#1 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

Driver Import PE (dipe)
from Kare (boot land nick: CD-RW)
Posted Image

__Driver Import PE is a program which runs only in a PE environment (BartPE, UBCD4Win, SherpyaXP, LiveXP, etc). It's intention is to install drivers to the PE so as to get functioning devices be they networking, mass storage, sound, graphics, etc.
Now your PE can still get working devices even if the PE is built without the necessary drivers!
Thanks to: Lancelot to dps support (massstorage controller), Sbond for the nice graphic design, Galapo and dera for testing and giving Sigmatel support

Greetings
-kare-

Thank you again Kare for your hard work in developing Driver Import PE -- it is a real breakthrough!

Edit: Driver Import PE is commercial now. Author (Kare) let boot-land (post 329) to distribute last free edition (which is still the best :cheers:), hence available on LiveXP. Personally Thanks to Kare. Life goes :cheers:

Drivers may be installed to the PE system from:
- "System (OS) on HD" (ie, the offline system residing on the computer if one exists)
- "Folder (Inf-File)": File "OEM drivers" from specified location (harddisk, usb, network, etc.)
- "Folder (Inf-File)": DriverPacks .7z archives or .zip archives (put 7za.exe to the same folder with dipe) ( DPS packages Web ) ***dps packages not fully supported for now but works nicely in most cases, support will be added in time.

Note: PE must have writable %SystemDrive% which may be achieved by adding FBWF (for CD-based PE) or SDI (for ram-image-based PE).

pebuilder plugin (BartPE, UBCD4win, XPE, SherpyaXPE, ...) may be downloaded from here (dipe went to commercial, now NOT available)
WinBuilder script may be downloaded from here
**'Driver Import PE' is now in LiveXP, you can enable it in section: Drivers->6 Other->Driver Import PE

http://www.kare-net.de
http://www.kare-net.de/Plugins.htm

Some features of Driver Import PE (dipe)
--------------------------------
- Support sounddrivers, (includes hdaudio)
- Works with a new device installer, code by myself, now without hwpnp
- globetrotter subdriver (umts driver for lan)
- support to drivers that use "Program Files" folder (Any language %programfiles%)
- check subdriver on manual inf import (ex: hdaudio)
- Driver check (manual) os type, (When "System (OS) on HD" method selected, you see hostoses name(s) on disk(s))
- Coinstaller improved (sigmatel)
- command line support
--- fbwf start support:
if fbwf exists but not started, drvimpe.exe starts fbwf automatically with default %12.5 ram (130MB limited)
if you have fbwf and you want to start dipe with more percent, you can also use dipe with parameter to start:
ex:
drvimpe.exe -f:40 --> %40 (130MB limited, on a 2GB pc with drvimpe.exe 40 you will get 130MB on %systemdrive%)
---Some other cmd line support examples:
drvimpe.exe {-parameter1 -parameter2...}
{-i:} (optional %ufd% to search only ufd, check examples) supports single files, packed files and folder (.Inf .7z, .zip, .rar) supports Variables (%systemdrive%, %ufd%)
{-f:} (fbwf ratio, default %12.5)
{-h:} (start hide, default not selected)
drvimpe.exe -i:"%systemdrive%\lan.inf"
drvimpe.exe -i:"%systemdrive%\lan.7z"
drvimpe.exe -i:"c:\My folder\"
drvimpe.exe -i:"%ufd%\my lan\lan.7z"
drvimpe.exe -i:"%ufd%\my lan\lan.7z" -h
drvimpe.exe -i:"%ufd%\my lan\lan.7z" -f:25
drvimpe.exe -i:"%ufd%\my lan\lan.7z" -f:25 -h

- Warning for bus drivers with "driver need busdriver"
- Support for packed files (.7z, .zip)
( ps: Try with DPS packages, Dipe search on .7z packed file is quite fast and works with all manufacturer hwids for now, full support will be added in future)
- Note for frequently asked Nvidia Lan drivers: with "System (OS) on HDD" method you can install at once with selecting Nvidia Lan driver from list. With "Folder inf" method you should first install bus driver than maindriver.
- and many improvements....

