#1 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:20 AM

hey,
i'm trying to make my own live xp cd and include a few plug-ins but it seems i do something wrong... after thousands of attempts and a few xp versions, i managed to build only a "Recommended" live cd.
what i'm trying to do is to integrate a few things like : winamp, yahoomessenger, skype, aol...
i started wtih aol 8.0 from here: http://www.oldversio...Online_8.0.html
i have downloaded and installed the software on actual os
I have downloaded the software from Galapo profile (first method) the one that comes with recommended plug-ins/scripts installed
then i went on Tools > Create Script > wrote the file name box "aol" then the bod from right

[main]
Title=aol
Description=aol
Selected=True
Level=5
Version=1

[variables]
%ProgramTitle%=aol
%ProgramEXE%=aol.exe
%ProgramFolder%=aol

[process]
Add_Shortcut
unpack

after this i have added files, browsed to program files > aol 8.0 then i have selected all the files and folders, and click on OPEN
then click on Create button
PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I DID SOMETHING WRONG OR INCOMPLETE UNTIL HRERE
Then i have closed and restarted the WinBuilder 077 RC 2 and tested the aol and i have this error...
AddVariables - File [%ActiveShell%] was not found!
I have also added the log file. Please help me with this. All the programs I try to compile give me this error when testing the scripts...
thanks in advance!

PS: I can't find the refresh button which must be pressed after creating a script?!? I never saw that button...

Attached Files

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:00 AM

I have downloaded the software from Galapo profile (first method) the one that comes with recommended plug-ins/scripts installed

Please also try 2nd method (in a fresh folder) :D.

after this i have added files, browsed to program files > aol 8.0 then i have selected all the files and folders

instead of this, pack all files (.7z) in program files > aol 8.0 to a 7z file ( America Online 8.0.7z ), click add button and only add "America Online 8.0.7z"

and use this:
[main]

Title=aol

Description=aol

Selected=True

Level=5

Version=1

[variables]

%ProgramTitle%=aol

%ProgramEXE%=aol.exe

%ProgramFolder%=aol

[process]

Add_Shortcut

unpack,,America Online 8.0.7z

AddVariables - File [%ActiveShell%] was not found!

I guess This error comes because you havent make a build yet (big blue play button) or cleaned the build .

PS: I can't find the refresh button which must be pressed after creating a script?!? I never saw that button...

On winbuilder Click "Tools" at right top, select "Options" and enable "Enable Refresh Button" than click red "X" at right up.

#3 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

hi Lancelot,
Thanks for your reply!
I did everything you said. First a fresh "recommended" copy, not compiled, added aol in 7z format, same error. Second time, a fresh copy of "recommended" wb. I made a compilation by pressing the play button. It worked fine, i could test the iso before burning, then i didn't burn the iso, and returned to project. I added aol in 7z format and tested. Surprise!!! no errors :D compiling again the project worked fine.
at the testing iso step the live cd started ok, went to start > apps > aol and the shortcut link was broken, but i have selected fix button and the shortcut was fixed.
Now if i try to start the aol application it won't start, and it gives me a warning message with low disk space. why?
i have 4gb of ram and 15 free on hdd when i made the live cd iso ....
also in my computer i can't see the actual hdd... i only see IMDISK (B:) (125mb free 120mb) and the cd rom with live xp Live Xp (X:) with 227mb and 0mb free...
IS IT NORMAL?
How can I add more free space... I am willing to burn this immage on a 4gb DVD.
How can I add drivers for stuff installed on actual machine? I want to add video drivers, wireless network and other things ? Is this possible? How can i see the hard disk with live cd ?

Thanks again for your time!

#4 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

Now if i try to start the aol application it won't start, and it gives me a warning message with low disk space. why?

Because you have no free space on the system drive (the CD).

i have 4gb of ram and 15 free on hdd when i made the live cd iso ....

The past doesn't matter.

also in my computer i can't see the actual hdd... i only see IMDISK (B:) (125mb free 120mb) and the cd rom with live xp Live Xp (X:) with 227mb and 0mb free...
IS IT NORMAL?

