No replies to this topic

#1 K4sum1

K4sum1
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 3 weeks ago

r3dfox is release branch Firefox made to work on Windows 7/8. Also with limited compatibility for XP using OCAPI and Vista using the extended kernel.

Main download: https://github.com/E...r3dfox/releases

Alternative download: https://sourceforge....s/r3dfox/files/

If you run into any bugs or issues, please report it on GitHub under the issues tab. I am more likely to get to it and remember to fix it if it's there. If you don't have a GitHub account, here is fine too though.

• Brito likes this

#2 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hi,

1. be welcome :)

i have already seen the news in my rssreader quiterss about your Win7.. Browser

.. is a quite nice idea what you do for hold it Win7 compatible, because Win10 is to .. nea.. how can i say.. overwaching ....

and still deleting diffrent files, because i stay at Win7..and say therewith an big fad thank you for do that :)

i have a couples changes what you could include in your releases :

https://gist.github....comment-2597605

for have a one window only

and the possiibilitys for make links on the desktop because "browser.launcherProcess.enabled" to "false"

for enabling to creating the links on the desktop.. it change it every if i become a a update from firefox...

how it is with the silence updates of your Browser, is this the same as firefox, but with your packets ?

best

Blacky

• Brito and K4sum1 like this

#3 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4201 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

I was about to ask about the portable version if available.

•  
  • member.png.17499d675553634b46a0b88559740
  • Joined June 24, 2018
  On 4/7/2024 at 3:56 PM, D.Draker said:

Please tell us more about the portability.

Portable mode is there, the same as in any FF browser. Create cmd with the text:

r3dfox.exe -Profile "User"

Or in the shortcut add

-Profile "User"

After launching in the program folder will appear a folder User, in it will be a user profile. You can write any name instead of User.

• Blackcrack and K4sum1 like this

#4 K4sum1

K4sum1
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 3 weeks ago

i have a couples changes what you could include in your releases :

https://gist.github....comment-2597605

I want to browser to remain mostly stock. This is a change most users won't be used to. This may confuse them, so it's not something I want to include.

and the possiibilitys for make links on the desktop because "browser.launcherProcess.enabled" to "false"

for enabling to creating the links on the desktop.. it change it every if i become a a update from firefox...

Not entirely sure what you mean by that.

how it is with the silence updates of your Browser, is this the same as firefox, but with your packets ?

I haven't set up an update server yet because I don't know how. So it's just fully disabled currently.

#5 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

1. it's easy to check the Box to have to open in an own Tab, to have an tabbet browser,

it was in the past like to to have a single window for earch Webside but Mozilla

have change it.. and for more support to have a single window is this Java regestryhack more better

and the changes, what i have described in this tread https://gist.github....comment-2597605

is also comming in the last Year .. or so.. how ever, this javahacks make it easy more handy imho.. and do not really disturbs..

but would nice if it's into as ground-configuration.. (spezially for the OOOOOOOld Peoples like R.E.D ... giggle..hrhr..)

2. in Win7 is at moment the actually firefox does no more acceppt to make links at the desktop.. don't know since when have it startet..

how ever, with the normally configuration works not to put from the Icon adress line in firefox to plug-n'-play on the desktop..

wor working again without barking around and doing nothing must be there be a javascript reghack

"browser.launcherProcess.enabled" to "false"  spezially for Win7 for works to put a link to the Desktop via Mouse..

3. ah okey, nice, then selfadministration like it should be ! The news should enoug for have to make a Update

and is nothing for lazy peoples.. right so *g* hihi..

best

Blacky

p.s. if you use KDE/plasma, search for the iconthemes for "blacky" and i have at moment a 2003 Icontheme on (rebaking) baking where was withdrawn..

will be a Replica of the Blue Icontheme, but psstt.. is still TopSecret, only for the Ears of this forum ;) *beck to Brito * ;)

At moment is my System Fedora and VirtualBox and at morning In Fedora VBoxWin7+Quiterss (i know, a Linuxquiterss exist and works also .. but habits...

damn.. Reactos should become usable... :\ so, best again ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: firefox, r3dfox, windows 7, windows 8

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users