How packed file support works:
-----------------------
Driver Import PE needs the commandline tool 7za.exe to decompress the packet.
7za.exe must be in the same folder with dipe.
The install of a dps going in to two steps.
-1st pass decompress the inf-structure and 2nd pass decompress after the choosing the driver.
A temporary folder created and used B:\dps and deleted after process. So using a little memory.

Lancelot Note: DPS forum.driverpacks.net announcement

Driver Forge Boot
It is the 2nd utility to mention to Add driver to livexp after boot ,
Driver Forge Boot wasnt made to install drivers to PE env, but works fine now with LiveXP by greeeaaaat help from dera, and thanks a lot to galapo.
Driver Import PE is more specialized for PE env and have great futures.
please check the links for Driver Forge for additional info.

Posted Image

Driver Forge DPS set scripts - Lancelot
Driver Forge Boot Land
Driver Forge Main Site

Keeping in mind that Driver Forge was not made for PE environment, here are some features:
*Uses Device Manager to install driver. So if you can install a driver with device manager, you can install with dforge too.
ps: some other methods added and removed in time
*Easy to use interface
*---Can not add all drivers (especially mass storage) driver to PE (no problem with intel based drivers on PE) (no problem on Windows as windows will reboot)
*---Extracts all .7z archive to search and install drivers (be carelful when used with dps packages, extract to hd in case package is too big)
*---Do not have special features to install drivers for PE so some drivers may eventually fail to install to PE environment
*+++Automatic features can be used with modifying .ini files (which i like most)
I like to use dforge for lan drivers with dps package, i prepare a ini file for that so after clickin dforge it automatically searchs and installs the lan driver.
Also i prepare other dforge packs for my Tv card and GPU (yep it works with nvidia 8500gt) so with one click they are installed.
Also during trials for drivers, i prepare a script so it is easier to make a trial.

ps: Dforge needs right language title when someone use this settings on windows (not on PE). (--Language dependent)
Check_For_Wizard_Title=Found New Hardware Wizard

zPNP
We need to mention this 3rd utility from nikzzzz. It is introduced after a loong time this topic created.
Home page here
http://www.boot-land...?...ic=8846&hl=
An introduction from maanu here
http://www.boot-land...?...ic=9994&hl=

All 3 applications (dipe, zPNP, dforge) have autoinstall functions, Since i did not test for zPNP deeply for comparision and nikzzzz not writing an introduction for advantages/disadvantages no comment :cheers:.

Ex Utilities (psc)
hostNIC:
Adds LAN driver from host to PE environment. Available on LiveXP
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=3545
hostDrivers:
Expands the function of hostNIC but requires improvments

Here is something users pay attention when adding Graphics drivers:

I use DP_Graphics_A_wnt5_x86-32_8102.7z to add my graphics driver
After importing
in display properties color number decreased to 4
http://img357.images...28081757he1.png

i click Advanced and than OK and OK
http://img98.imagesh...pressokanf6.png

Than again open display properties,
choose 32bit and resolution 1024x768 (my personal choice)
http://img388.images...openpropal3.png

And click OK, now GPU working with full power.

ps: Dont forget to increase frequency (if needed), my choice is 85hz (analog monitor)

I hope there will be better solution in next versions of dipe :>. For now this is the manual solution.

ps: Solution added to LiveXP with setresolution script, so all done automatically with LiveXP now

FBWF plugin for BartPE:
download modified plugin from Thuun
I uncomment lines from Thunn plugin, and add AUTORUN0FBWFLDR.CMD for startup.
I set %30 for startup
Put required files to \files\ folder: fbwf.sys and fbwflib.dll (I tested with fbwf.sys 2.0.965.0 and 2.0.965.0)
** WARNING: From experience fbwf cant write more than ~130mb. So if you have 330mb freespace on X:, you can write only 130mb

BartPE:
fbwf plugin is enough alone

UBCD4Win:
fbwf plugin and
you need to copy EMPTYREGDB.DAT (get it from a xp32bit installed computer) to the build of PE \I386\SYSTEM32
download mini EMPTYREGDB_Plugin

SherpyaXPE:
fbwf plugin is enough alone
if you prepare properly (look inside xpe.inf), EMPTYREGDB.DAT comes with sherpya. If not download mini EMPTYREGDB_Plugin

:cheers: well i use livexp, life is easier with livexp :cheers:

Mini Tutorial from Amalux (post 190) that shows how to test Ethernet driver with dipe:
1)
Run SmartDriverBackup (with your 32bit windows) and select View --> View all drivers and de-select all but the one(s) you need and save these to your to hdd.:
Posted Image
2)
Build LiveXP with enableing DriverImportPE, Than boot cd with LiveXP:
Run Dipe and choose import from folder (.inf) method
Posted Image
3)
Browse to your driver backup and select the .inf
Posted Image
4)
If the driver shows good, just click Import Driver and wait for final result.
Posted Image
After DriverImportPE wraps up, you'll need to run PENetwork and hopefully get an active connection, you can test in Opera. Good luck!

User Reports/Demands for Driver Import PE:
Issue:
1) GPU driver adding - set resoulution script features for adding gpu would be nice for dipe too
- Example: post 103 - gpu adding (as reported with trials by Nvidia 8500gt) can be simpler (post 107 galapo offers set resolution script and now issue is fixed automatically with setresolution script)
2) ATI Mobility x1400 cause Bsod with livexp
- post 108 - Installing ATI Mobility x1400 graphics driver from host OS produces bsod (stop 0x000000F4 error)
- post 111 - Installing ATI Mobility x1400 graphics driver from dps produces BSOD with DriverPack Gaphics A. HWID of device is PCI\Ven_1002&Dev_7145

#2 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

Old 1st Topic: Adding driver after boot (not before)
Old 1st Topic Description: all mass storage drivers may not be in livexp

Old 1st post:

Shortly:
Is there a way to add hardware driver after booting livexp from .img (all livexp in .img file + with empty space) ?????

I tried device manager of livexp (made seach), but it didnt show the unloaded drivers so i cant add a new one.

Longly:
Here is the scenario:
1) Imagine, i go to a computer with a hd but booting from livexp coulnt see the drive 'cause of not having hwid or files implemented.
2) I have the drivers of this hardware on floopy/usb stick, which can be accesed from livexp.

Wont it be nice to start livexp and add devicedrivers manually to access disks?
(or maybe there is sth for that i coulnt find)

My Experience:
i had my experince of not seeing my ICH8 82801HB ahci enabled disks from livexp,
in real windows to add this driver, i find the yellow question mark of not loaded storage driver,
i point it to the drivers from intel,
as it doesnt have hwid of my "ICH8 82801HB ahci" in .inf, it dont do operation automatically giving a list to select, than a warning of "are you sure"
i select ich9,
and it works fine.

Thanks to galapo a loooooot, so that i solved my "ICH8 82801HB ahci" problem and learned things about hwids etc. (hwid added to dpsmass storage package)
http://www.boot-land...5129#entry39193

With living this experience in mind, i try to find a general method to use as adding driver after boot, but i coulnt find (also i looked for that sometime before for vistape too but coulnt find there again).

maybe i missed sth???

Any idea? (all ideas will be tested as quick as possible)

I've tried getting this to work before. devcon.exe and dpinst.exe I've tried without full success, and some other things.

I've given up for a while until I get some spare time.

Regards,
Galapo.

#3 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

Galapo, please look here, i guess i found sth, please read my test here:
http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=40541

#4 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:27 PM

Hi Lancelot,

I don't have time, but I'm wondering if you might be able to test the following:

1. Add the following script to your build: http://livexp.boot-l...-pnp-aio.script

2. add these lines to some script, maybe even the xpe-pnp-aio.script, which will copy the couple of files missing to the build:
require_file,sfc.dll

require_file,syssetup.dll
Maybe these are also needed:
require_file,sfcfiles.dll

require_file,sfc_os.dll

require_file,msi.dll

require_file,newdev.dll

require_file,credui.dll

require_file,HDWWIZ.CPL

require_file,GRPCONV.EXE

Then try your method again.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#5 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:51 AM

Galapo:
i will try those you wrote tomorrow,
i just finished tests with a utility i found tonight with BartPE (i put no drivers in build):

"Driver Import PE" you can find freely here
http://www.kare-net.de/Plugins.htm
Posted Image

it requires essentially - Hwpnp-Plugin and if "iso --> FBWF-Plugin" , i used .img file with space instead of ".iso file with FBWF."

