Palestine

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:30 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
screenshots from v1.3b7

Before you download it , you'll need to have .NET framework 2.0

Updated
http://h7se.boot-lan...der(v1.3b9).rar

You can import pebuilder plugin's and generate script file's to run with winbuilder

if you have any idea's to improve this program please let me know

fixed
error message "List index out of bounds (4)"

#2 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:computers<br />mechanics<br />distortion<br /><br />
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:59 AM

Regarding that error, I believe it means one of the items your program is trying to access is not within the scope of it's 'knowledge'. Like a registry entry that exists in XP but not PE, something your program just spits back out...
Nice little VisualStudio project! I can't really see where the 'script' format conversion takes place in the GUI. Thx. for sharing your work though. You'll find a humble, friendly, and savy group of folks here at boot-land. With a little reading you should be into the swing of things in no time. Welcome.

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:59 AM

now H7PluginBuilder able to generate .script files

I tried the program and on start it gave me the error that the application could not have been initialized.
I think there are missin .net version files
You should make a deploy packege.

so any one can tell me what dose this error message mean "List index out of bounds (4)"

It usually happens with syntax errors in your script.
Then maybe an argument is missing and WB brings that erroe when starting to read.
Unfortunatelly currently there is no way to find the line.

Peter

#4 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:58 PM

Nice tool!

so any one can tell me what dose this error message mean "List index out of bounds (4)"

This error happen if the syntax of a command is not right. For more information ouy can see the wiki

Link

#5 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:51 PM

Welcome to the board h7se.

That was fast in starting helping in implementing BartPE, or XPE plugins to Winbuilder Scripts format. :P

#6 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:51 PM

You also run into that error, when your script tries to edit a unicode file!

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:41 PM

Welcome to Boot Land h7se! :P

For creating shortcuts the recommended way is using build model by Peter, it consists on a way to use regional folder names and avoid fixed paths, so here is an example on how to create a shortcut from an application on the "Programs" folder:

[Process]Echo,"Creating shortcuts.."
IniRead,"%ProjectInfo%","TargetStrings","sProgram_Files",%WorkDir%
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"DE","#$pSystemDrive#$p\%workDir%\dixml\dixml.exe","DriveImage XML"
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"SM","#$pSystemDrive#$p\%workDir%\dixml\dixml.exe","DriveImage XML"

First you read the value from %projectInfo% wich is an ini file wich is generated while the project is running and will hold the valid work paths - and we will read the value of sProgram_Files to the variable %workdir%

Next we run the buildModel function that will create our shortcuts, note that DE will place it on the desktop and SM will add on the start Menu - this is very well documented inside the buildmodel script by Peter (psc)

As a side note, a few characters need to be coded otherwise they might be confused with language specific instrutions.

For example, the comma is used to split a command like this:

Echo,"Hello World!!"

Where Echo is the command and Hello World!! the text string to be displayed. To display commas instead of spliting lines you use the coded version #$c wich will be outputed as a comma, like this:

Echo,"Hello#$c World!!"

And this way you'll output an Hello, World!! instead of just Hello if you used a simple comma.

There are also a few other characters like this one, this is detailed on the wiki as well. So I think your error could also be due to something like this.

#$c = ,
#$p = %
#$q = "

:P

#8 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:49 PM

Thanks alot i think i'll make a new upoload today that supports shortcust and autorun file's.

Nuno thanks alot for your help :P

did any one test the generated script ? what do you think about it , is it good or i should modify the way it work ?

#9 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

New Version

Add [scriptfile].link

you can run files from autorun.cmd
create shortcuts on desktop and startmenu

i'm thinking in create shortcut's via autorun.cmd using FileCreateShortcut function in autoit what do you think ?

is it a good idea ?

do you have more idea's for the pluginbuilder ?

should i include some interface for winbuilder editor in the generated script ?

#10 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:53 PM

i'm thinking in create shortcut's via autorun.cmd using FileCreateShortcut function in autoit what do you think ?

is it a good idea ?

I think we agreed upon, doing as little at boot-time as possible and moving as much as possible to build-time.
Shortcuts were one of those things, though only you know if that is possible, with the converted plugins.

#11 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:05 PM

All shortcuts are made when the project is built - they are then extracted to the ramdisk when the system boots up, this is the reason why build model is used.

