210 replies to this topic

#76 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:52 AM

When I tested the first time and it worked, I used this: https://www.teamos-h...-team-os.76902/

Better try with unmodified iso, maybe your laptop needs some drivers in the meantime and my slimmed version misses a lot of them.

In BIOS you have to disable secure boot. To do this, I had to set a supervisor bios password, otherwise I couldnt modify that. Then you can remove the supervisor password if you want. Further nothing changed, not that I could change much.

Further we have similar hardware, it should work fine. Mine has i7-8550u, with uhd 620, geforce 1050 4gb, 8gb ram, ssd 256 and hdd 1tb.

Edited by bloodhand, 17 May 2019 - 05:05 AM.

#77 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:57 AM

bootmfgw.efi works for you, that is so you don't get BCD error when booting, way before having black screen. I think you either have secure boot on, so that crashes the driver loading at boot, or there is a driver missing, specific for you machine, which i didn't need.

This is the slimmed WIn7: https://drive.google...9mdCgPWdLMEHnvL

#78 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:22 AM

Nope i had secure boot off even before, and im not sure about drivers either. Ill have a go with this iso tho.

And all command promt things with the registry keys, must they be done in an normal command promt? Or do i need to do an command promt set in for example the w drive? windows 10 mini lets you right click the drive in file explorer and run command promt like that.

#79 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:50 AM

It doesn't matter, use the desktop shortcuts from the mini win10. As long as you don't get error reports in the cmd, it's good.

Just pay attention what it does after reboot, when checking performance appears, what happens next. Maybe the march 2019 version has some updates that might be the fix for it.

#80 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:00 PM

i tried the method with the iso from the drive, and when i shut off the machine and turn it on the screen stays black, it reboots off then boots on again, it doesnt say checking performence. And stays black.

I think on the last uhd driver, witch didnt have the ikbl witch you told me after the guide, reboted and did say it was checking peformence, however i probaly shouldnt use the last driver as it isnt right.

Also for you does the command set Services=HKLM\loaded_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services say anything for you? Because when i enter the command it doesnt say any errors but doesnt say anything at all.

Edited by popoof22, 17 May 2019 - 04:01 PM.

#81 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:15 PM

When you mount the registry for cert1 and cert2, it also says nothing at all, so it works, otherwise merging the reg files would fail.

I will look a bit and edit the inf myself for you, maybe it's wrong. Did you also edited the dll files with hxd hex editor?

#82 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:10 PM

Check my inf file with your 3E9B device ID: https://openload.co/...HJ8/igdlh64.inf

#83 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:44 PM

Check my inf file with your 3E9B device ID: https://openload.co/...HJ8/igdlh64.inf

Should i just use your inf file instead of mine?

Ive not found any issues tho in the edited sections

Also i did modify the ddl files.

Edited by popoof22, 17 May 2019 - 10:09 PM.

#84 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:33 AM

You can try, then observe hdd activity led or if you have no led just listen with your ear on the laptop.

But if you say the first time without iKBL modification you got "system is checking performance" after reboot, then you should try that again and leave the installation alone for 30-60 mins, maybe it boots. That you get that checking for performance screen is very good, it means the windows uses the intel video driver accordingly, otherwise you'd get black screen and no reboot at all. This is how for me it was until I figured out the certificate part, I would not get any reboot, the fan speed would only get high and stay like this, I left it for a night. Then afterwards I figured the certificate part and then I got reboot and waited and waited, then the performance check and still waited and at last I got the OOBE part with choosing username, time, updates etc.

Can you look on the back of your laptop on the sticker to tell me the exact serial number of the laptop?

And one more thing: boot mini win10,go to device manager and tell me the exact names of the hdds and ssds you have there. I think you may have nvme ssd instead of sata as I do, therefore you'll need to slipstream 2 updates and the exact nvme driver for your ssd.

Edited by bloodhand, 18 May 2019 - 07:50 AM.

#85 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:39 PM

You can try, then observe hdd activity led or if you have no led just listen with your ear on the laptop.

But if you say the first time without iKBL modification you got "system is checking performance" after reboot, then you should try that again and leave the installation alone for 30-60 mins, maybe it boots. That you get that checking for performance screen is very good, it means the windows uses the intel video driver accordingly, otherwise you'd get black screen and no reboot at all. This is how for me it was until I figured out the certificate part, I would not get any reboot, the fan speed would only get high and stay like this, I left it for a night. Then afterwards I figured the certificate part and then I got reboot and waited and waited, then the performance check and still waited and at last I got the OOBE part with choosing username, time, updates etc.

Can you look on the back of your laptop on the sticker to tell me the exact serial number of the laptop?

And one more thing: boot mini win10,go to device manager and tell me the exact names of the hdds and ssds you have there. I think you may have nvme ssd instead of sata as I do, therefore you'll need to slipstream 2 updates and the exact nvme driver for your ssd.

Ill have a go with the one without kibl thing added, and ill use the modified iso so it wont take as long.

Heres my serial number NHQ4AEK0028430C62F3400

#86 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:43 PM

AN515-52-56X0,this is the sort of model/serial number I mean

#87 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:05 PM

AN515-52-56X0,this is the sort of model/serial number I mean

Oh then its AN151-52-35H0

#88 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:17 AM

AN515-52-53H0, you have only 1 hdd drive on the laptop, no ssd right? This means you don't need driver for ssd nvme interface.