This utility defines the undefined hwids, and when you browse for the proper driver, it adds the driver to BartPe and automatically starts it. (if you browse for a driver that is not for your hardware (from hwid info) it dont install it)

After starting BarPE:
when i installed ethernet with "Driver Import PE", 2nd step was only starting network support.
when i installed jmicron and/or ich8 ahci with "Driver Import PE", after it automatically installs drivers it also mounted the partitions and gave driver letters to them.

at least when hwids defined in .inf files properly, this utility successfully adds drivers.
and dont forget the limits of HWPnP http://www.paraglide...ugins/hwpnp.htm but no problem with that as one mainly needs mass storage or ethernet drivers with pe.

and also it puts drivers not only to bartpe, but also to the installed win32 on hd (not tested).

ps: it is german, i dont know german language ! :cheers:.

#6 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:18 AM

"Driver Import PE" you can find freely here

Nice find! I'll make time to test this one myself too.

ps: it is german, i dont know german language ! :cheers:.

I can't speak, but can read somewhat. (For my phd I'm working on, I have to read some references in German, French, Italian, Dutch, and Hebrew. If subject matter is known, it can be puzzled out.)

Regards,
Galapo.

#7 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

Galapo
Here is my lots of tests result:
BartPE: "Driver Import PE" and "DriverForge" add driver successfully
LiveXP: "Driver Import PE" and "DriverForge" coulnt work nicely :cheers: .

LiveXP trials: bootsdi 474 mb fix, no wimpack, no sata2 drivers, no dps drivers, no ethernet driver.

For LiveXP:
i used xpe-pnp-aio.script you gave, i checked the required files you mentioned, and for missing ones i wrote a small script which adds files successfully (checked many times). So all files you mentioned above are in livexp now. (script at attachment)

1st trial:
"DriverForge" -> hang for a long time, and no success with scan hardware change.

2nd trial:
"Driver Import PE" -> i wrote a small script for zzDriverImportPE.script with looking DrvImp.inf.
then i noticed, many reg add lines are the same with xpe-pnp-aio.script,
so i cancelled the lines in zzDriverImportPE.script which are the same with xpe-pnp-aio.script,
result was 24 reg add lines (after deleting many) with a note over it "1.0.7 Partition Manager, as suggested by mustang"
i put zzDriverImportPE.script to "Projects\LiveXP\Drivers\5 Other" folder.

than i double click "Driver Import PE" and it gave me a warning message, probably saying "Not started under BartPe" (Nur unter BartPE starten)

than i tried "DriverForge" again and import dps_masstorage....7z to x:\i386\system32 (as i wrote before)
it finished without an error, i think the reason is the 20 reg add lines in zzDriverImportPE.script (script at attachment).

Than i tried to use add new device, scan hardware change.
but no disk added to device manager
after that i also tried "HWPnp.exe +all /log /p /d" command, but no disk added to device manager again.

ps: when i use add new device, it gave me a message:
Title: Cannot Run Two Device Installations
Text:
You can install only one device at a time.
Another device installation is underway, when it is finished you can try this wizard again.

ps: i also coulnt add network card with trials.

i wish "Driver Import PE" could work in livexp, it works very nicely in bartpe.

Thats all, sorry i cant do anything more as it is above my knowledge now.

Edit:
"Driver Import PE" is working now, look post #9

#8 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

Nice find! I'll make time to test this one myself too.

I can't speak, but can read somewhat. (For my phd I'm working on, I have to read some references in German, French, Italian, Dutch, and Hebrew. If subject matter is known, it can be puzzled out.)

Regards,
Galapo.

