Photo
- - - - -

Strange little problem

Best Answer boxer , 06 June 2017 - 01:35 AM

Fixed after reading up on captive portals. It was the HTTPS. On WINPE SE 82 now, works great and NO Internet Explorer. B)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 boxer

boxer
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:20 PM

Strange little problem here. I had taken IE 9 off completely off my PE build. Replaced it with Firefox, works great (Firefox) - The problem: Using WLAN on XFINITY requires a logon from Internet Explorer (Tracking purposes I assume) So I need it on my build. Sooo Put the IE 9 script by Aeolis back into the components folder set everything up (locations) and attempted to extract it. I got this error: Line 1347 (File "D:\WIN7PE\Workbench\Common\Internet Explorer9\Files_x86\Files\IEPECreator.exe"): Error: subscript used with non-Array variable. Looked at the logs, nothing. Setup a whole new WINPE 82 on a different partition, same error. Downloaded a new .script thinking that was the problem, nope same error. Downloaded a new IE9-Windows7-x86-enu-  nope same error. Ideas?

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

Strange little problem here. I had taken IE 9 off completely off my PE build. Replaced it with Firefox, works great (Firefox) - The problem: Using WLAN on XFINITY requires a logon from Internet Explorer (Tracking purposes I assume) So I need it on my build. Sooo Put the IE 9 script by Aeolis back into the components folder set everything up (locations) and attempted to extract it. I got this error: Line 1347 (File "D:\WIN7PE\Workbench\Common\Internet Explorer9\Files_x86\Files\IEPECreator.exe"): Error: subscript used with non-Array variable. Looked at the logs, nothing. Setup a whole new WINPE 82 on a different partition, same error. Downloaded a new .script thinking that was the problem, nope same error. Downloaded a new IE9-Windows7-x86-enu-  nope same error. Ideas?

I wouldn't be too sure about the need for Internet Explorer (I mean would your XFINITY work only for Windows systems)?

It is more likely that *something* else (still connected with Internet connection of course) was accidentally removed.

What is the error (or more generally the behaviour) when you attempt to access internet from the Firefox on the PE?

There is/was a known issue (generically applicable to "captive portals") about attempting to access https (instead of http) not redirecting to the login page, are you sure you are not in this case? 

Back to the script, what is on line 1347 of the failing scrIpt?

Or which exact script is it? (link please).

:duff:

Wonko

#3 boxer

boxer
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:40 PM

IEPECreator is an .exe, so I can't disassemble it. So theres no way to know what is on that line. I extracted IE9-Windows7-x86-enu with 7-zip (separate folders) and WINRAR. Ran IEPECreator.exe from the respective folders and got a prompt about usage. Trying recreate the .exe is a no go, it appears it is created when the .script is run. I captured it while the error screen was still active.And no I wasn't aware of the HTTPS issue. LAN works well, no connection issue, It's the WLAN where the problem lies, this is know to work link. I just hate to put IE back on it too!

#4 boxer

boxer
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

Hey Wonko Ive been reading your stuff for years, many years! :thumbsup:

#5 boxer

boxer
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:35 AM   Best Answer

Fixed after reading up on captive portals. It was the HTTPS. On WINPE SE 82 now, works great and NO Internet Explorer. B)

#6 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:41 AM

Good. :)

:duff:

Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users