So I would try without the iKBL and let it for more time. Because you have hdd the installation is slower than mine, I also have a ssd. Furthermore, I have no idea what to suggest.

#89 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:22 PM

AN515-52-53H0, you have only 1 hdd drive on the laptop, no ssd right? This means you don't need driver for ssd nvme interface.

So I would try without the iKBL and let it for more time. Because you have hdd the installation is slower than mine, I also have a ssd. Furthermore, I have no idea what to suggest.

I tried again but failed.

I think later ill just do the entire guide again, this time ill just replace the inf file with the one you gave me, and edit the ddl files again.

Ill try with both isos to see.

If that doesnt work. Ill do what i did in the screen shots i sent, and try using both isos.

Also is none of the commands like with the registry edits not meant to be done in (run as local machine) command promt? Because normal admin command promt is set as the x drive witch is the windows mini usb.

If their are anymore issues with the guide please let me know, thanks.

Edited by popoof22, 20 May 2019 - 03:23 PM.

#90 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:09 PM

Should i also maybe have a go at using a uhd 620 for this? Think it will boot?

#91 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:19 AM

If you don't get error when importing registry files, then the command used to mount the registry works.

No need to use UHD 620,then the driver won't be used because you have UHD 630 which has other DEV_XXXX.

You tried and failed: did you still get the "checking performance screen" or just only black screen? Remember that if you get "checking performance" screen, that means the driver for uhd 630 is loaded accordingly.

Try disabling xHCI and set another SATA mode, without optane, try all choices you have. I think this is the problem, Win 7 has no integrated drivers (or support) for optane.

https://us.v-cdn.net...wlpizqhquuz.jpg

Edited by bloodhand, 21 May 2019 - 05:30 AM.

#92 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:31 AM

I had the sata mode set as something elase, i ill have a good with it as optane sata

#93 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:07 AM

If you don't get error when importing registry files, then the command used to mount the registry works.

No need to use UHD 620,then the driver won't be used because you have UHD 630 which has other DEV_XXXX.

You tried and failed: did you still get the "checking performance screen" or just only black screen? Remember that if you get "checking performance" screen, that means the driver for uhd 630 is loaded accordingly.

Try disabling xHCI and set another SATA mode, without optane, try all choices you have. I think this is the problem, Win 7 has no integrated drivers (or support) for optane.

https://us.v-cdn.net...wlpizqhquuz.jpg

I tried with optane sata and the screen would go black for a few seconds, then some red line would come above the screem, and then it would crash and restart the machine, its set automatically as cxhi or what ever its called.

Ill have another go today, and done what i did orginaly, not editing the ibkl lines, and see if it comes up with video performence, if it doesnt then im hoping their will be some sort of solution to the issue.

#94 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:39 PM

I'm waiting for results. If you get "checking performance" after the reboot, then so far so good.

#95 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:59 AM

Hey bloodhand thanks for the respond.

I tried again, i did it how i orignaly did it in the guide first, with the ikbl lines still as your dev number, how ever i still didnt recvive checking device performence, nor even when you turn the machine off do you get the screen where it says its going back to windows.

In bios i disabled fast boot, disabled xchi usb 3 support. is their anything elase that would need disabled like intel vtx in advanced settings? Also i didnt have the sata type as optane.

Hoping their will hopfulley be a solution, is their any certen logs i can send you? I check on the c drive after i tried installing the os, and theirs an intel folder with a log file inside. Or i can also send you a quick video of what i do windows 10 mini.

Cheers.

#96 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:59 AM

You can do both if you want, send logs and video. Please include the booting of installed windows 7 in the video. Do you get a reboot or not? The whole time you do have black screen on your computer?

If you don't get checking performance and you have black screen all the time, it means the video driver is not loaded, I think.

I'll check your upcoming video and see maybe you have an error or smth.

If the video is ok, I could also try to modify and sign the driver for you, then sent you the certificates registry files and the driver. We'll see what's the issue.

Edited by bloodhand, 27 May 2019 - 05:04 AM.

#97 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:15 AM

Ill get to work right away on the video then, ill send you the logs in the intel one, but is their any specific ones that i can send?

Ill use the ikbl one in the video.

#98 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:42 AM

I have no idea about the logs, I've never checked them, but we'll try everything possible, hehe.

#99 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:23 AM

I have no idea about the logs, I've never checked them, but we'll try everything possible, hehe.

Heres the video https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

#100 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:25 AM

Everything done perfectly. The only thing I saw is that the "bootmgfw.efi" file you use has the same size as the one that gets overwritten. Did you get this file from a Windows 10 ISO as I said? Anyway, try with the file I used from my original Windows 10 on my Acer laptop: https://openload.co/...6g/bootmgfw.efi

And after the reboot, you must wait again for a while with black screen, the installation continues this way and only after a while you will get "checking system performance" on the screen. Do not power off the laptop manually, leave it alone for a long while.

I don't know if your efi file is wrong, just use mine and further do it as you did, all commands are working fine (even if the one with set services doesn't have any confirmation, it really works otherwise the following lines would not succeed). Then after reboot leave it alone for a while, it can take a long time until it passes the black screen. I have a SSD and it takes long, you have a HDD and it would take longer.

Hopefully it works, otherwise I honestly have no idea what we could try!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, windows7, usb, codeing, acer, nitro5, laptop, intel, cpu, drivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users