nativeEx_multiPE

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

I'm proud to announce nativeEx_multiPE ready for publication.

It builds a PE CD / UFD from either XP or Vista or Win7 x86 source CD.

That is the first known really multiPE project!

Download at http://nativeex.exec...eEx_multiPE.zip

Some description:

The project has three parts:
  • Core
    Depending on the source CD, PE1 / PE2 / PE2 core is installed.
  • Applications
    This part is theoretically independent from the source CD. Most "regular" app scripts can be added.
  • PEFactory
    Independent from the source CD, the final PE is built here. All tracks use the (new, UNICODE ready) nativeEx's "buildModel" functionality and create shortcuts, associations, etc. at build time. No necessarity of ressurce consuming historic build time functions like "RegAddBoot".
To start the project:
  • Download from nativeEx server (above link)
  • Start WinBuilder and open the project
  • Apply the Build Track you want to use
  • Define the according source CD XP / Vista / win7
  • When defining Vista / Win7, you must define the source WIM indexes in ImageIndexEx. If you miss that, you get an error that %Imagex% is not defined.
  • Build the project. It will run into the qEmu emulator.
    (If you have VmWare or VirtualBox emulators installed in your host, you may define them as emulator in PEFactory. They are much faster)
Every other configuration, like emulating in VirtualBox, etc, can be setup in PEFactory\Config\... Instructions can be read at the individual documentation.

BTW: The project has only very few "standard" applications included.

But it is no problem, to add most application scripts from LiveXP, Win7PE or other currently existing projects. The only prerequesite is that these application scripts have to be compliant with the actual WinBuilder syntax, and do not use "exotic" new ( C ) API functions.

Peter

#2 sara - pmedia

sara - pmedia

Frequent Member

• Lady
  • 184 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

:white_flag: :clap: :thumbsup:

#3 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:46 AM

What happened with the new version of winbuilder included in your download? It appears to run 3 times slower with my modified win7pe_se project of 93 scripts:

081 Nightly 2(81.0.1.190) ( new version ) - build time 18 minutes 7 seconds

081 Nightly 2T(81.0.2.130 ) ( old version from 9/10/2010 ) - build time 5 minutes 18 seconds

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:52 AM

Very good. Haven't tried it yet but looks promising.

:white_flag:

#5 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:52 AM

What happened with the new version of winbuilder included in your download? It appears to run 3 times slower with my modified win7pe_se project of 93 scripts:

081 Nightly 2(81.0.1.190) ( new version ) - build time 18 minutes 7 seconds

081 Nightly 2T(81.0.2.130 ) ( old version from 9/10/2010 ) - build time 5 minutes 18 seconds

That depends on the WB 080 compatibility with the linear variables replacement.

Write "System,COMP80,OFF" into [process] of script.project

Peter

#6 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

Xp, Vista, Win7 in same project, it is ambitious :white_flag:

I wanted to test it with a win7x86 as source (hostOs win7 x64) but I have an error in MultiPE configuration, here is the log.

Attached Files

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:05 PM

Xp, Vista, Win7 in same project, it is ambitious :white_flag:

I wanted to test it with a win7x86 as source (hostOs win7 x64) but I have an error in MultiPE configuration, here is the log.

I have had the error previously, and fixed.

I'll check whether I uploaded an older version by mistake.

Peter

#8 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

Yes that fixed it. Why would you not want the turbocharge option enabled by default ( or settable via Tools \ Options )?

What new features were added in your new version?

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

Xp, Vista, Win7 in same project, it is ambitious :cheers:

There is a bug in the project that the mount directories are not yet created at the very first start. I'll fix that bug soon.

Just start the build again. Then it runs well.

Peter

#10 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

There is a bug in the project that the mount directories are not yet created at the very first start. I'll fix that bug soon.

Fixed. :cheers:

Upload running. Will be finished in about 10 minutes.

Peter

#11 linuxbaby

linuxbaby

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 139 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hello pscEX

just one more fast reply

:thumbup::cheers::)

Very good work!
(It's nice to see that you are using Joshua's Win7RescuePE base.)

