#1 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:04 PM

It has recently been brought to my attention, once again, how the Rules we have set for behaving on boot-land are not really liked/appreciated/approved by a number of members.

The amount of (more or less friendly) efforts I made to have them respected and the very few attempts to enforce them have brought me nothing but polemical/sarcastycal replies, presumably funny attempts to workaround them, and various other smart-ass like behaviour, all leading to griefing me as I have often been depicted as an arrogant, hypocritical and despotic Admin, which is unlike my natural attitude.

As long as this comes from new members it's allright, I can bear this burden with no problems, when it comes from people that have been members and contributors of the Board since it's very beginning or soon after it, it's a clear sign that the Rules or the way they are applied by yours truly do not reflect the expectations or the opinions of the community.

I find as fundamentally pointless to do a "social service" against the wishes of the community it should serve.

As my last act as Admin of the board I have moved to a "reserved" area the last topic where people had a very good occasion to show this behaviour.

Nuno and/or the Admins that will be elected/nominated after me will be able to restore it to where it was originally posted:
http://www.boot-land...hp?showforum=77
as well as "unpin" the present thread, temporarily made "sticky".

Enjoy your new - free from control Board. :)

BTW: The Rules are still there, the only difference is that you won't have any more jaclaz trying to have them respected. ;)

Rather obviously the final message is ;):

We apologize for the inconveniences.

;)

jaclaz

P.S.: Should it not be clear enough, this topic is not meant as a discussion topic, it's merely a communication from your ex-Admin, nothing more, nothing less.

P.P.S: Should it not be clear enough, the above means that jaclaz is not anymore an Admin of the Board, again nothing more, nothing less.

P.P.P.S.: For reasons that probably only someone with a Vulcan heritage would understand, and that however I won't reveal, I feel compelled to leave also the Board as "advanced member" jaclaz, as this leaves attached to the account a number of privileges that not only I don't need, but that I also do not want. My new nick is Wonko The Sane.

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:51 PM

Hi jaclaz,

Let me share my opinion (not for discussing),
I love and fully respect the forum rules, and I love boot-land with the existant rules, For me the Rules and your effort makes boot-land one of the most unique forum ever (to me).

Being a young member, when i first came around and trying to make scripts, I made a "common" mistake with making a warez content script thinking it is not warez at all, well i totally mistaken, you closed the topic and wrote me to check the forum rule 1, and than I read all the rules (as expected from a new member), like (and understand the reasons behind) them and obeyed them since than.

The posting methods of you making the rules run is very educational for me. As written by Red recently being admin is hard and I learned a lot from the methods you used with understanding (trying to understand :)) the reasons behind. (simply, I understand more why being admin hard and your posts show some methods to me).

Without you being the watcher of rules, life on boot-land will become verrrrrrry hard. More than you can imagine. As Nuno wrote recently, you are the special janitor of this forum which keeps things tied up and go well smoothly..

, when it comes from people that have been members and contributors of the Board since it's very beginning or soon after it, it's a clear sign that the Rules or the way they are applied by yours truly do not reflect the expectations or the opinions of the community.

Please consider the relevant posts as Christmas Jokes. On boot-land I learned people joke each other intellectually which sometimes becomes dangerous.

And about the "subject", I felt it is boring for you long time before and tried to suggest a collection of relevant discusion on a seperate section. So after a while we fill this section with a set of discussion it might be better to ask user "read the topics on this section"...... which will be (hopefully) rescue your valuable time from repeated boring discussion.

If I am one of the users around who did something wrong making you angry, please forgive me. ;)

I want the boot-land janitor back to the duty.

If Nuno is the mother of boot-land who gives birth and life to her, you are definately the Father of boot-land. Do not let this little beautiful girl eaten by wolfs.

And reminding, you are one my heros ever on internet for a loooooong while (before boot-land).

Please continue what you've been doing since the begining.

Happy Xmas.

#3 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

Very sorry to hear this news :dubbio:

I have come to see your knowledge, wisdom and guidance (though on occasion off-putting) as essential to boot-land's continued success and development. I've come to fully appreciate your role as admin, a difficult, demanding and largely thank-less endeavor and will sorely miss your presence in that role (I hope and assume you intend to stay on as a contributing member). I wish you only the best in whatever future endeavors you pursue and thank you for your years of committed service to the community. Unfortunately, I think many will find the truth to the saying: 'you never appreciate what you have until it's gone' I, for one, am sorry we didn't appreciate you more.

All the best to you and yours :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users