Maybe you also test hostDriver.Script

Peter

#9 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

Peter:
i couldnt use hostDriver.script,
i will read http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=3628 now to get more info, i think i make a misusage of it:
http://img261.images...28201700om4.png

BUT

All:

i found another thing, PENetwork.script is essential for "Driver Import PE"
after enableing PENetwork.script , "Driver Import PE" didnt give error message "Not started under BartPe" (Nur unter BartPE starten) and worked nicely.

So far, i was enable to add ethernet and ich8 ahci controllers successfully with "Driver Import PE" (not jmb raid0 yet).

#10 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:13 AM

psc:
i wasnt sure about the place to report my test as hostdriver.scipt page,
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=3628
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=3545
or maybe other,
so i write results here:

hostDriver.script my test results:

from an existing xp32:
+ yes it takes ethernet driver.
- no taking nvidia driver didnt work (no problem for me)
http://img362.images...72902183fu9.png
logfile:
Version 1.1.0Using inf file: I:\WINDOWS\inf\oem2.infSchedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\inf\oem2.inf" to folder B:\hostDriver\Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\inf\oem2.inf" to folder X:\I386\Inf\Start section: "nv_G86_1"Searching real entry sections:  Found: nv_G86_1  Found: nv_G86_1.CoInstallers  Found: nv_G86_1.ServicesWorking with section: nv_G86_1  Working with copy section: nv4.Miniport    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nv4_mini.sys" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"  Working with copy section: nv.Display    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nv4_disp.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvapi.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvcuda.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"  Working with copy section: nv4.icd    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvoglnt.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"  Working with copy section: nv.Panel    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvcpl.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvmctray.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvwddi.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvnt4cpl.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvmccs.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvdisps.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvgames.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvmccss.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvmobls.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvvitvs.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvwss.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"  Working with copy section: nv.Help    Schedule for Copy: "???18???\nvcpl.hlp" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "???18???\nvwcplen.hlp" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"Working with section: nv_G86_1.CoInstallers  Working with copy section: nv.CoInstaller    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvcod.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvcodins.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"Working with section: nv_G86_1.Services  Checking: nv4_Generic_Service_Inst    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nv4_mini.sys" to folder "X:\I386\system32\drivers\"  Checking: nv_NVSVC_Inst    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe" to folder "X:\I386\system32\"
- no takin soundmax driver didnt work (no problem for me)http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3189/ho...72902171rn2.pnglog file:
Version 1.1.0Using inf file: I:\WINDOWS\inf\oem14.infSchedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\inf\oem14.inf" to folder B:\hostDriver\Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\inf\oem14.inf" to folder X:\I386\Inf\Start section: "A1988A"Searching real entry sections:  Found: A1988A  Found: A1988A.Services  Found: A1988A.CoInstallersWorking with section: A1988A  Working with copy section: HdAudModel.CopyList    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ADIHdAud.sys" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\senfilt.sys" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aeaudio.sys" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"  Working with copy section: Core.CopyList    Schedule for Copy: "???16422???\%CoreFilePath%\smwdmif.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"    Schedule for Copy: "???16422???\%CoreFilePath%\smax4pnp.exe" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"  Working with copy section: CRLDS3D.CopyList    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system\crlds3d.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"  Working with copy section: Audio3d.CopyList    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\a3d.