#12 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

Just start the build again. Then it runs well.

Mount successfully now. I currently blocking on the download of Easus, very very slow here (5 Mo/11 in 10 minutes). Maybe not select by default.

How can I use imagex 6.0 other than that the default WAIK (6.1 at home), I put it with wimgapi in Tools\nativeEx\x64

What about WB 081 Nightly 2(81.0.1.190, new features, compatibility ?

#13 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

Mount successfully now. I currently blocking on the download of Easus, very very slow here (5 Mo/11 in 10 minutes). Maybe not select by default.

Next upload I'll change

How can I use imagex 6.0 other than that the default WAIK (6.1 at home), I put it with wimgapi in Tools\nativeEx\x64

Currently the project looks for an installed WAIK. My intention was to make it easy and functioning.

Maybe there should be an option to use a custom ImageX.

What about WB 081 Nightly 2(81.0.1.190, new features, compatibility ?

Please do not try to use my "sandbox" WinBuilder for other projects. That is propably less stable then a beta and may vary from day to day. Currently it is not known when a new version of WinBuilder will be released.

nativeEx_multiPE needs this WinBuilder, because the project tests also new functionality.

Peter

#14 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

Can we please have a version of the project running with the stable edition of winbuilder?

I say this because everyone else using this project and then trying to get other projects from the download center will run into troubles.

Also, others getting this project from the download center using the stable edition will also run into troubles.

Better to use the base line version of winbuilder until a new stable becomes available.

I would really like to help this project move forward.

Thanks.

#15 doublesvsoop

doublesvsoop
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    Egypt

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

Nice work pscEx.

#16 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

Can we please have a version of the project running with the stable edition of winbuilder?

The project needs some major bug fixes made in the mean time.
One Sample:
In WB 080 (and IMHO in previous versions) there is a bug:
When you use DirCopy or FileCopy with the optional SHOW parameter (Win OS shows progress), subsequent ShellExecute commands loose the parameters, until a DirCopy or FileCopy w/o SHOW is given.
A search through actual projects gave the result, that none of them uses the SHOW parameter, and therefore the bug was not detected right now.
But nativeEx_multiPE uses the SHOW parameter. I prefer, e.g. when copying some gigabyte to an UFD, let the user see what happens, rather then hold him for 15 minutes or longer in doubt whether the app is still running or hanging.
To let nativeEx_multiPE run under the current WB version would reqire to remove the SHOW parameter in the current project. But for me it is not reasonable to remove it in my scripts, just to be compatible with a previous buggy WB version.

As said above "One Sample". There are several others. But this sample is logically fully sufficient, and I do not have to add others.

I do not cease to work outside my house in the garden, just because two toothless wolves running around in the village and to try to frighten the residents. (Honi soit qui mal y pense ...)

I say this because everyone else using this project and then trying to get other projects from the download center will run into troubles.

Actual projects like Win7PE_SE run well with it, "unfortunatelly" a bit faster.
With WB 080: Project time: 14 minutes, 36 seconds and 328 miliseconds
With 'nightly' and "COMP80=OFF": Project time: 7 minutes, 17 seconds and 906 milliseconds

Also, others getting this project from the download center using the stable edition will also run into troubles.

No troubles to download. When trying to build, the project will stop, telling that it needs a certain WB version to run.
But I can remove the project from my "single file archive" to avoid that the user spends a lot of time to download and then gets the message that it does not work. Then only the complete download is available.
As a replacement for single script downloads I have a nativeEx_multiPE download app and will include it in the project, only for downloads into the nativeEx_multiPE project. I use it since a long time, but I did not publish yet, because I'm not sure how it works in differnt project environments.

Attached Files

#17 linuxbaby

linuxbaby

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 139 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

WinBuilder 081 Nightly 2 work not fine?

I have tested the WinBuilder 081 Nightly 2 on the Win7PE_SE project.
081 Nightly 2 works correctly without any error on Win7PE_SE -(32Bit) with Multibootoptions ((at least in my environment) sorry peter for the alienation))

Can anyone tell, which experiences have you done with WB 081 Nightly 2?

