error when creating

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mmstudio

mmstudio
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:41 PM

Hi guys Im trying to build my first vistape because I need get into one of my comps which become corrupted vista startup.
Im building on XP computer. downloaded lates winbuilder release, connected to vistape.winbuilder.net server and downloaded files, downloaded and installed waik, then pointed source to my cdrom with vista , pressed play to start build.
WHile step 6 of building there is error that telling me file copy failed due missing folder. The problem (maybe) is I have czech vista cd (cs-CZ) and have installed english waik so maybe problem is there. I read log and find out that some files are copied from Temp fiolder from directory cs-CZ but in target directory there is only en-GB so probably here is problem. Now I downloading czech version of waik so I will have czech vista cd and czech waik installed. DO you think this resolve problem or I have to do something else - maybe that I need english vista cd to build with wibuilder so it cant be build with different vista cd language than english ? Any help will be great

thanks in advance
Dave

EDIT: I installed now czech version of waik so now I have waik in czech and also czech win vista cd - problem is still same here is what I got from log
FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-CAPI\BootWimSrc\windows\cs-CZ\regedit.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-CAPI\windows\cs-CZ\regedit.exe.mui]: Invalid folder name

Problem is almost sure that files are copied from folder cs-CZ in temp directory but in target is only en-GB folder so winbuilder is looking for cs-CZ folder in target and because its not there it stop and error message is cretaed. Please can somebody help me how to fix this issue ?.

#2 mmstudio

mmstudio
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:07 PM

Does vista cd is necessary to build vistape ? I think I try now use only waik in english so i install english version of waik insted of czech again now and pont source to waik insted of vista cd.... maybe that will work...

#3 mmstudio

mmstudio
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

Problem solved - I had to use english waik and also use waik as source (instead of czech vista cd)

#4 mmstudio

mmstudio
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

now I have another error coming almost on the end of build:
FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-CAPI\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\icrav03.rat] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-CAPI\Windows\System32\icrav03.rat]: Systém nemůže nalézt uvedenou cestu.

DOnt know if this is cause because I user waik as source instead of dvd ? Any help on this welcome... If vista cd must be used to build ( no waik as source) where can be downloaded english version of vista so I can use it as source or how make my original czech vista to work ( as problems mentioned in above posts)

#5 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

Hello

I think you are on the right track, so this is encouragement

Mixing language files has been a reported problem before.

WAIK can be used to build a bootable disk

Read this post

Good Luck :ranting2: :whistling:

edited WAIK should be selected and Path set in the PreConfig script if you have source set to Vista

#6 mmstudio

mmstudio
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

hmmm I found out that I need vista cd for build to be able use explorer gui. How to setup winbuilder to work with cs-CZ instead of en-GB ? or isnt there some already made ISO that is working so I can download and burn iso without need tzo build it myself ? Easiest way is probably use english vosta cd but I have only czech vista cd and I didnt found and vista eng downloads on internet :-(

#7 Barkeeper

Barkeeper
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:54 AM

Hi folks,

it seems that I do have the same problem:

FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-CAPI\BootWimSrc\windows\de-DE\regedit.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-CAPI\windows\de-DE\regedit.exe.mui]: Der Verzeichnisname ist ungültig.

I am using a german Vista DVD as source, because i need the explorer.

I can boot the .iso in my Virtual Box with no problems, but I can not use regedit.
Unfortunately I have to check a few thing with regedit.

Any idea or workaround to get regedit working?

Thanks a lot!

Barkeeper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users