867 replies to this topic

#826 gbohn

gbohn
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

> I use 32 bit PE always and i highly recommend it for general use.

I tried this same application (I was having trouble with) on the X86 version of the disk (using the Win-7 SP1 X86 source) and this doesn't seem to have the problem.

But, sometimes I would like to use the 64-bit version because it allows acces to more memory (for say memory tests), etc.

If worst comes to worst I could go back to using the non-SP1 source disks, but it would be nice if this could be fixed (for 64-bit SP1).

Thanks;

#827 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

That sxs trace is trying desperately to tell you that some ( .Net < 4 related ) files are missing.

The actual foolishness (IMHO) is .NET of course, and - just for the record - version 4 has some additional interesting ways to make something completely fail:

http://stackoverflow...s-a-new-gac-why

Spèecifically:

windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls\6.0.0.0_en-US_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.DLL

could be related to Visual C redistributable, according to this:

http://answers.micro...71-a9c28123c807

:cheers:

Wonko

#828 gbohn

gbohn
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

> That sxs trace is trying desperately to tell you that some ( .Net < 4 related ) files are missing.

Ahh. I guess it would have been too straightforward if the message they poped up said something about missing dependencies :frusty: .

Since this doesn't seem to be an issue with the 32-bit disk or the 64-bit disk when created with the non-SP1 source, I'm guessing that something is getting left out or misplaced in the build process (in the SP-1 source case).

I'm not familiar with the sxs stuff, so is there any easy way to fix this short of an updated Make PE_3?

Thanks;

#829 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Ahh. I guess it would have been too straightforward if the message they poped up said something about missing dependencies  :frusty: .

Yep, if you want to see how pleased is one of the developers of the thingy and how proud he is that now (at least) you can get to know WHAT is actually missing (a functionality that any normal 5 year old would have implemented from the start of sxs), be my guest :smiling9: :

http://blogs.msdn.co.../14/576314.aspx

Since this doesn't seem to be an issue with the 32-bit disk or the 64-bit disk when created with the non-SP1 source, I'm guessing that something is getting left out or misplaced in the build process (in the SP-1 source case).

Yes, that is the most likely explanation, but you can still try adding those assemblies manually. (though I am not able to provide you with a suitable specific method :()

I'm not familiar with the sxs stuff, so is there any easy way to fix this short of an updated Make PE_3?

I guess that very few people are (actually can be) familiar with that madness :ph34r: so the good news are that you are not alone.

Wonko

#830 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

News from JFX on MSFN:

http://www.msfn.org/...ost__p__1034813

Hi wimb,

there is a small problem with SidebySide components on x64 SP1 sources.
The reg file PE3-SOFTWARE_SxS.reg is only compatible with SP0 sources.

The SP1 version will not be compatible with SP0 again, so MakePE3 would need to make a check for service pack and apply the right one.

Attached File(s)
PE3_mod.7z (5.47K)

I guess you can try the new set even before Wimb "integrates" it "properly" in a new version of MakePE3, I am re-attaching the file here.

Wonko

Attached Files

#831 gbohn

gbohn
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

> I guess you can try the new set even before Wimb "integrates" it "properly" in a new version of MakePE3,

So far so good. I added the updated files (overwritting any old versions) to the Make_PE3 directory. I then built a 64-bit image using an SP1 source disk/SP1 WAIK.

Things seemed to come up without a problem.

I didn't do more than a quick test on the created iso, but the two programs that wouldn't start before now start without an issue.

Thanks everyone.

#832 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

I didn't do more than a quick test on the created iso, but the two programs that wouldn't start before now start without an issue.

Thanks everyone.

Let's say you Bet-tested :w00t: the new files (in the sense of "Beta tested" them, but not completely ;))

Happy it works. :)

Wonko

#833 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

News from JFX on MSFN:

http://www.msfn.org/...ost__p__1034813

Thanks Wonko  :thumbsup: for communicating this helpful winsxs solution of  JFX  :1st: for the case of x64 SP1 Win7 Source.

Nice to hear that the problem of gbohn is solved this way and I will add the fix to the next version of Make_PE3 ....