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"  *** Checking include file ks.inf  Using inf file: I:\WINDOWS\inf\ks.inf  Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\inf\ks.inf" to folder X:\I386\Inf\  Start section: "KS.Registration"  Searching real entry sections:    Found: KS.Registration  Working with section: KS.Registration    Working with copy section: KSProxy.Files      Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\ksuser.dll" to folder "X:\I386\system32\"      Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\ksproxy.ax" to folder "X:\I386\system32\"    Working with copy section: KSDriver.Files      Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ks.sys" to folder "X:\I386\system32\drivers\"  *** Checking include file wdmaudio.inf  Using inf file: I:\WINDOWS\inf\wdmaudio.inf  Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\inf\wdmaudio.inf" to folder X:\I386\Inf\  Start section: "WDMAUDIO.Registration"  Searching real entry sections:    Found: WDMAUDIO.Registration.NT  Working with section: WDMAUDIO.Registration.NT    Working with copy section: WDM.CopyFiles.Kernel      Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\drmk.sys" to folder "X:\I386\system32\drivers\"      Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\portcls.sys" to folder "X:\I386\system32\drivers\"      Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\stream.sys" to folder "X:\I386\system32\drivers\"    Working with copy section: WDM.CopyFiles.User      Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\wdmaud.drv" to folder "X:\I386\system32\"      Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\ksuser.dll" to folder "X:\I386\system32\"Working with section: A1988A.Services  Checking: HdAud_Service_Install    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ADIHdAud.sys" to folder "X:\I386\"  Checking: SenFilt_Service_Install		;; SENFILT    Schedule for Copy: "\" to folder "\"  Checking: AEAudio_Service_Install		;; AEAUDIO    Schedule for Copy: "\" to folder "\"Working with section: A1988A.CoInstallers  Working with copy section: Coinst.CopyFiles    Schedule for Copy: "I:\WINDOWS\system32\PostProc.dll" to folder "B:\hostDriver\"Copying scheduled files ...!!! File "???16422???\%CoreFilePath%\smax4pnp.exe" does not exist"!!! File "???16422???\%CoreFilePath%\smwdmif.dll" does not exist"!!! File "\" does not exist"Copying I:\WINDOWS\inf\ks.inf to X:\I386\Inf\ks.inf  File already exists. Copy skippedCopying I:\WINDOWS\inf\oem14.inf to B:\hostDriver\oem14.inf  Copy doneCopying I:\WINDOWS\inf\oem14.inf to X:\I386\Inf\oem14.inf  Copy doneCopying I:\WINDOWS\inf\wdmaudio.inf to X:\I386\Inf\wdmaudio.inf  File already exists. Copy skippedCopying I:\WINDOWS\system\crlds3d.dll to B:\hostDriver\crlds3d.dll  Copy doneCopying I:\WINDOWS\system32\a3d.dll to B:\hostDriver\a3d.dll  Copy doneCopying I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ADIHdAud.sys to B:\hostDriver\ADIHdAud.sys  Copy doneCopying I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ADIHdAud.sys to X:\I386\system32\drivers\ADIHdAud.sys  Copy doneCopying I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aeaudio.sys to B:\hostDriver\aeaudio.sys  Copy doneCopying I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\drmk.sys to X:\I386\system32\drivers\drmk.sys  File already exists. Copy skippedCopying I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ks.sys to X:\I386\system32\drivers\ks.sys  File already exists. Copy skippedCopying I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\portcls.sys to X:\I386\system32\drivers\portcls.sys  File already exists. Copy skippedCopying I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\senfilt.sys to B:\hostDriver\senfilt.sys  Copy doneCopying I:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\stream.sys to X:\I386\system32\drivers\stream.sys  File already exists. Copy skippedCopying I:\WINDOWS\system32\ksproxy.ax to X:\I386\system32\ksproxy.ax  Copy doneCopying I:\WINDOWS\system32\ksuser.dll to X:\I386\system32\ksuser.dll  File already exists. Copy skippedCopying I:\WINDOWS\system32\PostProc.dll to B:\hostDriver\PostProc.dll  Copy doneCopying I:\WINDOWS\system32\wdmaud.drv to X:\I386\system32\wdmaud.drv  File already exists. Copy skippedInstalling 4D36E96C-E325-11CE from B:\hostDriver\oem14.inf ...
--- NO it dont have ability to take mass storage driver (IT is important i guess which is my main purpose as i wrote in 1st post)from an existing folder- i couldnt achive to get even ethernet drivers from a folder, http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/3236/ho...72901464ff4.pngpsc, galapo and all:It seems to me that hostDriver.Script dont suit my aims for now, but Kare's "Driver Import PE" is more successfull for me:"Driver Import PE" test result:from an existing xp32:+ yes it takes ethernet driver.http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/9180/20...90146441fi1.png- no taking nvidia driver didnt work (no problem for me)- no it dont have ability to take sound driver (no problem for me)- NO it couldnt take ahci driver from xp32 (but it get some mass storage drivers).Driver Import PE "from an existing xp32" results are nearly same with hostDriver.scriptfrom an existing folder+ yes it takes ethernet driver and make it work+ yes it takes ahci driver and make it work+ yes it takes jmicron driver and make it work (but only in BartPE, with livexp bsod happened)Kare's "Driver Import PE" suits my aims, only i have 1 question, why this bsod happens in livexp (it doesnt happen in BartPE) when i try to add jmicron driver (jmicron attached raid0 disks)

