D"
Installed WAIK also 6001.18000.080118-1840-kb3aikl_en.ISO Default installation path.

WinBuilder 080
MSI(4-Msiexec.script)from http://ludovici.winbuilder.net/

I placed the script file in D:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Addons [Is this the correct location?] I did not receive an error when creating the ISO file so I'm guessing its OK.

I havent done anything with the MSI DLL files either. I'm hoping the script will pull that from the Vista install files automatically.

The error I receive when I attempt to install an MSI package is identical to this

http://www.technize....tallererror.jpg

Not sure what to do at this point. Please advice

Thanks in advance

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:30 PM

First a Welcome in our community!

Second (may depend on my low knowledge of English language): I'm not sure what your real issue is:
If you cannot install MSI files on your host, I cannot help you. Maybe somebody of our "low level and boot experts"
If you cannot install msi files inside the PE, pease check whether you installed a functioning MSI on the PE.

If you have installed, unfortunatelly I cannot help, too. Then the MSI script author should response.

Sorry for such a "No Idea" answer to your first post!

Peter :lol:

#3 ignant

ignant

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:28 AM

Thank you Peter!! Glad to be a new member of the community.

I am unable to install the MSI software from within the VistaPE environment.

I did verify that the MSI software I'm trying install works. I'm able to install the MSI software on my XP SP3 and Vista SP1 computers.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has attempted to install an MSI package within the VistaPE environment so I'm sure a solution will be provided by one of many helpful members of this forum.

#4 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:37 PM

Hello ignant :rolleyes:

Max_Real_Qnx has resolve this MSI problem, you must replace in good directory (Shell/Addon) this files :
MSI Addon
MMC Addon
Explorer Shell
Good Luck :lol:

#5 ignant

ignant

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:53 AM

Thank you for the reply ludovici :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I'm still receiving the same error after using the 3 scripts you gave me. Maybe I placed them in the wrong folder but I did not receive any errors when creating the ISO file.

I placed the script files in D:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Addons

List of files in the Addons folder are in the picture. I verifed the date\time stamp and they match the 3 files from Rapidshare.

3-explorerv1.7z
4-Msiexec.7z
MMC_v2.7z

If you need me to send any files like the MSI file I'm trying to install, I'll be more than happy to send. Its only 1.7MB. Such a small file but it's giving me a big headache.

Wondering if a software called SpyMe would eliminiate the need to install the MSI package. Can a script be written if we can determine the registry & disk changes made by the MSI package? IMO, this is better.

I can also send the ISO file via transferbigfiles.com. Not sure if that will help.

Thanks again!! :lol:

Attached Thumbnails

• Addons_Scripts.jpg

#6 ignant

ignant

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

@ ludovici :cheers:

Should I be running 2 instances of Windows Explorer?
1 comes with WinBuilder [080] and the other came from 3-explorerv1.7z AKA Explorer Vista

I do run into an error with IE7 if I uncheck Windows Explorer and use Explorer Vista instead. As of right now, I have both checked.

Not sure if that would cause issues preventing me from being able to install MSI packages. I dont see much to configure with MSI script either. Only 2 options to check.

Do you know anyone who is able to install MSI packages in VistaPE?

Do you recommend I contact Max_Real Qnx instead?

Thank you :whistling:

Attached Thumbnails

• WinBuilder__080_.jpg
  • WinBuilder__080_MSI.jpg

#7 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

@Ignant :whistling:

1 comes with WinBuilder [080] and the other came from 3-explorerv1.7z AKA Explorer Vista :cheers:

Delete your first explorer script and replace with 3-explorer.7z of rapidshare :unsure:

Do you know anyone who is able to install MSI packages in VistaPE? :cheers:

yes, me. i am able to install MSI packages in VistaPE ;)

If you want :huh:

#8 ignant

ignant

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:45 AM

@Ignant :ranting2:

