• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Woods

Dan Woods

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:22 PM

Hello,
I've been playing around with this program in virtual pc 2007 and am loving it. However, now that I want to start playing around with the custom scripts that nightman was so kind to release I am having a problem getting them to work. I've inserted a few of the applications I had previously that he supplied plugins for, and everything seems to be fine. I run through the build process without errors, and looking inside the vista.iso that is created shows me a "programs.wim" file which contains folders for all the supplied plugins.

However, when I boot the .iso into virtual pc 2007, none of the programs that I've selected during the build will show up in the start menu. I figured maybe this was a bs-explorer config issue and browsed the cd from total commander. When I go to the "programs" folder, it's blank and doesn't show me any of the plugins/scripts I selected during the build process.

I mounted the programs.wim that's in the finished .ISO file and everything is there! What am I doing wrong that they wont appear after the CD has been booted inside virtual pc 2007? I do have a couple of programs in the bs-explorer shell (total commander, sala password renew - pci info) but none of the ones I selected (everest ultimate edition and r-studio were the ones I was testing with)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I REALLY want to start customizing and playing around with this great project. I'm a noob with this new .wim file stuff and I would really appreciate any help you can give me :P

Thanks so much for your time and help,
Dan

#2 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:37 PM

Hello Dan Woods!

1. programs.wim disabled in 006 version, wim support is not working good in winpe2.0
2. if you need use programs.wim, you need add wimutil.exe (wim.script) AND RAMDisk (ramdisk.script) to VistaPE
3. try start mount.cmd from command line and see what happen

#3 Dan Woods

Dan Woods

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:40 PM

Hello Dan Woods!

1. programs.wim disabled in 006 version, wim support is not working good in winpe2.0
2. if you need use programs.wim, you need add wimutil.exe (wim.script) AND RAMDisk (ramdisk.script) to VistaPE
3. try start mount.cmd from command line and see what happen

Hi Nightman,
Thanks for the tip! I switched to your new RC of VistaPE that you linked to here and all my problems are gone now. With your new release, my bs-explorer start menu mimics your scripts directory structure and the test programs I included (everest and r-studio) show up in the right places under diagnostic tools and data recovery tools menu entries.

It's pretty clear you've put a ton of time into this project and I can't say thank you enough for sharing it with the rest of us, along with your scripts. :P I can see this replacing BartPE for me in the not so distant future.

VistaPE rocks!

Cheers
Dan

#4 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:54 PM

scripts. :P I can see this replacing BartPE for me in the not so distant future.

VistaPE rocks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users