Tested the new app, it looks better - but the UI is still too crowded with buttons and options on my opinion, most of these features should be as simple as possible and I know that this is really hard to do, especially when a tool is meant to be used by so many different people..

Keep it up! :P

#12 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:09 PM

Hi

New upload

i fixed the problem with SourceDisksFolders so now instead of copying the folder it self it will copy the contnent of the folder just like pebuilder

also added .link file's installer :P

and new small vedio to show you how to convert pebuilder plugin's to winbuilder script's

Download from main post
http://h7se.110mb.com/*****

Vedio How Convert Inf To Script

if you need codec to play this vedio try this
TechSmith Screen Capture Codec Installation

#13 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:41 PM

The video really helps to understand how it works - now I only need to download some PE plugins to test it.. :P

I would recommend to wait for the next release of wb - the archive folder was completely removed and all scripts are placed inside the projects folder - this should take just a few more days to be released..

Wich program do you use for creating these presentations?

#14 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:44 PM

Very good video. Your getting better at creating video tutorials. With this type of video examples I would not be scared to use your application as I was when you first released it. I can probably follow it. :P

The link format is not being used in the newer builds of Winbuider 53. The .Script is being used only.

I tried to download and run the program, but I get an error message when trying to run it. Here is the error.

P.jpg

#15 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:04 AM

was you able to run the previous upload ?

if not then what version of dotnet runtime file's you have installed ?

#16 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:13 AM

Hi Nuno

if forget :P i'm using TechSmith Screen Capture

did you run last upload succesfully ?

#17 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:19 AM

Hi Nuno

if forget :P i'm using TechSmith Screen Capture

did you run last upload succesfully ?

Thanks for tip.

I've run it sucessfully, haven't needed to install .NET since it was already available from my local windows but it seems to run fine. :P

#18 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:31 AM

lol! I forgot that it needs Net Framework. :P

#19 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:09 AM

i updated the program now works fine with expand command so you can for example import xpe-mmc or wmp and build a working script for it.

now can made shortcut to quicklaunch

add menu item to set sub item's CopyLocal Prperty to false this mean's than item's will be expanded from source cd if exist's

now you can use GenerateRamCmd, this will make a batch file which will copy the file to ram drive and run it from there %ramdrv% is used..

add some interface for test

this the prove :P
http://h7se.boot-lan.../Vedios/Jff.rar

Download from main post
http://h7se.110mb.com/*****

#20 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:12 AM

Ultra fast learning.. :P

Just seen the video, regedit.ex_ might not be found, but regedit.exe is available on my I386 windows source.. :P

Nice going! :P

#21 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:09 PM

was you able to run the previous upload ?

if not then what version of dotnet runtime file's you have installed ?

:P Arghn... Dot.Net
Hate it, when people force me to download 50+MB, just to run a program a few KB big! :P

#22 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:20 PM

I love the videos. lol! you recorded the last mistakes of not finding the file.
This is going to be a very usefull tool.

#23 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:20 AM

I tried following the video but I could not convert a plugin from Reatago to Script.

Is there going to be an update to creating just the Script. It complains that I dont have the right folder. I think it expect the Archive folder layout.

Also notice that you select the "Set Copy local to false". What is it for. I dont get a good grasp of the explanation.

#24 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

Hi TheHive

i seams that you finally downloaded the .net framework kk

if you want just the script you can just delete the [pluginname].inf file from the output plugin folder

complains that I dont have the right folder
if you mean the WBlinkinstaller then yes you should pleace your plugin in the archive folder then in that folder you should move it to the right category such as App witch you can set from the program main window then you can click the istaller.cmd or just doit manually :P

the setcopylocal command will search throw the selectednode[includeing subnodes]
if it found a file it will check if it exist in the harddisk if not it will set copylocal propery to false this will tell the program that this file should be extracted from source cd

#25 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:20 PM

We dont need the Links file since we dont have an Arcive folder anymore. We just need a script created. On most plugin from BarPE and Reatogo, I already have the completed plugin . They have the "Files" folder that contains the files inside. They dont need to gather any more stuff. It would be good to have those files embeded into the script. I dont know much about creating plugins. Im using mostly other peoples creations. They are very good and would like to turn them into scripts for Winbuilder. Your solution seems to be the easiest so far.

Is there a way to know what things are on the left pane that belonged to the Plugin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users