1 comes with WinBuilder [080] and the other came from 3-explorerv1.7z AKA Explorer Vista :ranting2:

Delete your first explorer script and replace with 3-explorer.7z of rapidshare :ranting2:

Tried this but I received an error since IE7 script was processed prior to the Explorer script from explorer.7z of rapidshare :ranting2:

Started playing around in the script and changed the Level to 1 so the IE7 error went away. Unfortunately, when VistaPE loads, explorer doesnt load automatically. I probably have to make changes in the script but I'm not sure what that would be. :ranting2: :ranting2:

Do you know anyone who is able to install MSI packages in VistaPE? :ranting2:

yes, me. i am able to install MSI packages in VistaPE :ranting2:

Soooo jealous :ranting2:

If you want :ranting2:

Sent you a PM. Please respond when you have time. Thanks :ranting2:

#9 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:29 AM

try this in VistaPE CAPI v.12
it's far not perfect but small \ not complex .msi package works,
e.g. Opera_1050_en_Setup.exe or 7z465.msi works for me
[codebox][Main] Title=msi Type=script Description= Level=5 Version=001 Selected=True Locked=False Author= Date= [Process] RunFromRam,True Require_File,msi.dll Require_File,msiexec.exe Require_File,msihnd.dll Require_File,msimsg.dll Require_File,msisip.dll ## AddAutoRun,msi,x:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe,/s x:\windows\system32\msi.dll,3 ## hive_load,HKU reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Classes\.msi","","Msi.Package" reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Classes\.msp","","Msi.Patch" // reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Package","","Windows Installer Package" reg_add,0x3,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Package","EditFlags",\ 00,00,10,00 reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Package","FriendlyTypeName","@#$pSystemRoot#$p\System32\msimsg.dll,-34" reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Package\DefaultIcon","","X:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe,0" reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Package\shell","","Open" reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Package\shell\Open","","&Install" reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Package\shell\Open","MUIVerb","@#$pSystemRoot#$p\System32\msimsg.dll,-36" reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Package\shell\Open\command","","#$q#$pSystemRoot#$p\System32\msiexec.exe#$q /i #$q%1#$q %*" // reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Patch","","Windows Installer Patch" reg_add,0x3,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Patch","EditFlags",\ 00,00,10,00 reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Patch","FriendlyTypeName","@#$pSystemRoot#$p\System32\msimsg.dll,-35" reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Patch\DefaultIcon","","X:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe,0" reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Patch\shell","","Open" reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Patch\shell\Open","","&Apply Patch" reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Patch\shell\Open","MUIVerb","@#$pSystemRoot#$p\System32\msimsg.dll,-39" reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Classes\Msi.Patch\shell\Open\command","","#$q#$pSystemRoot#$p\System32\msiexec.exe#$q /p #$q%1#$q %*" // reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer","InstallerLocation","X:\Windows\system32\" hive_unload ## hive_load,HKLM reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\msiserver","DisplayName","@#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\msimsg.dll,-27" reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\msiserver","ImagePath","#$psystemroot#$p\system32\msiexec.exe /V" reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\msiserver","Description","@#$pSystemRoot#$p\system32\msimsg.dll,-32" reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\msiserver","ObjectName","LocalSystem" reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\msiserver","ErrorControl","1" reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\msiserver","Start","3" reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\msiserver","Type","16" reg_add,0x7,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\msiserver","DependOnService","rpcss" reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\msiserver","ServiceSidType","1" reg_add,0x7,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\msiserver","RequiredPrivileges","SeTcbPrivilege","SeCreatePagefilePrivilege","SeLockMemoryPrivilege","SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege","SeCreatePermanentPrivilege","SeAuditPrivilege","SeSecurityPrivilege","SeChangeNotifyPrivilege","SeProfileSingleProcessPrivilege","SeImpersonatePrivilege","SeCreateGlobalPrivilege","SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege","SeRestorePrivilege","SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege","SeShutdownPrivilege","SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege","SeLoadDriverPrivilege" reg_add,0x3,"%reg%\ControlSet001\Services\msiserver","FailureActions",\
84,03,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,14,00,00,\
00,01,00,00,00,C0,D4,01,00,01,00,00,00,E0,93,04,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
hive_unload[/codebox]

Edited by dera, 09 March 2010 - 07:36 PM.

