6 replies to this topic

#1 Jim A

Jim A

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

My brother bought a new laptop and it came with a GTP partition table and UEIF/secure boot so I am updating my win7pe DVD with current software versions (and TI 2014 premium is on sale for $50 through Dec. 31).  I do have TI 2013 but I failed to buy the plus pack and I don’t know if is available.  With 2014 premium only one serial number is used so the 2013 script won’t work without changes.  I realize that for secure boot I will need to convert to windows 8 based.

#2 brlawson

brlawson
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Jim,

I recently acquired the 2014 premium edition and needed to get it working for a situation I had trying to image a brand new system. I am new to the WinPE world but have been developing and using BartPE for quite sometime. I suppose I could have used the iso builder part of the software but wanted to become more familiar with the WinBuilder environment.

Basically, all that was required to get 2014 working with the original script was to add an additional "Filecopy" section to the ones already there for 2012 and 2013 as shown below:

**********************************************************************************************************************

// for 2012
If,%TI_Version%,SMALLER,16.0,Begin
FileCopy,"%Source_ProgPath%\Files\timounter.dll","%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%"
End
// for 2013
Else,Begin
FileCopy,"%Source_ProgPath%\Files\tib_api.dll","%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%"
FileCopy,"%Source_ProgPath%\Files\tib_mounter.dll","%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%"
If,ExistFile,"%Source_ProgPath%\Files\mspack.dll",FileCopy,"%Source_ProgPath%\Files\mspack.dll","%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%"
End
// for 2014
Else,Begin
FileCopy,"%Source_ProgPath%\Files\oem_doc_source.dll","%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%"
FileCopy,"%Source_ProgPath%\Files\expat.dll","%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%"
FileCopy,"%Source_ProgPath%\Files\tib_api.dll","%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%"
FileCopy,"%Source_ProgPath%\Files\tib_mounter.dll","%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%"
FileCopy,"%Source_ProgPath%\Files\ulxmlrpcpp.dll","%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%"
FileCopy,"%Source_ProgPath%\Files\vddapi.dll","%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%"
End

**************************************************************************************************************************

The only feature that doesn't seem to be available is the image mounting capability. That may be by design since they provide the plugin. Not sure.

The serial number import does work but errors on the plus pack key as it does not exist. Seems to work ok regardless.

I haven't tried all the features extensively or tried it in a 64 bit environment but, I have used the tool and it has worked fine so far.

Anyway this is my first (small) contribution to the community. Maybe the original Authors can verify and provide a more official verdict.

Hope this helps

#3 RedRamIH

RedRamIH

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:22 AM

Hi Jim, I have one - give me a day or so to check and make sure it works with the latest build of TI 2014.

• Brito likes this

#4 Jim A

Jim A

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

I uninstalled 2013 and installed 2014 premium.  I copied the files and added the 2014 file copies to the script.  However I can’t get the script to use my serial number so when I try to do a backup I get the message

“This is the trial message of True Image”

I have tried both letting the script do the copy and manually copying from the registry to the test box

#5 RedRamIH

RedRamIH

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Install both True Image 2014 and the "Media add-on" (the "Free Plugins" tab on their website).

To use this script...

1. Set up a directory to hold the TI-2014 Add-on zip file.  The script is set up to use C:\WinBuilder\Workbench\TrueImage but that is customizable.

2. Unzip file WinPE.zip from C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE to C:\WinBuilder\Workbench\TrueImage.

3. Copy TI-2014.script to C:\WinBuilder\Projects\Win7PESE\Apps.

4. Go into WinBuilder.

5. Before clicking "Play", go into Apps -> True Image 2014 and click the "Import installed keys" button.  You'll have to click "Run" and "OK", and your key should appear in the box.  If you changed the location of the unzipped WinPE.zip file, be sure to change it.

6. Click "Play", and it should run okay.

7. You can save the TI-2014.script file for future requirements, it has been updated to contain the True Image 2014 key.  If you save both the script file and the zip file, True Image 2014 is not required to be installed to re-run the script.

[attachment=14750:TI-2014.script

Attached Files

#6 Jim A

Jim A

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:39 AM

Thanks RedRamIH for the script

Once I figured out that you have to copy (control C) the key, hit cancel and then copy the key to the text box I was able to use TI2014 and Win7PE to do a backup and restore of a Windows 7 boot partition.

You should post the script to the download area

#7 RedRamIH

RedRamIH

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:51 AM

Jim A, you shouldn't have to cut-and-paste the key to the box, pressing the button should do it automatically.  I tested it on both 32 and 64 bit Windows 7 systems, and it worked properly for me.  Did that not work for you?

Where do I go to add it to the download area?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users