#1 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:24 AM

I'm not a Facebook fan. But, suddenly a picture of a cute little girl popped up in my news feed while browsing through Facebook pages.

Posted Image

I was not familiar with her name, honestly. She is Arfa Karim Randhawa,born on February 2, 1995 & passed away January 14, 2012, only at the age of 16 years. We are somehow tech-attached people here at reboot. But how many of we have achieved this much of height at her age? In short, she was an IT gem. Curious about who was she? Please spend some five minutes & read on.

#2 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Windows Security, Programming, Customizing & Crash Dump Analysis.
  •  
    Canada

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

This is terrible news, but I respect you sharing this with me holmes.sherlock!

Poor girl, I acknoledge her for being able to achieve what she did. On the good news I am officially now a Microsoft MVP, but i'm not going to turn this into an appraisal thread for myself here.

R.I.P Afra Karim Randhawa...

#3 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:08 AM

Poor girl, I acknoledge her for being able to achieve what she did. On the good news I am officially now a Microsoft MVP, but i'm not going to turn this into an appraisal thread for myself here.

I know. I have seen your thread @ TLF.

#4 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 228 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

I know Holmes.Sherlock :) I found this thread thanks to you as well!

#5 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

Beautiful girl, MCP at age 12 - unbelievable. Still a child - didn't carry untiseizure drug at all times despite suffering from such illness. What her parents were thinking?

#6 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

Beautiful girl, MCP at age 12 - unbelievable. Still a child - didn't carry untiseizure drug at all times despite suffering from such illness. What her parents were thinking?

she was 9 Years and 4 months old when she achieved MCP . and then later few months ,Bill Gates called her in Pakistan and invited her to visit MS headquarters along with his Father Kernel ® Kareem Randhawa.

according to few of her class mate interviews , she had photographic memory. they say , that she did not ever take serious interest in studies ,but yet she uses to top in her class and still she was not a bookworm .

i was having dinner at home, the night she passed away . and i cant explain how i felt ,our whole country had this sad feeling like one of our own is passed away.

during the last days , when she was very ill , her more then 50% brain stopped working. Bill Gates called his father ,and offered to send charted plan / air ambulance to Pakistan and take her to America for treatment , his personal Doctor's were in touch with the Dr's Team who were treating Arfa in Lahore Pakistan. and they decided not to take her to US , as she was in Coma since several days.

anyways , she will always be in our Heart...please pray for her.

#7 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

Yeah, 10 min is enough for brain cells start dieing when blood supply is interrupted. Usually it happens during stroke, when a brain blood vessel ruptures.

Interesting thing is, during 1st years a baby may have large part of his brain removed (due to brain trauma, lump or dead tissue resulting from stopped blood supply), yet it grows back in a several months. Some hormones are released at that age to continue body map buildup. But after that age is gone such replacement becomes impossible, at least no methods are found so far to restart body map rebuild & repair process. :( And to support such process, the brain should still retain basic body physiology control.

#8 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

Yeah, 10 min is enough for brain cells start dieing when blood supply is interrupted. Usually it happens during stroke, when a brain blood vessel ruptures.

Interesting thing is, during 1st years a baby may have large part of his brain removed (due to brain trauma, lump or dead tissue resulting from stopped blood supply), yet it grows back in a several months. Some hormones are released at that age to continue body map buildup. But after that age is gone such replacement becomes impossible, at least no methods are found so far to restart body map rebuild & repair process. :( And to support such process, the brain should still retain basic body physiology control.

are you related to Medical field , or is this belong to a random article that you read ? thanks for sharing , did not know about baby brain stuff.
in fact , i remember when i was at a Dr's clinic , a few months old (or may be 1 year) baby was there with his parents, his finger got cut ,accidently by the door . and Dr said , " no stiches are required , i ll just put the other part of finger with it ,and it will be connected again naturally "

it was way above my head, and i was cursing Dr in my heart , that why he is doing this to the innocent baby. but after few days when i visited same Dr , and just asked about that baby again, Dr. smiled and said . his finger is OK. and i was like WTF.

#9 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:49 AM

You haven't gone through the wiki page patiently, I must say.

Arfa Karim Randhawa (Urdu: ارفع کریم رندهاوا‎, 2 February 1995 – 14 January 2012) was a Pakistani student and computer prodigy, who in 2004 at the age of nine years became the youngest Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in the world

#10 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

Does anyone know what was her contribution for which she was awarded MCP?

#11 Uvais

Uvais

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un ("Verily we belong to God, and to God we return.")

Really Bad and i am sad :(

R.I.P Afra Karim Randhawa..

Edited by Uvais, 22 January 2012 - 02:32 AM.

#12 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 228 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:33 AM

No idea, I'm not sure about MCP's only MVP's roles. They must have had different guidelines though, as MVP, even though it was not always this way since a few years back, you are required to be at least the age of 18. Still pretty gifted child to achieve such a thing at the age of 9.

#13 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:37 AM

.... even though it was not always this way since a few years back, you are required to be at least the age of 18.

Yep, probably the rule changed since 2006.

#14 Uvais

Uvais

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

i have seen some news about that girl at facebook and just ignored ...I was thinking that girl got award etc but was'nt know that time She died :(

#15 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

Dr. smiled and said . his finger is OK. and i was like WTF.

I read about genetics. Certain body map genes remain active (visibly vibrate) until certain baby age, then they become less active, and body grows continues by multiplication of existing organ cells, but the proportions are maintained. If you think about it, endless complexity of a human been is written in a code so compact one can't see it. And written such a way no encryption algorithm can deliver. How the whole thing works - certain genes in each cell's DNA start vibrating and engaged in various compound synthesis at certain times during day, month or lifespan for certain duration - and that's all life is: controlled biosynthesis of endless complexity.

#16 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:41 AM

And written such a way no encryption algorithm can deliver.

Very true. Probably human body is the greatest cipher to decipher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users