#18 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

nativeEx_multiPE uses the SHOW parameter

I make use of the SHOW feature on the UXP project from 2009:
FileCopy,"%SourceDir%\*.*","%Targetdir%\",show
http://uxp.winbuilder.net/uxp/Basic/2-CopyFiles.script

Creating a graphical progress bar tool to copy all files from one side to another takes one or two hours, even less since you have access to wb's code.

If this is what it takes to make the project compatible with the stable version. It is a bit of work on your side and a lot less work/problems on the side of users running the project.

No troubles to download. When trying to build, the project will stop, telling that it needs a certain WB version to run.
And that is a serious problem my friend.

Please, I would be very happy to see it running with the stable version.

#19 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

I make use of the SHOW feature on the UXP project from 2009:

FileCopy,"%SourceDir%\*.*","%Targetdir%\",show

You did not read my description carefully enough.
Logically: "After the SHOW, following ShellExecute will loose the parameters until the next FileCopy or DirCopy command".
In your UXP project at that place there is no ShellExecute command which could be affected by the bug. So it works w/o any issue.

As I said: "Sample". I do not find it very senceful to discuss one sample after the other. Between 080 and the "nightly" version there are 75 changes, 45 of them are bug fixes.

If you think that a nativeEx_multiPE which does not work with 080 is not reasonable: You are the Boss and I would accept a "Stop development and publishing".

Until your decision between "Progress" and "Standstill", by me no more news about nativeEx_multiPE, in order not to disturbe the forum's peace. All downloads are removed from my server.

Suggestion: Why not simply publish the current nightly as beta?

I do not cease to work outside my house in the garden, just because two toothless wolves running around in the village and to try to frighten the residents. (Honi soit qui mal y pense ...)

Peter

#20 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

Just for the record and to show how much a difference in perspective may change perceived reality, from here (Outside of the Asylum) I can see no house, nor gardener and not even wolves, but only the usual bunch of headless chickens running around in circles. :w00t: :ph34r:

:cheers:
Wonko

#21 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

Just for the record and to show how much a difference in perspective may change perceived reality, from here (Outside of the Asylum) I can see no house, nor gardener and not even wolves, but only the usual bunch of headless chickens running around in circles. :cheers: :w00t:

:cheers:
Wonko

:ph34r: Also headless chickens running in circles, do not disturb me :w00t:
That is especially when they post "anywhere in the world", not here, cheeky, unfounded allegations:
(not possible to quote external links, therefore: http://www.911cd.net...ndpost&p=167612)

Remember that this is the person who has suspended Lancelot and myself from boot-land on entirely trumped-up charges/excuses (of course, he has left posts made by himself which present himself in a favourable light visible to the public, while hidden to the public posts which have pointed out that what ???? was claiming was just plain wrong) and kicked JonF out permenantly on a trumped-up reason as well. Given this past behaviour, I think we may be forgiven in thinking that ???? has to redeem himself where things that he says may be considered "well-intended"!

Not chickens, eggs with no chance to become a chicken. :smart:

Peter

#22 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:16 PM

:ph34r: Also headless chickens running in circles, do not disturb me :w00t:

Sure they don't, you are one of them, as seen from here! :w00t:

And - sorry :cheers: - but I cannot distinguish you from the other ones.

:smart:
Wonko

#23 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

We had this problem before and lessons can be drawn from the past. Do you remember how hard it is to get some sense out of Winbuilder versions 07x.xx.xx.xx.xx... ?

End users shouldn't need to deal with that kind of problem again. Your project is not "internal". It is being discussed on the public forum with people already having troubles with the wb version.

This should not be an issue to them and takes you little trouble to make it 080 compatible. If you don't, you're just aggravating the mess of getting a project to run.

Remember to keep things simple and stable for end-users.

#24 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

Time to build ;o)

#25 abozeeyad

abozeeyad
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •