thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:computers<br />mechanics<br />distortion<br /><br />
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:01 AM

I put together scripts for TrueImage Server/Enterprise Server and Disk Director that are working nicely. Tests were done using the Windows XP SP2.
Enjoy!

TrueImage Enterprise Server 9.1
DiskDirector Suite 10

revised, Aug. 07

[attached]

Posted Image

Attached Files

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4204 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:52 AM

Thanks for taking the time to release the script.

recommend to edit post to tell the user what version of the Acronis Application they are.

#3 scankurban

scankurban

• Advanced user
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:50 AM

Thanks your acronis script its working for me.I'm so happy!
With NativeEx project desktop shortcuts are not visible.How can i fix it?
Thanks

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:26 PM

Use this as example:

IniRead,&#34;%ProjectInfo%&#34;,&#34;TargetStrings&#34;,&#34;sProgram_Files&#34;,%WorkDir%

Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,&#34;DE&#34;,&#34;#$pSystemDrive#$p\%workDir%\dixml\dixml.exe&#34;,&#34;DriveImage XML&#34;

Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,&#34;SM&#34;,&#34;#$pSystemDrive#$p\%workDir%\dixml\dixml.exe&#34;,&#34;DriveImage XML&#34;

Inside the %projectinfo% file you find all sort of paths adapted to your regional settings, in this case we need the value sProgram_Files, the next run commands will add desktop (DE) and Start Menu (SM) shortcuts.

This is well explained in an html file that you find inside the buildmodel script.

You can also use the newer driveImageXML (dixml) as example for this task..

:P

#5 scankurban

scankurban

• Advanced user
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:13 PM

Thanks your advice
Added this line into diskdirector script

Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"DE","#$pSystemDrive#$p\Programs\DD10\DiskDirector.exe","DiskDirector"

Desktop shortcut ok but icon not visible until when i double clicked.
I'm looking other scripts for example like pe network script.Almost same (it has checkbox).May be its about programs folder or ewf script,not sure but i'm still trying

#6 Dani S

Dani S

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Industrial/EBM, Funker Vogt, Windows Servers, ASP.NET, custom boot disks
  •  
    Canada

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:09 PM

Does anyone know if this is compatible with PE 2.0?

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:21 PM

Desktop shortcut ok but icon not visible until when i double clicked.
I'm looking other scripts for example like pe network script.Almost same (it has checkbox).May be its about programs folder or ewf script,not sure but i'm still trying

I'm checking this issue since a long time. At some (languages) systems the icons are visible just at boot time, on others after the first use.
Maybe it depends on differnt languages in host PC / setup CD.
But that's not true because it also seems to happen in some foreign languages where both are identical.

@All: If you have this behaviour, PM (not post, that is boring for other people)
  • your .log
  • the contents of %projectDir%\Temp
  • a %TargetDir% directory image
  • the full programs path of your host PC
%TargetDir% directory image:
  • Open a CMD window
  • cd to %TargetDir%
  • dir /s > mydir.txt
    (generates mydir.txt, which I need)
Peter

#8 Areyu_Moritii

Areyu_Moritii

• .script developer
  • 65 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:48 PM

Is there anyway to add Universal Restore to the Acronis True Image scripts?

#9 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:10 PM

To answer a couple questions...

Does anyone know if this is compatible with PE 2.0?

Yes Acronis Products will work in PE 2.0. Will these scripts work with Nightman's or your PE 2.0? I don't know. Afew paths may need to be ajusted. The scripts I posted were done when WinBldr was in version 53. See the current DriveImage XML script for a clean shortcut example with whatever version WB you're using. Nightman has an acronis script which I believe adds both TI & DD and is intended for use with his PE 2.0 project, VistPE.

Is there anyway to add Universal Restore to the Acronis True Image scripts?

Yes. You may PM me. I'll also post more info in a bit.

#10 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:28 AM

In short the sorty with UR for TrueImage is that you must use the actual retail product to use this feature. The TrueImage script here was made for the modified PE version which, for basic tasks, outperforms it's full counterpart. Furthermore, it's much smaller and requires fewer registry entries. However, the full version will also mounts .tib image files. :P Actually, it' should't be difficult to write the script. I already have a reduced retail version .inf which drops the media builder and remote install which is working well with pebuilder.

#11 dietlmann

dietlmann

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:59 AM

Hello,

i have done some eperiments with Disk Director under PE-build. First it seems to work fine, but after Resizing partitions it failed to Synchronising operating system and I cannot reboot the WinXP-system on the machine. Finally after rebuilding the MBRcode with mbrfix-tool the system boots normal again.

Does anyone known the problem with Synchronising operating system?

Sorry for my english,
dietlmann

#12 Areyu_Moritii

Areyu_Moritii

• .script developer
  • 65 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:41 AM

Did you try with the UpperFilters script as suggested in the original post? Also, is this only with resizing partitions or does this effect all DD operations?

#13 dietlmann

dietlmann

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:21 AM

Did you try with the UpperFilters script as suggested in the original post? Also, is this only with resizing partitions or does this effect all DD operations?

No, I don't try the UpperFilters.script. What is the effect of it?

The "synchronising failed" problem is after any DD operation. But after Resizing (in this special situation) the MBRcode can't find the operating sytem partition an failed to boot.

Greets
dietlmann

#14 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:47 PM

You're very smart to use MBRwiz to repair the problem and I'm sorry you and others have this trouble. If you answer no to the reboot question it usually finishes the job. However.. we don't want the reboot prompt at all. For the best chance of success, download the most recent script from within winbuilder, see my project in downloads, and good luck. Btw, the new version will not work with this project yet. Please report on use of earlier versions of DD.

#15 dietlmann

dietlmann

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:12 PM

OK,
it seems to be too much experimental for me.
Is there any usual (safer) way to resize harddisk partitions under PE-Boot.?

dietlmann

#16 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:48 AM

I tried this Disk Director script and noticed:
when open my target registry hives with RegEditWB
in the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WB-Setup\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WB-Setup\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}
the 'snapman' is present in 'UpperFilters'
and the 'txtsetup.sif' looks correct
but when run my iso in emulator 'snapman' is not present in 'UpperFilters'
nor in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\
{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} (only 'PartMgr' appear)
nor in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\
{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} (only 'VolSnap' appear)

has anybody experience such issue or it is not problem at all?

#17 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:52 PM

Problem solved
problem caused by the USB Mass Storage Devices script (USBSupport.Script)

#18 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:53 PM

MMC (in my project) can be used for some disk editing, though not resizing.

#19 dietlmann

dietlmann

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:30 AM

Problem solved
problem caused by the USB Mass Storage Devices script (USBSupport.Script)

Hello dera,

since I integrated Acronis products support in my PE-Build, the USB Mass Storage Devices script will not work fine. USB Devices must now connect to pc during the boot process, otherwise the USB-Drives are not find.

dietlmann

#20 Jagutherrschaften

Jagutherrschaften
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

Script for DD10 unfortunately doesn´t work for me. I copied the 4 necessary files to the acronis-files directory and get 18 errors:

Errors
[Failed] IniRead - Failed to find file: [%ProjectInfo%]
[Failed] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\App\File#$sTools\acronis-filess\parter.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Program#$sFiles\DD10\]
[Failed] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\App\File#$sTools\acronis-files\snapman.sys] to: [%TargetSys32%\drivers\]
[Failed] RegHiveLoad - Failed to load registry hive: [WB-software] From file: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\i386\system32\config\software]
[Failed] RegHiveLoad - Failed to load registry hive: [WB-setup] From file: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\i386\system32\setupreg.hiv]
[Failed] RegWrite - Failed to write REG key in root key: [HKLM] Type: [0x1] Section [WB-software\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\MAIN] key [Password= 16 85 56 85 37 85 33 85 44 85 5 85 52 85 38 85 38 85 34 85 58 85 39 85 49 85..]
[Failed] RegWrite - Failed to write REG key in root key: [HKLM] Type: [0x1] Section [WB-software\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\Settings] key [key= 18 4109 12 99120103 96 5 13 19120108 4 2 22 6120 22 5 98 31 4120 31103 5 31 24..]
[Failed] RegWrite - Failed to write REG key in root key: [HKLM] Type: [0x7] Section [WB-setup\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}] key [UpperFilters=PartMgr..]
[Failed] RegWrite - Failed to write REG key in root key: [HKLM] Type: [0x7] Section [WB-setup\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}] key [UpperFilters=snapman..]
[Failed] RegWrite - Failed to write REG key in root key: [HKLM] Type: [0x1] Section [WB-setup\ControlSet001\Services\ASPI32] key [ExcludeMiniports=..]
[Failed] RegWrite - Failed to write REG key in root key: [HKLM] Type: [0x4] Section [WB-setup\ControlSet001\Services\snapman] key [ErrorControl=1..]
[Failed] RegWrite - Failed to write REG key in root key: [HKLM] Type: [0x2] Section [WB-setup\ControlSet001\Services\snapman] key [ImagePath=system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys..]
[Failed] RegWrite - Failed to write REG key in root key: [HKLM] Type: [0x1] Section [WB-setup\ControlSet001\Services\snapman] key [DisplayName=Acronis Snapshots Manager..]
[Failed] RegWrite - Failed to write REG key in root key: [HKLM] Type: [0x4] Section [WB-setup\ControlSet001\Services\snapman] key [Start=0..]
[Failed] RegWrite - Failed to write REG key in root key: [HKLM] Type: [0x4] Section [WB-setup\ControlSet001\Services\snapman] key [Type=1..]
[Failed] RegHiveUnLoad - Failed to unload registry hive: [WB-software] [Failed] RegHiveUnLoad - Failed to unload registry hive: [WB-setup]
[Failed] Run - Failed to find section [Process-log] in file: [%ScriptLog%]

18 errors occured!