here is the bsod screen:
http://img362.images...cekim009mp2.jpg

in BartPE Kare's "Driver Import PE" had no problem in adding jmicron drivers and mounting disks.

please try Kare's "Driver Import PE" with files in my post #7,
dont forget to enable PENetwork.script and xpe-pnp-aio.script and see what it can do.

i made lots of tests and will give a break for a while, it takes a lot more time to make realcomputer tests than qemu tests. :cheers: i hope you have an idea for bsod which can be tested easly :cheers:

#11 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:33 AM

i found another thing, PENetwork.script is essential for "Driver Import PE"
after enableing PENetwork.script , "Driver Import PE" didnt give error message "Not started under BartPe" (Nur unter BartPE starten) and worked nicely.

Great, good to hear!

So far, i was enable to add ethernet and ich8 ahci controllers successfully with "Driver Import PE" (not jmb raid0 yet).

I wonder whether the jmb raid0 driver requires a reboot to function properly? It's working with the txtsetup.sif method since it is initialised at boot.

Regards,
Galapo.

#12 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:53 AM

I wonder whether the jmb raid0 driver requires a reboot to function properly? It's working with the txtsetup.sif method since it is initialised at boot.

Regards,
Galapo.

no need restart, as i wrote before,

in BartPE Kare's "Driver Import PE" had no problem in adding jmicron drivers and mounting disks.

bsod only happens in livexp.

i hope you have another nice idea to solve this bsod too :cheers:

#13 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:20 AM

i hope you have an idea for bsod which can be tested easly :)

I'm getting bsod with vmscsi driver, so this makes testing quicker. Use vmware server or whatever and include scsi disk, but don't include vmscsi driver to PE build.

Currently, I am unsure why bsod with LiveXP but not with BartPE. But logically it would be one of these: a) missing file(s); b) missing registry entry/entries; or c) both.

Attached is the script I'm currently using.

@Peter
I admit I haven't tested hostDriver as I have assumed it functions like hostNic. Since hostNic isn't working for me, I have assumed that hostDriver won't either. The issue seems to be related to xpsp2-based PE build though host is xpsp3. If host is xpsp2, NIC drivers are located; but if host is sp3, no drivers are found.

Regards,
Galapo.

Attached Files

#14 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

Galapo:
in the end it is working with jmb too,
but i am not sure how, but have a good idea.

in previous tests i disable Dps mass storage drivers + scsi drivers for vmware
now i only disable Dps mass storage drivers, and valaa, it worked all, with my ich8 and jmicron and ethernet :cheers:

in all tests i used the xpe-pnp-aio.script file you gave in post #4

i put some cosmetics which i guess you will like in interface section and hoping it will be downloadable as a part of "Drivers\5 Others" section soon.

(i wasnt sure to put a notice to enable lsi_buslogic.script, it is up to you)

#15 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

Great! I haven't looked at the script yet -- a job for later today once I get the SetResolution issue out of the way.

But a question: does the program work with your jmb driver with BartPE with the driverpacks mass storage plugin enabled?

Thanks,
Galapo.

#16 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

Galapo:
to be sure before answer, i recreated and triple check and tested.
now i can confirm i added no dps no ethernet or any driver in Bartpe (sure) (standart xpsp2 enu)
and yes, "Driver Import PE" successfully added jmp driver with mounting.

can you make your vmware test with enableing dps and disableing vmware and try to add vmware scsi driver with "Driver Import PE" as you said you recreated bsod?
if it works at least we have a solution.
i hope you like addings to interface :cheers:

and no need to be fast, i truly believe SetResolution problem is more essential as it effects many people who try to use livexp. :cheers: Just dont forget to come back here after a latin south american hour. :cheers:

#17 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

now i can confirm i added no dps no ethernet or any driver in Bartpe (sure) (standart xpsp2 enu)

Thanks. Please if you could, check whether if adding DP mass storage plugin to BartPE also generates bsod with the program. If not, then we need to find what's different with BartPE build which means that the program functions better. If bsod, BartPE and LiveXP would be the same in this regard.

