• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Bohner

Alex Bohner
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:31 PM

Hi All,

I have been playing with the AIK for some time now and just ran across WinBuilder...Yeehah! So far I love what I see, it seems to be a very well designed app, especially for freeware. The only problem I've bumped into so far is the inability to add support for HTA, WSH, WMI, etc. While this is a simple process using the standard AIK tools, I haven't been able to figure it out with WinBuilder.

Under the AIK I simply execute the "PEImg.exe /install=*HTA* mountpoint" command, and the HTA package is added to the build. Unfortunately this MUST be performed BEFORE running the /PREP command with PEImg, but it appears that building the project with WinBuilder automatically issues /PREP before it completes. Ugggh.

So, while I would ultimately like to see options included in the GUI to add these packages, my immediate need is to find a workaround. With that said, I see the flexibility offered by this app, so there must be a quick workaround to make this happen. So, is anyone aware of a method to do any of the following:

- Build/"Play" a project without /PREPping the Windows directory
- Modify a script so no process will ever /PREP the Windows directory
- Run a command line executable during the build, which I could use to call an HTA install script
- Any other option which I may be missing, but could solve this immediate need

Any ideas? Thanks for any suggestions or other help!
Alex

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:24 PM

Hi alex, welcome to our forums!

I've moved this topic to the vista pe forum where others can probably help you find a good solution.. :cheers:

#3 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:31 PM

Alex Bohner
Can you help with creating scipt for HTA/WMI/WSH?

1. make clean winpe 2.0, backup all files
2. make winpe 2.0 with HTA support
3. compare files and registry

than will be possible make scripts :cheers:

#4 martinr

martinr

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:46 PM

So, is anyone aware of a method to do any of the following:
- Build/"Play" a project without /PREPping the Windows directory

Others have suggested that PREPping the Windows directory is an unnecessary step in building WinPE 2.0. My own experience largely confirms this.

If any change (however small) is made to the registry or any additional file is added to the basic image, the new boot.wim will not boot successfully unless peimg /prep has first been applied to it. HOWEVER (and this will apply in the majority of cases), if a winpeshl.ini file is added to the image, the prepping stage does not seem to be necessary.

Try this and see if your experience agrees with mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users