#834 gbohn

gbohn
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hi all;

New question. I noticed that the X86 version of the created disk seems to auto-start 'driver-fix' .cmd file at boot time (early on), but the X64 disk does not. (I can manually run this after startup from the desktop icon and this then appears to fix the network connectivity for me).

Is this difference between the 32-bit and 64-bit disks intentional? Or is it also supposed to auto-start on the X64 disk as well?

Thanks;

#835 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

Is this difference between the 32-bit and 64-bit disks intentional? Or is it also supposed to auto-start on the X64 disk as well?

Manual Start of driver_fix.cmd in case of x64 is intentional.

I think it was decided since in some cases driver_fix.cmd for x64 was taking a lot of time 

and it would be better to have Desktop first.

#836 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

@gbohn

Make_PE3_45.exe has support for Win 7 SP1 Source.

Can you test this version using Win 7 x64 SP1 DVD as Source.

Download  - Make_PE3_45

#837 gbohn

gbohn
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

> Can you test this version using Win 7 x64 SP1 DVD as Source.

I did a quick test with version 45 using the 64-bit SP1 Win-7 Professional disk as the source (and the locally installed AIK with SP1 applied). Everything seemed to work as expected. I only did a quick test, but things look good so far.

The two apps.I was having trouble with started without complaining about side-by-side errors (unlike when I used version 44)

For fun, I also tried the 64-bit 'no-sp' source (still using an SP1 updated AIK) and this also seemed to work o.k.

Thanks!

• wimb likes this

#838 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for testing. Happy that Sp1 support is working now.

#839 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

-
*** Update Make_PE3_45 package ***

Update  - SxS registry files for support of Win7 SP1 DVD as Source

Thanks to JFX and to SEAKZ for solution of winsxs problems when using x64 Win7 SP1 as Source
Thanks to SEAKZ for solution of winsxs problems of .NET Framework 2 when using x86 Win7 SP1 Source

Changed - Program Version - latest version is 4.5

Download  - Make_PE3_45

It is required to extract Make_PE3_45.exe to the root of your drive.
Make_PE3_45.exe does not contain Adobe Flash - You need to make use of the NEW plugin.
The plugin has the same folder structure as Make_PE3 and to insert the plugin you can
Extract Make_PE3_Flash_V11.exe to the same drive as where Make_PE3 folder is located.

Make_PE3 can be used in Windows 8/7/XP Multi-Boot environment
Source can be fresh installed Win7 SP0 without Updates or Win7 DVD SP0 or SP1 - x86 or x64 versions
Adobe Flash V 11 plugin supports x86 and x64 version of 7 PE

#840 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Dear WIMB,

My name is Janusz Chmiel and I Am visually impaired user from Czech Republic.

I have started a voluntary work based on localisation English projects, which are able to create various live CDS based on The Windows Preinstalled environment.

The goal of my voluntary activity is to translate projects from English to Czech language.

But i must have written permission from every author of The projects thanks to The copyright.

So can i translate Makepe3.exe to Czech language, i mean by this to translate only messages and texts of The menu.

I Am using special tool to translate The GUIS of .exe programs.

Before i will release The program, i will send You The download link so You can test, if i do not corrupt somethink inside The machine code.

But i Am very careful man.

Can i translate it to Czech please?

Thank You very much dear WIMB.

#841 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Dear WIMB,

My name is Janusz Chmiel and I Am visually impaired user from Czech Republic.

I have started a voluntary work based on localisation of The various English projects, which are able to create live CDS based on The Windows Preinstalled environment.

The goal of my voluntary activity is to translate projects from English to Czech language.

But i must have written permission from every author of The projects thanks to The copyright.

So can i translate Makepe3.exe to Czech language, i mean by this to translate only messages and texts of The menu.

Before i will release The program, i will send You The download link so You can test, if i do not corrupt somethink inside The machine code.

Thank You very much dear WIMB.

With kindness regards.

Janusz Chmiel

#842 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

That's OK, you have got my permission.

Please give me as preview a link to the result.

#843 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Dear excellent and kind WIMB,

I Am very sad.

Why?

Because Autoid compiler is too clever. The messages are encrypted and are not stored in .exe as a resources, so i would only translate The debug error messages of autoid scripting engine and two buttons for cancelling The script and for pausing it.

So if i would translate The makepe3.cmd to Czech, The messages, would You be so kind and would You compile The translated makepe3 to .exe?

