I started this new topic to keep together different tools and procedures available to reduce the used size of the OS.
I had the idea when making post: http://reboot.pro/to...-14#entry216443
I will update latter this topic with a compilation of info, spread on several topics on the forum.
This topic was created with the idea to share your test made, and the results of them (good or bad), but please it is required:
- Detailed procedures.
- Clear info.
- Advantages and disadvantages (if any).
- Possible issues (if any) and how to fix them.
- Links of tools used.
EDIT: During the tests ran for this topic we have achieved a 1.57 GB used size on a 2.3 GB VHD, by means of cutting several non critical parts on the 10 OS.
Our fellow wimb making use of his skills on AutoIt3, was able to put together all the info we have gotten on this topic, about cuttings and related to some programs, and also about some free portables, and made a program capable to do all this automatically in less than a minute.
- Win_Reduce_Trusted v4.0 (valid for 10, 8.1 and 7) links are on post No. 429,
- Install and run Office 2003, info on Post No. 179
- Additional info for Win_Reduce_Trusted is on post No. 339.
- Additional files required to keep to run LibreOfficePortable (multilang) are on Post No. 340.
- Interesting info when using NTFS Compression + Compact LZX compression on Post No. 341.
- Additional info about LibreOfficePortable on this Post
- New info from wimb about LibreOfficePortable on Post No. 429
- Additional useful links for your Mini-10x64-2004.vhd on this Post and this Post.
- What to do in case you find some issues with your favorite programs, see Post No. 376
- Remote image capture and deploy by means of Mini10x64.vhd and TeamViewerPortable, see post No. 430