I'll check vmscsi...

Regards,
Galapo.

#18 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:00 PM

Galapo.
oki
to make jmicron test i should delete jmicron support from dps
only one question,
i will delete DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_805\D\M\J folder (there is only jmicron in it)
and delete [J] section in DriverPack_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32.ini
and repack with DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_805.7z name
confirm?

#19 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:03 PM

Galapo.
oki
to make jmicron test i should delete jmicron support from dps
only one question,
i will delete DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_805\D\M\J folder (there is only jmicron in it)
and delete [J] section in DriverPack_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32.ini
and repack with DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_805.7z name
confirm?

Hmmm, I was forgetting about that.

I guess what I am wanting confirmed is whether having the same drivers enabled in BartPE as in LiveXP results in one injecting the driver successfully while the other gets bsod.

#20 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

galapo:
well lets say now BartPE passes no driver test as i did 10 minutes ago.

for livexp no driver test are these settings enough?
http://img128.images...51/snap1az4.gif

if enough, i will try this first and if fails add one by one starting with Scsi drive vmware.

is it the test you want???

#21 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:22 PM

in previous tests i disable Dps mass storage drivers + scsi drivers for vmware
now i only disable Dps mass storage drivers, and valaa, it worked all, with my ich8 and jmicron and ethernet :cheers:

It rather interesting: why does this script have to be included? Trouble is, this is the driver I need for my test! But I see that there is in fact two drivers in the script, so I've commented out the vmscsi section to run some tests.

Regards,
Galapo.

#22 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:25 PM

is it the test you want???

No, I was more interested in BartPE for the moment. We know what's working for you now with LiveXP, and I'm trying to get similar results (see previous post). I haven't made a BartPE for nearly a year now myself!

#23 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:31 PM

now i only disable Dps mass storage drivers, and valaa, it worked all, with my ich8 and jmicron and ethernet

to avoid misunderstanding (if any), with "it worked" i mean "Driver Import PE" worked successfully in adding my ich8 and jmicron and ethernet

.. Trouble is, this is the driver I need for my test! ..

no you dont need, just build iso with fbwf by adding real driver files out in a folder in iso, than start vmware with livexp iso and try to use "Driver Import PE" in livexp (probably you should see no C: d:. ....), than if bsod dont happen your c: d: will be mounted. (and also look my previous post)

i think we are to fast, i hope no miscomunication occurs. i will wait for your next post if you want me to do anything.

#24 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:40 PM

Success!!

I commented out the vmscsi driver from lsi_buslogic.script so that it would not be added. Without the other driver in the script, viz. symmpi.sys, I get bsod when attempting to inject vmscsi driver with Driver Import PE. But with symmpi.sys, Driver Import PE successfully injects the driver! Note: before running Driver Import PE mmc did not list the scsi disk, but after Driver Import PE injected vmscsi driver to the PE, mmc listed the disk and I could do whatever I wanted with it.

This is indeed very good news. I've been wanting post-boot driver installation working for quite a while. I'll finish off the script later today and add to LiveXP server.

Regards,
Galapo.

#25 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:56 PM

Galapo:
:cheers:
good news, thanks a lot for support :cheers:

a suggestion, maybe as most reg lines are same with xpnp and as "Driver Import PE" strickly needs hwpnp , it can be in xnpn. or not. it is all your decision.

just for info: no symmpi.sys file in my bartpe

ps: i am migrating from my own bartpe slowly, i am about to finish my mini/tiny first script :cheers: so probably next year, i will be using no bartpe anymore.

i have just one more question about this subject, but i will ask later here, it is enough to deal with it for now. :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users