I Am very sad, I have not analysed The compiled.exe program as i should.

I have decompressed it by using upx, but messages are not stored inside .exe as a resource files.

Thank You very much for Yours help.

May be, that messages are stored by using big characters and hard space between every characters, but eventhough i would find those strings, i would had to produce The strings in The same lenght as a original, in other case, machine code would cause a crasch.

And eventhough You are so kind to me, i can be sad, because universal .exe GUI translator is not available and not every compiler stores GUI strings as a resource, and this is making me sad.

I wisch You A nice evening.

#844 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

The AutoIt3 source code is available in folder makebt\au3scr\sources_au3

Copy file Make_PE3.au3 to folder Make_PE3 and use AutoIt Version: 3.3.6.1 to Edit the code

and in Explorer use R-mouse menu to Compile.

http://www.autoitscr...archive/autoit/

AutoIt Version: 3.3.6.1  Direct Download http://www.autoitscr...3.6.1-setup.exe

#845 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

Dear WIMB,

Thank You for YOurs excellent support. When i will have finished my translation, i willsend You modified au3 source file and compiled .exe file.

Thank You very much for Yours programmers support of my voluntary translation activity.

I wisch You a nice day and mani positive programmers experience.

#846 swinster

swinster
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

Hey All,

Just been playing with the Win 7 PE builder and although I got the image to create and boot with no issues, after about 5 mins of use, the all the mass storage device go missing!

I can see all the HDD attached to the local PC on boot and can access and manipulate files, but then everything disappears.

I have tried running the Driver Packs install and various other offerings in the Admin Tools, but nothing seems to work. If I reboot the system, the drives come back, for another 5 mins.

Any ideas?

Swin

Edited by swinster, 22 April 2013 - 01:07 AM.

#847 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

boot with no issues, after about 5 mins of use, the all the mass storage device go missing!

Strange and never seen such issue ...

In Device Manager have a look at IDE ATA/ATAPI-controller and notice any changes in the driver occurring there

Also copy the content of folder MULTI to local harddisk drive so that folder drv can be found in the root.

Download the Windows 7 - MassStorage DriverPack for your version (x86 or x64)

and Extract to folder drv\x86 or drv\amd64 - http://driverpacks.n...verpacks/latest

Then reboot with 7 PE and see if drivers found in drv folder are used and solve the problem.

#848 swinster

swinster
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

Hey Wimb,

This is pretty much what I had done, although I copied the entire "MULTI" folder to the USB drive rather than the contents to the root of the drive or to the HDD. Still, I believe that during start up the DriverPack drivers were found and installed - at least that's what it looked like from the prompts.

I'll check out the Device Manager to see what it says on startup. I know that once the drive have disappeared, device manager shows a non working SATA driver, plus a couple of others. If I try and run the DriverPack drivers again from the folder, I get an error saying that 3 drivers cannot be installed - All of them are (will need to check this).

Swin

Edited by swinster, 22 April 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#849 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

The drv folder is searched for in the root of any drive and will then be used auto to install drivers at startup.

So it is essential that you copy the content of folder MULTI and not folder MULTI.

#850 swinster

swinster
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Thanks WIMB - will do. Oddly, my MULTI folder contains not only a "DRV" folder, but also an "x86". The "X86" folder also appears in the "DRV" folder, and both of them have the file "put_driver_folders_here.txt".

such that:

Mutli --

Drv --

x86

ia64

amd64

images

PStart

SxS_Fix_Win7PE

x86

However, before I left for work, I just rebooted the machine to ensure that I wasn't seeing things. Again, after 5 mins, the drive disappeared. However, this time, after another 5 mins, it re-appeared (1 physical drive - multiple partitions) - this didn't happen last night.

The drive is actually an IDE not SATA (although SATA is supported on the MB). In the device manager, where the drive si active I see three IDE device drivers in the "Storage Controllers" group, and of course, the actual drive model is listed in the "Disc Drives " group. There is no "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" group. When the drive disappears, the IDE controllers and dci drive drivers also disappear.

I've left the machine copy file, so I'll see if this is still going on my return. I'll then try the pointers you have suggested.

Edited by swinster, 22 April 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 7pe, tutorial

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users