H7PluginBuilder

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#176 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:17 PM

Hi..

Would you mind also writing a small log of changes when you announce a new test release?

This helps to understand what is new and what has been fixed..

One more thing:

There is a new tab under the newer wb betas called templates, this allows to insert files as code snippets inside the source code editor but also allows to launch any executable placed inside the Tools\Templates folder.

I think it would be good to include MakeScript from pedrole and your plugin builder inside this template folder so that they could become a sort of wizards to allow a more interactive script creation tool.

All executables launched from the templates folder are launched with two parameters on command line:

First parameter is the value of %basedir%
Second parameter is the value of the new script to be created

Good luck! :1st:

#177 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:43 AM

Hi..

Would you mind also writing a small log of changes when you announce a new test release?

This helps to understand what is new and what has been fixed..

i'll try next time

One more thing:

done and waiting for your feedback

#178 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:08 AM

wow.. you're fast!

Thanks, will place on the new folder and test right away.. :1st:

#179 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:11 PM

Program updated

--

fix syntax for RegDelete
small fix when importing file's

#180 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:49 PM

Thanks, I wanted to run this app on my old laptop, do you know if there is any "lite" version of .NET available to download somewhere? :thumbup:

The default package is too big for a quick download (would take several hours)

:1st:

#181 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:10 PM

Yes nlite have a lite .netframework package but i don't know if the program will work with out the Official runtime :1st:

FrameworkLite 2.0 R3 (alternative, unofficial runtimes for nLite) | 6.9 MB
http://nlite.boot-la...nLruntimeR3.exe

:thumbup:

#182 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:06 AM

Thank you!

But unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with this version, also tried placing the executable on the same folder as the runtimes but didn't worked either..

Time to download the full edition.. :1st:

#183 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:26 AM

Updated
------------------
1-Comma's replaced with #$c

Registry explorer
2- add option to Change 0x1 (REG_SZ) registry value's to 0x2 (REG_EXPAND_SZ) into FindadnReplace dialog box

#184 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:42 AM

Help

- Someone please tell me if is it allowed to add registry key's to the root of the main registry key's
in bartpe i thought it's possible but all conversion tools dosn't do that .. what about winbuilder ?
------------------------------------------------
example
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER]
"Test"="C:\\Windows\\Tips.txt"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE]
"flash"="application/x-shockwave-flash"
-------------------------------------------------

Depend=%ProjectDir%\Basic\Build\1 - ProjectInfo.Script,%ProjectDir%\Basic\Build\4 - BuildModel.Script
- I thought when adding this line to script file's .. these script's wont build unless the script's which are decalcred in Depend statment get build first

is it possible to do that ?

#185 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:03 PM

With wb you can read and write any key inside the local registry.

This is the reason why you need to load/unload the respective hives from the new project when adding your settings and specify the full path to these hives.

About being possible to add registry keys on the root of the main registry, I think this would only depend on windows API itself.

While learning more about the raw format of registry keys I am quite sure that this is possible, but since wb is using windows API to load registry I don't know what results to expect from this.

But why would you need to write keys on the root?

Don't mean writing keys on the host machine and not on the boot disk hives? :1st:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Depend=

This parameter only allows that a user only selects a script when the needed scripts are also selected.

If the needed scripts are disabled then it will automatically enable them, and if these recently enabled scripts have other scripts that are listed as non-compatible then it disable them.

This is very usefull for the Ramdisk Vs ImDisk scripts as example, where you only want one of these two scripts to be enabled.

Hope this helps understanding how to use it.

You should also check wbverify by Peter, which is more suited for the type of actions that you need. Look inside the respective script to get an idea how it works.

#186 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:13 PM

Depend=

You should also check wbverify by Peter, which is more suited for the type of actions that you need. Look inside the respective script to get an idea how it works.

In addition:

WBVerify also can check the order of execution. Sample:

autoUPX and CreateISO are both in the 'Finish' folder.

This verify statement checks that autoUPX is done before CreateISO:
Call "Before" (autoUPX, Create ISO);

Peter

#187 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:50 AM

Hi

since wb is using windows API to load registry I don't know what results to expect from this.

ok then i can do it .. the reason why i asked .. to know if i should remove the ability to add value's to the main keys or not

But why would you need to write keys on the root?

:1st: i don't know .. but if wb can do it why not !