It happens. You need the driver. Try clicking the Build button in XP Live CD \ Drivers \ 4 Storage \ Build DP's Mass Storage Drivers, select the DP's Mass Storage Drivers script, and build. If that fails we'll need the exact make model number of your HD controller.

How can I add more free space... I am willing to burn this immage on a 4gb DVD.

You need File Based Write Filter (FBWF). I don't know a good place to get it; I'm using an old version that I dug up somewhere, long ago. It has limitations on how much "writable space" you can have on your CD.

Using the BootSDI script instead of FBWF can also give you some free space.

How can I add drivers for stuff installed on actual machine? I want to add video drivers, wireless network and other things ? Is this possible?

You can try XP Live CD \ Drivers \ Other \ Driver Import PE. That can often install drivers after booting the CD, from the target machine. There may be a script for adding drivers from the local system at build time, but I don't know where it is.

#5 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

aol and the shortcut link was broken,

Pack the content of the aol folder (select all and 7z ..), here is an example http://img16.imagesh...026/snap1lu.png

#6 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:32 AM

how can i add a specific driver? let's say i want to have installed my ati video card or my wifi card? i have the drivers but how can i add them to the live cd?

#7 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

Hi tataee

we mainly focus on mass storage drivers and ethernet drivers. For others you need to learn how to write a script. Personally I use DriverImportPE to add my gpu and sound drivers when(if ;)) i need them.

Also you can "try" penetwork option to add drivers, click this button and copy drivers there, User responsible for test results, Author of penetwork (holger) supports "only" ethernet(nic) drivers. Users can also try adding other drivers than nic with this method but keep in mind it is only a trial, if fails than time to write your own driver script.

"expand the memory of the free space"
You pmed me that you you get error "combination doesnt work", well i cant know the combination you are tryin without the crystal ball i dont have :D
Follow this:
1) Delete \LiveXP\Finish\2 Create Image\BootSDI.script
2) Open winbuilder, click download and download bootsdi.script again (and if there are new updates, download them too :D)
3) \LiveXP\Basic\Build\DefineBootsector==>select grub4dos
4) Enable \LiveXP\Drivers\5 Ramdisk\FiraDisk
5) Enable \LiveXP\Finish\2 Create Image\BootSDI.script
6) On gui of BootSDI script you will notice Free Space with 24, increase only this number, lets say 100

Make a build, when you boot you will have 100MB free space on X:

;)

#8 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hi Lancelot,
I got a fresh copy of live-xp-recommended file extracted, then i went on projects\livexp\finish\2 create image and deleted BootSDI.script
i opened winbuilder, then download, and clicked the download button, i didn't check any other boxes around there. It was selected the Recommended option for download. it downloaded around 12-13mb of files...
then i did the other steps:
3) \LiveXP\Basic\Build\DefineBootsector==>selected grub4dos
4) Enable \LiveXP\Drivers\5 Ramdisk\FiraDisk (checked)
5) Enable \LiveXP\Finish\2 Create Image\BootSDI.script (checked)
6) On gui of BootSDI script you will notice Free Space with 24, increased to 100mb

then i pressed the green play button to test the script and it gives me another error:
"CopyOrExpand - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Source\I386\DMADMIN.EX_] to: [%BaseDir%\Temp\LiveXP\hddimageCMD\DMADMIN.EXE]: The system cannot find the path specified."

i have attached the log file

Attached Files

#9 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

another thing, if i try to build the live cd by pressing the blue play button, at step 3 it gives me an error... it opens a notepad and it tells this:

Generated by psc program 'WBVerify' version 2.2.3
Date: 2009-Oct-04 17:31:22

[Counts]
Missing=0
Obsolete=6
Errors=1
Warnings=0

Obsolete: \Projects\LiveXP\Drivers\6 Other\xpe_directx.script
Obsolete: \Projects\LiveXP\Drivers\5 Other\xpe-pnp-aio.script
Obsolete: \Projects\LiveXP\Drivers\5 Other\HwPnP.script
Obsolete: \Projects\LiveXP\Drivers\5 Ramdisk\vFiraDisk.Script
Obsolete: \Projects\LiveXP\Drivers\5 Other\DrvImpe.script
Obsolete: \Projects\LiveXP\Drivers\5 Other\AddRemoveUpperFilters.script

Errors:
"Using BootSDI with grub4dos as bootsector requires enabling eith Win2k3_Ramdisk or FiraDisk scripts"

i also attached the error log

Attached Files

#10 oriensol

oriensol

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 216 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:01 PM

@tataee

It looks like you have not started in a clean directory. Otherwise, you would not have both 5 Other and 6 other at the same time.

