• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 scupone

scupone
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

hello everybody....

could be possible to play some video or musicfiles in vista pe and integrate the vlc mediplayer in vista pe?
or not ? this would be very nice... :P

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 March 2007 - 02:25 PM

Hello scupone, welcome to our forums! :P

Don't think that there's already support for sound at this time, but would also find it a very useful bonus feature.. :P

#3 frodo

frodo

• Advanced user
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:17 AM

Ahh reminds of the early days of sound/video in PEBuilder

Im not volunteering for it under Vista though.
I imagine it cant be too difficult with our combined years of XP PnP/Multimedia knowledge.
Im just trying not to look at .inf files right now :P

p.s. Stylemessiah may be Frodo, depends on your ban policy :P :P

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:01 AM

Why would you be banned? :P

Welcome! :P

#5 frodo

frodo

• Advanced user
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:19 PM

Why would you be banned? :P

Welcome! :P

Given that we both know what im capable of, Its what i'd do to me :P

Kudos on vista PE, i actually used it for the first time the other day and it couldnt have been less traumatic!

I was surprised to see how many apps were available, either new comiles or ports from PE, already,

Hmm sound will come <-getting back on topic :P

Since this is a RAM based system, im thinking sound may be less of a feature than PEBuilder, unless of course you have a lot of RAM....

#6 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:12 PM

Not everything has to be loaded onto RAM, we can choose to only load the OS core and leave all the big sized programs on disk - would likely take some of the benefits of RAM booting, but would also enable the use of the capacity available on DVD's/USB hard drives.

I have my doubts if the sound drivers available for a XP machine would still be compatible with a vista based boot disk, guess the best way to find is trying it out.. :P

btw: I've moved you to the advanced member's group - this way you can change your display name whenever you wish.. :P

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:30 PM

btw: I've moved you to the advanced member's group - this way you can change your display name whenever you wish..

:P
Peter

#8 frodo

frodo

• Advanced user
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:00 AM

Not everything has to be loaded onto RAM, we can choose to only load the OS core and leave all the big sized programs on disk - would likely take some of the benefits of RAM booting, but would also enable the use of the capacity available on DVD's/USB hard drives.

I have my doubts if the sound drivers available for a XP machine would still be compatible with a vista based boot disk, guess the best way to find is trying it out.. :P
btw: I've moved you to the advanced member's group - this way you can change your display name whenever you wish.. :P

Good point point he RAM thing, i guess im just used to thinking of Vista's PE as a RAM version via MS doco's

I reckon its a pretty safe bet most if not all audio drivers form XP would fail under Vista, god i had enough difficulty getting a driver form MS for my sound card to work under real Vista. Sound can wait until later, maybe once i clear the backlog of stuff i have and stop getting distracted by more projects, ill get around to it myself. The imagex GUI im working on is taking up all my time currently...tricky AutoIT GUI building...eek

Thanks for the upgrade, that was quick, ive been in the 911cd forums for coming on 4 years and i have quite a ways to go to get any real status there. perhaps knowing myself, ill never get any higher than i am now...i could see their point:)

I might change the displayname now so as not to confuse anyone, particularly myself, i should have signed up as me in the first place, but i was experiencing side effects of medication that rendered me susceptible to acts of random stupidity:)

#9 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:31 AM

"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not understood."
Henry Miller

:P

#10 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4204 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:28 PM

Welcome to the forums frodo.

#11 scupone

scupone
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:26 PM

hi again..
this (VT8233/A AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller) is my onboard audio device? im not sure
if there are some vista compatible drivers for this card- i dont want change my xp into vista
before it works fine on the most systems- i am prepared to buy
a new VISTA ready sound card to get my music on vistaPE
if this necessary. please gimme help.

p.o.e
scupone :cheers:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users