-------------------

program updated

add Profile to wb option
add setfont to result tab
fix some bug when importing plugin's that contain incompleate formated registry value's
--

i'm working on away to write registry value's to windows registry file and then import it using regImport function ... instead of using RegWrite what do you think ?

#188 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:41 AM

There was some discussion a few months ago when comparing both methods. I think you need to consider portability to Vista OS with UAC restrictions and still be able to use the same reg files for a VistaPE project.

Preferably your code should use variables when loading hives and then use the registry files to add large chunks of registry code.

In global terms a .reg file writes extremely fast when compared to regwrite so I also like this idea.. :1st:

#189 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:39 AM

There was some discussion a few months ago when comparing both methods.

Yes i get this idea some where in the forum

Preferably your code should use variables when loading hives and then use the registry files to add large chunks of registry code.

Please can you give me a simple example

i already finish it .. if you want to test the program i'll make an update today

Thanks

#190 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:54 AM

It's simple - download both nativeEx and VistaPE and check how hives are loaded on both projects.

No need to upload a new binary because of me - I'm using an old laptop (forgot my battery charger when I've went to Coimbra) and this machine doesn't has enough space to install .NET framework (the install package refused to install), so all my testings need to be done at work.

I was really looking forward to test it and see what has changed since last time I've tried it.

Have you managed to intercept and capture all the registry changes done while installing a target program?

Are you also coding the output with support to the new API ?

Look here for starting point:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=2100

And the simple implementation for shortcuts and autostart:
http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=14383

Use this as exmple to add a program:
[variables]

%ProgramTitle%=Sudoku

%ProgramEXE%=sudoku.exe

%ProgramFolder%=Sudoku

[process]

Add_Shortcut,Desktop

Add_Shortcut,AutoStart

Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,Games and Fun

unpack

(already implemented on nativeEx and LiveXP)

#191 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:09 PM

Have you managed to intercept and capture all the registry changes done while installing a target program?

it already can do that .. but this is not the problem
along with wanted registry values it capture needless registry entries not related to the app being installed .. for now that can be filtered using Config.xml

Are you also coding the output with support to the new API ?

maybe later .. but there's some vista support (i don't know if it works or not :1st: )

------------

about encoding registry file's here's the result
Echo,Extrating and merging registry file's...

ExtractFile,"%ScriptFile%","Registry","EReg[(None)].reg","%ScriptDir%\"

RegImport,"%ScriptDir%\EReg[(None)].reg"

FileDelete,"%ScriptDir%\EReg[(None)].reg"

ExtractFile,"%ScriptFile%","Registry","EReg[2600].reg","%ScriptDir%\"

RegImport,"%ScriptDir%\EReg[2600].reg"

FileDelete,"%ScriptDir%\EReg[2600].reg"

[EncodedFolders]

Registry

[EncodedFile-Registry-EReg[(None)].reg]

lines=0

0=eJytj10LAVEQhp9r5T9s64aSfCvlSkopF8uSkNRubGm3fIQ/j3cPChebpGlO5515n5nmehkTEOIRcWSHhYPPSrUde7acVemoG0hF0hYj9bfqBtKhdI0CRUWalMkpXXpi

Jixo42qeI9VnKO0y0N9hJu1rnyWnb3ZkKDE3vC3+HjYtpf2oPokRSzYcpO5U7FpLnWgmOsvG6akT3+HJ

X

fyIJLrysidLg9yDz3/9Jk2vvk0vf0xPIms/k/W/XBTnDVoJTCJ4nBNwDUpNj9bwy89L1YzVK0pNZxgFIwm4MEHoQzjkJfRftDIwAQC7hAg3oCbpHAEAAAAC

AAAAKwAAAMIAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[Registry]

EReg[(None)].reg=273,364

EReg[2600].reg=236,315

[EncodedFile-Registry-EReg[2600].reg]

lines=0

0=eJyNj9EKAUEARc+z8g8bL5SEWkp5klLKw7IrWUmZmNJu7RJ+HteULUppmmnOnLlzm8d9gSVhR8qFHI

8Aw15nOScybjoZyVpRKvaI5DNZK07EPk1aGmVKbq4YM1FmyYYhod4LRFPm4pCZ9gGx2KjP003jOqq0Wb

t

8pXARW46cRS/vyww4iK7U6FCn73obRfuvZPcj2ftK/rO+//YEHg8qUnic43MNSk2PNjIzMIjVK0pNZxgFIwvoMULoBTjk5WqquxmYAGHbBs+xOA4UAQAAAAIAAAAoAA

AAoAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#192 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:21 PM

Here's a typo:

Should be "Extracting"

Will try to figure why it won't work.. :1st:

#193 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:27 PM

Here's a typo:

Should be "Extracting"

Will try to figure why it won't work..

i'm sorry but here i should also check for OS .. will fix it
ExtractFile,"%ScriptFile%","Registry","EReg[2600].reg","%ScriptDir%\"

RegImport,"%ScriptDir%\EReg[2600].reg"

FileDelete,"%ScriptDir%\EReg[2600].reg"

#194 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:16 PM

Hi

i looked at [AddShortcut] inside api.script (LiveXp) project and it use %BuildModelScript% script which is used also by h7pluginbuilder

the reason why i don't want to use the new style is that it heavly depndes on variables section

suppose that we want to create shortcuts for three different file's is side one script this means that we'll have to set these variables
%ProgramTitle%,%ProgramEXE%,%ProgramFolder% for every shortcut we want to create

plus i noted that wb is very slow we dealing with variables

here's how program currently creating shortcut's
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"SM","#$pSystemDrive#$p\%WorkDir%\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe","WinRAR"
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"DE","#$pSystemDrive#$p\%WorkDir%\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe","WinRAR"
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"QL","#$pSystemDrive#$p\%WorkDir%\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe","WinRAR"
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"ST","#$pSystemDrive#$p\%WorkDir%\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe","WinRAR"

---------
program updated
now you can use windows registry file's insead of regwrite function
How to enable >>> click Winbuilder button in the toolbar >> Registry >> Encode >> Set to True

#195 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:32 PM

the reason why i don't want to use the new style is that it heavly depndes on variables section

suppose that we want to create shortcuts for three different file's is side one script this means that we'll have to set these variables
%ProgramTitle%,%ProgramEXE%,%ProgramFolder% for every shortcut we want to create

I to 200% agree :1st:

Last days I changed some PMs about that with Nuno.

I did not want to make it public because I had the feeling 'Maybe I'm the only fool with this opinion'
Now there is at least a second 'fool' and we should discuss it here.

Maybe the discussion is better placed in the API Topic here

Peter

#196 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

I to 200% agree :1st:

Last days I changed some PMs about that with Nuno.

I did not want to make it public because I had the feeling 'Maybe I'm the only fool with this opinion'
Now there is at least a second 'fool' and we should discuss it here.

Well! same feeling :thumbup:

#197 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

The API is meant to be common - not meant to be applied only to buildmodel from nativeEx, this is reason why it is not called directly.

Speed is not the important factor but what should matter is simplicity and flexibility for the end user.

Look here:
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"SM","#$pSystemDrive#$p\%WorkDir%\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe","WinRAR"

How would this code work on anything except with buildmodel?

If you want to create a new shortcut within the same script then a new API command can/should be created to change these variables from a single line.

The API code mentioned above is good for simple applications, for multiple shortcuts another function should be created to ease this task, do you want to help on this part?

It is slower, but it makes the scripts available for every project that uses the API without any changes, plus that we can improve the variables performance but won't be able to write back older scripts that still used fixed commands.

The less specific details the better..

#198 h7se

h7se

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 264 posts
  •  
    Palestine

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:31 PM

i totally agree

but i think declaring variable's in Variable section the adding processing command's in the Process section is more complex than the single line syntax used by BuildModel

if every project can add Add_Shortcut to it's Api.script file that can create shorcut's using single line then it's great

ex:
Add_Shortcut,Desktop,"#$pSystemDrive#$p\%WorkDir%\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe","WinRAR"

i wish to help in that .. but my knowladge is too limited in script's development

#199 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:55 PM

How would this code work on anything except with buildmodel?

BTW: buildMode creates a 'shortcut template file' and "Run,%ActiveShell%,Add-Shortcut,<shortcut template file>"
Maybe buildModel is the API?
There is no logical difference whether the necessary script is named 'api.script' or 'buildModel.script'

No way for VistaPE?

Give me 30 (German) minutes and I demonstrate.

Peter

#200 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:58 PM

can you add selection for other icon in future builds. would be helpfull when the excecuted file is a .cmd or .bat

thanks
carfan

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users