77 replies to this topic

#51 budmanwv

budmanwv
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

OK, stupid question, but where is the script that you use to include the driver pack? I downloaded the drivers but can't find the script to use. I found the one for XP but not for VistaPE.

Thanks.

#52 Myote

Myote

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:29 PM

Is this method of integrating drivers work for Mass Storage drivers as well?

Is this compatible with BTS Driver packs for either MassStorage or NIC's?

Thanks!

I used it with Full BTS Drivers packs (MassStorage and Nics), with no errors; it work on all my pc.
I'll test my build tomorrow at work on <> PC ans Servers.

#53 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:15 PM

Would you mind creating a quick step-by-step tutorial with screenshots on the tutorials sub-forum to properly explain how to get this done? :confused1:

Thank you!! :confused1:

#54 JuMz

JuMz
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:12 PM

I used it with Full BTS Drivers packs (MassStorage and Nics), with no errors; it work on all my pc.
I'll test my build tomorrow at work on <> PC ans Servers.

Thank you! I look forward to your results!

#55 Myote

Myote

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:14 PM

Would you mind creating a quick step-by-step tutorial with screenshots on the tutorials sub-forum to properly explain how to get this done? :confused1:
Thank you!! :confused1:

Not easy with my poor English, but i do nothing special. I used the 'Vista Driver integrator' of CTV99 without modifying anything, at level2. I uncompressed the complete BTS pack Nics and Storage in their respectives folder under Drivers and I select this path (folder Drivers) in the script.
Built take long time, but no errors.
Like i said before, I'll test that tomorrow at work on some machines that I know there isn't standard drivers (Dell 1950 by exemple).

#56 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:58 PM

Don't worry about english - I'll help if needed and a good few screenshots are worth 1000 words.. :confused1:

#57 perry

perry
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:02 PM

HI my name is Gianluca and i'm writing from italy, this is my first post.....nice to meet all of you!! :-)
I'm trying to add nic driver to my win pe2 image, but the error when i try to do a "net use" is always the same:

"the workstation service has not been started"

This message compare only on a HP VECTRA VL400 (nic 3com built in) and ACER VERITON 7100 (nic INTEL built in); on an HP dc7600 (nic Broadcom) all workin' fine.

I've installed a 3com (3c905b) but the error is the same

i try to use the utility Addivers (downloaded from this forum) but the error is still the same.......someone can help me????

Thanx and sorry for my english

#58 xplod

xplod

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 158 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:14 PM

Don't worry about english - I'll help if needed and a good few screenshots are worth 1000 words.. :confused1:

Halo,

i will get this error:

Couldnot Install 12 Drivers

Can what is the path to drivers the source path or the destinbation path`?

xplod

#59 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:29 PM

HI my name is Gianluca and i'm writing from italy, this is my first post.....nice to meet all of you!! :-)
I'm trying to add nic driver to my win pe2 image, but the error when i try to do a "net use" is always the same:

"the workstation service has not been started"

This message compare only on a HP VECTRA VL400 (nic 3com built in) and ACER VERITON 7100 (nic INTEL built in); on an HP dc7600 (nic Broadcom) all workin' fine.

I've installed a 3com (3c905b) but the error is the same

i try to use the utility Addivers (downloaded from this forum) but the error is still the same.......someone can help me????

Thanx and sorry for my english

Hi GianLuca, welcome to boot land! :confused1:

Halo,

i will get this error:

Can what is the path to drivers the source path or the destinbation path`?

xplod

I'm working on this matter - but it might a bit longer to get a complete tutorial and a properly documented solution (unless someone also volunters to ge this done..)

:confused1:

#60 MichaelZ

MichaelZ

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 333 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:28 PM

I also had that error. IIRC this happens when there is a blank in a directory name, either in the WinBuilder path (e.g. C:\WinBuilder 068 Beta 6) or in the driver path (e.g. C:\WinBuilder068Beta6\Projects\VistaPE\My Apps\Drivers).

Many Greetings
MichaelZ

#61 xplod

xplod

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 158 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

Hallo Again,

go have some the link for me to the NetDriverPack?

Xplod

#62 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:33 PM

Look on the download section of this site.. :confused1:

#63 xplod

xplod

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 158 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:34 AM

Look on the download section of this site.. :confused1:

Thanks,

the download is not working. See:
Fatal error: Call to a member function generate_auto_log_in_key() on a non-object in /home/.fluke/nuno_brito/boot-land.net/forums/sources/classes/class_session.php on line 403

Xplod

#64 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:51 AM

That's strange - which browser are you using? :confused1:

No changes were done on the web portal recently and I can still acess it correctly..

