#1 krzyk_91

krzyk_91
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hi,
I've built a multiboot DVD with many applications using AeroStudio. It works fine on older computers and virtual machine for example Oracle VM. When I want to run some application on for example laptops they don't boot. I see black display and nothing is running. This includes all BOOTMGR applications and some other, Knoppix. On older computers there is no problem booting it.
Does someone have a similiar problem? How can I solve it?
Thanks for help in advance

#2 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

how new (model numbers on where you have issues would help)...Are they EFI? or BIOS. Under the covers, Aero Studio is really nothing more than a variant of other boot loaders (it's been a long time since I used it). Have you tried using those applications using a different boot loader?

If they are EFI issues, you may need to do more searching here, since older environments sort of assume BIOS...

But the more information you can give, the better, and most likely it isn't an aero studio issue, so if you c an verify that (and broaden the posting into other forums), you may have better luck in getting a workaround.

:cheers:
Scott

#3 krzyk_91

krzyk_91
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

Thanks for reply.
These model are for example Dell XPS L702x or Inspiron 17. They still have BIOS. These applications work when I burn it to CD, but I haven't tried to use another boot loader. I'm going to try RIPPER-GFX, but it doesn't look as good as Aero.

#4 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

OK - had to ask :)

The issue may be that you can get aero studio to chain to another boot loader. As I recall, it does look nice, and has a lot of neat customization on the graphics, but was ties to a very, very old boot loader (can't remember which), but it might be able to chain over to a newer "loader" that then boots the desired application/iso...it may be something as simple as "sata" drivers or something like that (where the loader tries to hadn off from the older bios interrupts to the protected drivers.

Post back if you find anything out...Or post what you are using in Aero Studio...there are lots of pretty smart folks here!

#5 krzyk_91

krzyk_91
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

Hi,

on my Multiboot DVD I have some BOOTMGR application, Knoppix, UBCD, Hiren's Boot CD, FreeDos, Windows XP, Norton Ghost, antivirus programs.
I'm looking for a new boot loader. What can you recommend?

#6 Hima

Hima

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
    Egypt

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

OK - had to ask :)

The issue may be that you can get aero studio to chain to another boot loader. As I recall, it does look nice, and has a lot of neat customization on the graphics, but was ties to a very, very old boot loader (can't remember which), but it might be able to chain over to a newer "loader" that then boots the desired application/iso...it may be something as simple as "sata" drivers or something like that (where the loader tries to hadn off from the older bios interrupts to the protected drivers.

Post back if you find anything out...Or post what you are using in Aero Studio...there are lots of pretty smart folks here!

In addition,i think that the graphic in aero very strong and make some problems with some machines config file aero.ini contain linevesa=0x111you can change this values but i dont know moreI'm looking for a new boot loader. What can you recommend? u can use grub4dos or isolinux , last very nice and no any problem with itregards

#7 Praise the LORD

Praise the LORD
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

Thanks for reply.
These model are for example Dell XPS L702x or Inspiron 17. They still have BIOS. These applications work when I burn it to CD, but I haven't tried to use another boot loader. I'm going to try RIPPER-GFX, but it doesn't look as good as Aero.

you can use grub4dos; then chainload the avldr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users