#201 MichaelZ

MichaelZ

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 333 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:04 PM

WinBuilder will only show the scripts tab once it can find at least one valid project inside the projects folder - if no projects are found it won't show the tab.

When selecting the minimum option - has script.project been selected to download at all?
Probably Nightman is still updating his server to work - can you try with another project like nativeEx and LiveXP?
good luck! :confused1:

Yes that's the problem, script.project is missing in the minimum VistaPE configuration. After adding that file everything is fine.

You should have privilige to write winbuilder.ini - adding support for complete read only might take a bit longer to be added.

I think support for read only winbuilder.ini is not really one of the hot necessary things :confused1:
I thought it would be easy to add a process terminate after the error message (I can't imagine that there is any situation where it can make sense for WinBuilder to stay alive when it can not write to it's own directory).
I run quite often into the situation that WinBuilder has no write access. I always work with no administrative rights on my desktop. So I have to use MakeMeAdmin to start WinBuilder, and sometimes/quite often I forget to use it and then I have to kill WinBuilder.exe using task manager :confused1:

Many Greetings
MichaelZ

#202 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:49 AM

The 'Main Server' always shows 10 selected files and 1.66mb to download even if I download all 10 files:

bios.bin
libusb0.dll
qemu-img.exe
qemu.exe
sdll.dll
vgabios-cirrus.bin
7za.exe
7zcon.sfx
petousb.exe
upx.exe

are the 10 files.

#203 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:22 AM

The 'Main Server' always shows 10 selected files and 1.66mb to download even if I download all 10 files:

bios.bin
libusb0.dll
qemu-img.exe
qemu.exe
sdll.dll
vgabios-cirrus.bin
7za.exe
7zcon.sfx
petousb.exe
upx.exe

are the 10 files.

Thanks for testing - are you sure these files are also not duplicates on any other webserver with same filename and different filesize (thunn's for example?)

:confused1:

#204 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:42 AM

I have 5 servers defined so yes some files are duplicated between different servers. Isn't the version checking at the server level?

The servers I have configured are:

psc.boot-land.net/Projects
vistape.boot-land.net/project
updates.boot-land.net
thuun.boot-land.net/WinBldr/XP-2K3/Projects
mobileos.boot

#205 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:55 AM

It looks like you are correct. The 2 servers:

thuun.boot-land.net/WinBldr/XP-2K3/Projects
updates.boot-land.net

have different versions of the files. The updates are alternating between the 2 servers.

#206 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:50 PM

Binary files are harder to set as versions unless we manually added a version on updates.ini, so the comparation is done based on their exact filesize.

Thunn has sent me a message asking how to upgrade his server - hopefully it should be handled soon.

The last web server will download and overwrite the files previously downloaded by the first server.

Maybe I get some time to add more coding to prevent these of duplicates to happen - althought it would be preferable to have no duplicates at all reported on the download center.

#207 powaking

powaking

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 238 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:03 PM

Binary files are harder to set as versions unless we manually added a version on updates.ini, so the comparation is done based on their exact filesize.

Thunn has sent me a message asking how to upgrade his server - hopefully it should be handled soon.

The last web server will download and overwrite the files previously downloaded by the first server.
Maybe I get some time to add more coding to prevent these of duplicates to happen - althought it would be preferable to have no duplicates at all reported on the download center.

Unless you keep all tools seperated from the projects or have each project point to a specific folder where all the tools are kept. Just a thought.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users