#10 ignant

ignant

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

Thank you Dera :ranting2:

Not sure what you mean though.

Do I edit script.project and include
[Process]
RunFromRam,True
Require_File,msi.dll
Require_File,msiexec.exe
Require_File,msihnd.dll
Require_File,msimsg.dll
Require_File,msisip.dll
##

or
Common_Api.script

or
Do I set it as a rule in SOURCE --> RULES?

Attached is a log file with MSI warnings but I did verify the MSI files listed is in X:\Windows\SYSTEM32

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   89.23KB   661 downloads

#11 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

somewhere in the folder '\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Apps'
create a new simple text file and rename it to e.g. msi.script
copy and paste the above code into this new file called msi.script
for me works in the original, untouched VistaPE CAPI v.12 (RC1b common API) project
mandatory to use the Vista DVD as source

#12 ignant

ignant

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

somewhere in the folder '\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Apps'
create a new simple text file and rename it to e.g. msi.script
copy and paste the above code into this new file called msi.script
for me works in the original, untouched VistaPE CAPI v.12 (RC1b common API) project

VistPE is no longer recognizing MSI files with that script. All I did was copy and paste into an msi.script and placed that file in '\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Apps'.

When you say "for me works in the original, untouched VistaPE CAPI v.12 (RC1b common API) project
"
are you saying you do not have a seperate script for MSI?

You are able to install MSI packages without editing existing .script files or creating a seperate MSI.script file?

#13 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:12 PM

i have a separated MSI.script
the text in the CODE box is the content of my separated MSI.script
(have to enable the Base\Windows Explorer script, too)

#14 ignant

ignant

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:23 PM

i have a separated MSI.script
the text in the CODE box is the content of my separated MSI.script
(have to enable the Base\Windows Explorer script, too)

I do have "Base\Windows Explorer script" enabled because the IE7 script fails without it.

As far as your MSI.script file, is that in the Base or Addon folder? Does it matter?

Would you mind uploading your MSI.script file? Not sure how I can get copy and paste wrong but hey, anything is possible.

If its not allowed here, can you email to ignant.foo@gmail.com

Thank you dera

#15 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

i have meant "untouched" that i didn't replace explorer and MMC script or any other script (from Leopard project)
MMC also enabled
for me the script is in '\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Apps\' folder
Attached File  msi.7z   1.02KB   373 downloads

#16 ignant

ignant

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:55 PM

i have meant "untouched" that i didn't replace explorer and MMC script or any other script (from Leopard project)
MMC also enabled
for me the script is in '\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Apps\' folder
Attached File  msi.7z   1.02KB   373 downloads

Thank you for the script.

Just to make sure my setup is similar to yours, I started from the beginning by downloading the original scripts for the Leopard project.
The only scripts I used that is not from the project is your MSI, Ghost 11, PENetwork & BGinfo scripts.

Placed a copy of Opera_1050_en_Setup.exe & 7z465.msi on the root of the flash drive for testing.

For the good news :ranting2: I was able to run and install both Opera and 7z :ranting2:
For the bad news :ranting2: The 1.5MB MSI file I need to install keeps failing :ranting2:
That MSI file is the whole reason for the project so I guess I'm screwed for now. :ranting2:
I need to find someone who can create a script from this agee.msi file.......I'll even pay for that service :ranting2:

Just wanted to express my gratitude for your help dera :ranting2: :ranting2: Thank you!!!!!!

Also thanks to ludovici :ranting2:

Attached Thumbnails

• WinBuilder__080_MSI_dera.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users