Here is the direct link: http://www.boot-land...DriversPack.zip

:confused1:

#65 xtraildci

xtraildci

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:47 PM

I also had that error. IIRC this happens when there is a blank in a directory name, either in the WinBuilder path (e.g. C:\WinBuilder 068 Beta 6) or in the driver path (e.g. C:\WinBuilder068Beta6\Projects\VistaPE\My Apps\Drivers).

Many Greetings
MichaelZ

I also have this error and there is no blank in my directory name.
What is wrong ????

#66 InfinityoO

InfinityoO

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:33 AM

I also have this error and there is no blank in my directory name.
What is wrong ????

ok i tried following this thread but am lost.. where is the download link to the app.. and any documentation on how to go about adding drivers.. thx

#67 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:10 AM

ok i tried following this thread but am lost.. where is the download link to the app.. and any documentation on how to go about adding drivers.. thx

Hi InfinityoO,

Yeah. That thread got a bit tangled. Did you figure it out? If not...

1. Download "Drivers.rar" from http://ctv99.boot-land.net/
2. Create a new folder in "...\winbuilder\Projects\[WhateverVistaPEProject]\". Name the folder something other than "Drivers", so that it doesn't clash with a folder by the same name. For example: Create "C:\winbuilder\Projects\VistaPE-Beta\DriverIntegrator".
3. UnRar the downloaded file so that you end up with a file called "Drivers.script" and a folder called "Drivers" inside the new folder you created.
4. Add your drivers (which must include ".inf" files) to the "Drivers" SubFolder inside the "Drivers" Folder. (Man! I've got so many folders called "Drivers" around the place, it ain't funny. :cheers: )

For example: "C:\winbuilder\Projects\VistaPE-Beta\DriverIntegrator\Drivers\Drivers\KR10N\kr10n.inf, kr10n.cat, kr10n.sys, etc."

#68 InfinityoO

InfinityoO

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

thx man that was of great help

#69 DaemonForce

DaemonForce

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:[=D=] is online when I am.<br /><br />DaemonPE is 18% complete!<br />Latest ISO manufactured 25/09/2007
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

Is it a reasonable idea to add every possible driver you'll need for LAN and storage in WinPE? Does anyone here do that? :cheers:

I tried to get started with the LAN drivers but there are too many nuisances such as dynamic drivers that are named the same bloody thing as another model! :cheers:

Storage driver integration went much better though.

Is anyone encountering any driver incompatibilities? :cheers:

#70 powaking

powaking

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 238 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:52 PM

Is it a reasonable idea to add every possible driver you'll need for LAN and storage in WinPE? Does anyone here do that? :cheers:

I tried to get started with the LAN drivers but there are too many nuisances such as dynamic drivers that are named the same bloody thing as another model! :cheers:

Storage driver integration went much better though.

Is anyone encountering any driver incompatibilities? :cheers:

I'm having a hard time getting Broadcom NetXtreme gigabit drivers to work on a slew of machines (HP/Dell/IBM). Pretty much the same card but different UID's for the hardware.

#71 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:47 PM

Will this method work for the LiveXP and NativeEx Projects. A way that works to implement drivers into the build is another thing im looking forward to.

I've found out that it could be made to work knowing a few 'tricks':

http://www.911cd.net...o...st&p=141778
http://www.911cd.net...o...st&p=141825

Regards,
Galapo

#72 InfinityoO

InfinityoO

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:00 AM

hi can the BTS driver pack be used with this..i just need to use sum lan, storage and display drivers..pliease can anyone help me on how to do it.. THnaks

#73 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:24 AM

It can be used with VistaPE, but not with non-Vista projects: http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=30512

I assume you're meaning VistaPE, though. It can be used knowing that there is some limitation with the DPs in that some different drivers have the same driver file names so the one processed last will be the driver used I assume.

Regards,
Galapo.

#74 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

Albert from MSFN is working on a very interesting tool to expand the driver repository found on Vista DVD alongside with service pack and language integration.

Look here: http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=114365

Would the author be interested in releasing it as open source? :thumbsup:

#75 jezza333

jezza333

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:41 PM

I have tried to use absolute paths with no spaces in any of the folder structure [I used C:\Drivers to test - no luck]. I get the same errors as other members get:

Installed 0 Drivers

Installed 0 Drivers
Couldnot Install 1 Drivers

I've tried this tool on three entire Driverpack's worth of drivers. None were installed. Any suggestions chaps? :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users