Can you please start in a clean NEW directory with nothing in it?

Thanks.

#11 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

ok, i got a new folder with clean winbuilder-recomended inside.
i deleted the bootsdi.script, then i made the download again. i also donwnloaded other filed from recommended package. On download window i only have checked this web source: http://livexp.boot-land.net.
it downoaded 12.95mb
i have selected the source folder which is the actual xp cd drive.
i made the changes that Lancelot said:
Follow this:
1) Delete \LiveXP\Finish\2 Create Image\BootSDI.script
2) Open winbuilder, click download and download bootsdi.script again (and if there are new updates, download them too wink.gif)
3) \LiveXP\Basic\Build\DefineBootsector==>select grub4dos
4) Enable \LiveXP\Drivers\5 Ramdisk\FiraDisk
5) Enable \LiveXP\Finish\2 Create Image\BootSDI.script
6) On gui of BootSDI script you will notice Free Space with 24, increase only this number, lets say 100
and when i try to make the xplive cd i have 1 error
see attached log for error

Attached Files

#12 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

The problem here is that you try to run a single script separated from the project.

The complete project must at least built once, in order do have all necessary variables defined and necessary files like projectinfo.ini having built.

Peter

#13 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

@psc
Thanks a lot i will try that :D

@tataee

I got a fresh copy of live-xp-recommended file extracted, then i went on projects\livexp\finish\2 create image and deleted BootSDI.script
i opened winbuilder, then download, and clicked the download button

Everything seems mixed up :D

As a result: (which also pointed by oriensol)
obsolute warnings moved or deleted the script you enabled to another location which cause another error:

Errors:
"Using BootSDI with grub4dos as bootsector requires enabling eith Win2k3_Ramdisk or FiraDisk scripts"

Okey, lets fix the mixture now:
put winbuilder in an empty folder, double click, select server, make the download :D (do NOT extract any copy before or after,)
After that, follow post 1763 instructure with an additional step 7)
7) On gui of BootSDI script change Image Type: to Super Floppy.

I hope now success
;)

And an important note:

then i pressed the green play button to test the script and it gives me another error:
"CopyOrExpand - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Source\I386\DMADMIN.EX_] to: [%BaseDir%\Temp\LiveXP\hddimageCMD\DMADMIN.EXE]: The system cannot find the path specified."

All sources I know have dmadmin file, since your dont, This shows you dont use a decent source, a decent source is not modified (not nlited, nothing added, etc).
I add step 7) as a temporary fix of your specific undecent source. I strickly advice you to find an untouched source of xpsp2 or xpsp3 or 2k3sp1 or 2k3sp2

@all
I try to update the package 2 days ago but it seems impossible, 1st possible reason boot-land has heavy weekend traffic :D 2nd possible my connection got bad ;), I will try again today

#14 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:33 PM

@psc
i can't build the project because it gives me errors, this is why i test the script without any project built.
i'll try what Lancelot said with the super floppy ... hope this will work :D

#15 oriensol

oriensol

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 216 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

@tataee

Please check your source cd also - as pointed out by Lancelot.

#16 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

@ Lancelot
what do you mean by this?

" (do NOT extract any copy before or after,) "

@oriensol

i have used the same source cd before, without using bootsdi.script and it worked fine... ( in other project which is deleted now)

#17 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:38 PM

@psc
i can't build the project because it gives me errors, this is why i test the script without any project built.
i'll try what Lancelot said with the super floppy ... hope this will work :D

Or first try to do a 'fragmented' build wich defines the necessary variables and files:

In WinBuilder, click Tools > Options and uncheck 'Stop Build on Error' in the lower right.