Maybe someone could help me, I am a real noob in such things.
Thanks a lot.

Edit: I found the first mistake myself, it is an error in the script (\File#$sTools\acronis-filess), one s too much.

#21 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:05 AM

No problem - I think you're using a script that was designed to run only on nativeEx based projects (livexp, nativeEx, nativePE)

You should ask on the vistape forums for a script that works on vistaPE or try to adapt this one to work under vistaPE.

Scripts are different because they look for different paths and have a different build method - that's the reason why it can't find %ProjectInfo%] - it's nativeEx specific..

:yahoo:

#22 Areyu_Moritii

Areyu_Moritii

• .script developer
  • 65 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:58 AM

Check here for VistaPE compatible Aconis TI & DD scripts.

http://vistape.boot-...ng/plugins.html

Should be the first or second script download on the page.

#23 Haiphong

Haiphong

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:30 PM

Check here for VistaPE compatible Aconis TI & DD scripts.

http://vistape.boot-...ng/plugins.html

Should be the first or second script download on the page.

Hello Areyu_Moritii and Nuno_Brito,

I use this Script and after 3 days of Tests, Acronis Script don't work for me !!! In fact, I don't know where is the Source origin of Files and Directories to copy :

1) Is-it, where Acronis is intalled, i.e. "D:\Program Files\Acronis\Partition Suite" ==> French Version of Disk Director 10 and "\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome" for True Image 10.

2) Is-there, where Acronis is functional on my "WinXPE" (BartPE), i.e. "E:\WinXPE-Programs\Acronis" for
True Image 10 and "E:\WinXPE-Programs\DD10" for disk director 10

What I have to modify in this Plugin ?
I don't understand this line in the Script :

ReghiveUnload,Tmp_software TXTAddLine,%ES%,"!CD\%DestDir%TrueImage.exe, disk Tools\Acronis True Image Entreprise.lnk, !CD%DestDir%", "Append"

I has tested also the Script of "Thunn", but nothing want to work !!!

I'm truely "Newbie" and I need your Help !!!

Thanks !!!

#24 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

Hi Haiphong - don't worry about posting newbie questions - we're here to help.

First thing you need to notice is that you should be careful when using scripts from different projects.

- VistaPE works only with VistaPE scripts

- LiveXP, NativeEx and NativePE (thuun's project) can usually share scripts with each others since they use nativeEx as base

-------------------------------------------

If you're using the script for vistape mentioned here

Then you should create a new subfolder where your acronis script is place and name it as "acronis"

You can find some commands pointing in this direction - look here:
FileCopy,&#34;%ScriptDir%\acronis\snapapi.dll&#34;,&#34;%VistaTemp%\Windows\System32&#34;

The above command will try to copy acronis\snapapi.dll from the acronis subfolder the System32 folder of vistape

%scriptDir% - is the folder where your script is placed.

--------------------------------------------
ReghiveUnload,Tmp_software 

TXTAddLine,....., &#34;Append&#34;

The code you posted are two separated commands - the first will unload an hive that had the name "Tmp_software" while the second command will "append" a text line on some text file.

In resume:

Copy all files from your acronis files from the bartPE folder to a new subfolder and use the script for vistaPE which is the correct one to use for your case.

We're working to make these things follow a standard and easier way to be created, please wait until this is possible to be used here.

These vistape scripts are a bit hard for people just starting fresh but in most cases we do things in a much more simple way.

Hope this makes more sense, good luck! :yahoo:

#25 Haiphong

Haiphong

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:41 AM

In resume:

Copy all files from your acronis files from the bartPE folder to a new subfolder and use the script for vistaPE which is the correct one to use for your case.

Hello Nuno_Brito,

I don't understand !!!

I have my Acronis "BartPE" Programs in a Directoy named : "\WinXPE-Programs\Acronis".
Have I to copy "\WinXPE-Programs\Acronis\*.*" to "..\Projects\VistaPE\App\Acronis" ?
And add the Script ""Acronis.scrip" ?

Is this right ?

Thanks for your Help !!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users