2 replies to this topic

#1 ylafont

ylafont

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

This has proved to be more confusing than I originally imagined. WDS in Windows 2008 only supports native mode and does not allow booting form an ISO and all images need to be in WIM format. I have a liveXP project for both a USB Key and CDROM that or working properly. Now my next step is to take the WIM file that I have used these to project and move it over to WDS Server to boot via PXE. By the way I had this working with the ISO in windows 2003, using mixed mode in WDS. But has Microsoft decided to make life a little more difficult

I love the board; this topic seems to go in many different directions without a clear answer. Any Direction or word of wisdom from anyone? Please let me know, I am about to give this thing up!

#2 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3042 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

stupid question but... do you have to use wds? :)
"WDS in Windows 2008 only supports native mode and does not allow booting form an ISO and all images need to be in WIM format" for this only I would run away and look for alternatives.

/erwan

#3 ylafont

ylafont

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:31 AM

Unfortunately, WDS is the only option in this case, 2003 server in mixed mode environment is not an option as well. Otherwise I would use that.
This should be doable! I can’t be the only person in the world facing this need!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users