Peter

#18 oriensol

oriensol

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 216 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:41 PM

@ Lancelot

@oriensol

i have used the same source cd before, without using bootsdi.script and it worked fine... ( in other project which is deleted now)

1. Lancelot means - do not do anything not stated by him :D
2. You might have used the cd before, but if you are using BootSDI with HDD Image (255/63) you need a really 'complete' cd. That is why, Lancelot has suggested to use 'SuperFloppy'.

Hope this helps.

#19 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

@ Lancelot

This is the main reason of your failures :D

When somebody says "fresh copy" about winbuilder projects, s(h)e means (s)he downloaded using winbuilder to an empty folder.
What you did is, you first extract an old copy of livexp-recommended and than make the updates with winbuilder. As a result you dont get a "fresh copy" but a mixture which cause troubles.

I will update the old copy very soon (due to possibilty and if possible due to connection speed :D). But for now I hope you learned the right way of getting a "fresh copy" :D

One more comment addition: Errors with undecent sources are random :D

#20 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:57 PM

@Lancelot
sorry about the fresh copy thing :D i didn't want to confuse anyone.

i tried again another way...

i got extracted the xp-live-recomended archaive to new folder, made all the updates recommended, then i made all the modifications regarding bootsdi.
including the super floppy thing, and i get the same error:
Date: 2009-Oct-04 18:44:12

[Counts]
Missing=0
Obsolete=6
Errors=1
Warnings=0

Errors:
i close the notepad with the error log, and it asks again for surce cd, and start over, then it gives me the same error without obsolete wors, and it stops then.
i will attach the error log to this post.
i'm facing a lot of errors for 2 days trying to use this bootsdi.script :D(((

meanwhile i'll try the fresh way: get the winbuilder.exe downloaded from server, moved to new folde, and download the recommended updates...

Attached Files

#21 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

and i get the same error:
Date: 2009-Oct-04 18:44:12

[Counts]
Missing=0
Obsolete=6
Errors=1
Warnings=0

Errors:

As i wrote before, You wont get these errors after you try "fresh way" :D

#22 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:08 PM

@Lancelot,
i have downloaded winbuilder.exe from Galapo signature (method2)
now it's downloading the updates. I only made the recommended selection.
I hope this will solve the problem with bootsdi.script because i had enough of this script causing errors :D
i'll get back with results
thanks to all for replies!!!

#23 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:15 PM

Yes i know, sorry for the troubles so far.
Verrrrry recently LiveXP change its structure slightly and the package should be updated, but as i wrote before i failed updating due to connection problems.
Now making the update (20 minutes ellapsed, 57 minutes left) :D

Besides, Best way is always getting fresh copy with winbuilder download when available. Packages are mostly for the users who have slow connection which are updated once a month or after a critical change.

Waiting good news from you :D

#24 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

yep, the connection it's a problem, downloads here with 50k/s a normal download works 500k/s for external download, and for national download up to 5mb/s :D
I think you were right Lancelot with the bootsdi.script... it just finished the download, made the changes to the bootsdi as you told me first time, then i selected the super floppy thing (but forgot to specify 100 mb instead of 24mb:D) i'll make that change later, anyway i want to have around 3gb free space since this project will be down on dvd.
the build passed now the third step, where the errors were anonced, and it's at step 40/87 :D hope this will work smooth trough finish
thanks for your help :D :D ;)
Once i have this issue solved i'd like to know how to add hdd sata drivers, because my computer uses intel ahci controllers...
then i would like to add the video driver, which is a ati mobility hd... and finally the sound which is a realtek hd dolby digital...
;)

#25 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:56 PM

well IT WORKS!!!! that's very cool!!! Thanks Lancelot Thanks all who replied to my posts and helped to succeed :D

Now to move to the next issues, i need to install sata/raid controllers for intel...
i have the files with drivers. 6 files *.sys *.inf *.cat and one *.OEM
how can i integrate this files int live cd?
then i want to install sound driver which is realtek, i also have the driver files.

Waiting for asnwers

Thanks in advance!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users