#52 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Unfortunately winbuilder adds the backslash automatically when you use the filebox interface object to select a directory. I will check for the existence of the extra and remove it when the script is run.

neofita: It's the same environment as my own test machine. I have primarily used and tested with sp1 discs. If the command prompt isn't coming up instead of explorer then explorer isn't the problem. The PE just isn't booting correctly. Can you upload your .wim file anywhere for inspection?

#53 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

I have always kept any different project files completely separate from each other so I would not run into the chance that any projects would interfere with each other. For those who want to keep all projects in the same projects directory I will add %ProjectTitle% to the directory structure. 

#54 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Unfortunately winbuilder adds the backslash automatically when you use the filebox interface object to select a directory. I will check for the existence of the extra and remove it when the script is run.

A rather unknown command deletes it:

StrFormat,CTRIM,%directory%,\,%directory%

Peter

#55 neofita

neofita

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

I can not explain why, but I just rebuilt with a source-sp1 x86 and it works fine ...  :dubbio:

#56 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Version 5 uploaded. Changes:

• UEFI boot if source is x64.
  • Drivers script will not try to install drivers if driver folder is empty, thus not generating an error.
  • Used %ProjectTitle% named subfolders so project files are not mixed with other project files saved to the same winbuilder directory structure.
  • Removed double backslash when the build directory is changed from the project.script interface.

#57 Shahzaib Abbas Apml

Shahzaib Abbas Apml
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Thank You,.

#58 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

I tested version 5. All in all: :1st:

Details:

My host is xp SP3 x86: I installed DISM from German Win7 SP0 CD using multiPE functionality.

Build with English Win7 SP0 Enerprise: OK. Runds in Virtual Box.

Build with German Win7 SP0 Enerprise: OK. Runds in Virtual Box.

German keyboard is provided :good:

Generally captions are German :good: , but there are still a couple of English captions in Startmenu. :dubbio:

Suggestion: Do the time consuming DISM functions (optional) with OPEN, and the DirCopy (optional) with ,SHOW.

Otherwise unexperienced users may think that the build hangs, and abort it.

I got sometimes a hang after the wallpaper appeared, but no desktop items came up.

IMO that is not an issue of this project, but seems to be a general PE3 issue. See http://reboot.pro/to...ar/#entry165566

Peter

• esgaroth likes this

#59 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

That's a good suggestion Peter, especially since the title bar actually says "not responding" sometimes. Thanks.

#60 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

I just noticed that something I changed is making some shortcuts icons not display correctly especially with an x64 source is used. I am trying to find the cause and will get another update out soon.

#61 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Uploaded a new version. 

Scratch space can be set from the Create Build Environment script.

Shortcut icons should properly show up in x86 build. The still do not always show up properly in x64 builds.

PE does not seem to like using some environment variables. %ProgramFiles% in a shortcut path seems to be ok but %SystemDrive% is not. Even though both of these variables are initialized well before explorer starts.

In x64 build it does not seem to matter witch variable I use the icons just don't want to show up. 

#62 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

I built on XP SP3 host frim German W7 SP0 source.

The generated ISO bootet into VirtualBox. :1st:

But the created PE looks very English rather than German :dubbio:

There was an English keyboard. :chair:

%DistLang% = en-US :wodoo:

One remark on legality:

The files in Custom are non-restributables.

In Tools there are many non-distributables.

In alfa state I accept that, but would be wise to try to find legal ways (download / replace by other tools etc.) next version.

Peter :cheers:

#63 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Ah, your right, I never set %DistLang% to the source default language. I just uploaded a new version that does so. 

A word of warning to those who build on windows 8. I used an xml parser (xmlstarlet) to get the wim info. The xml.exe is identified by the windows smart screen filter as an unknown program and you are given a warning before running it. Usually this is not a problem as you just click on run anyway and it should run. In this case since the program was run from another program I was unable to interact with the smart screen filter dialogue and could not run the file. This is likely a bug in the new smart screen filter. I had to end task on winbuilder to continue. You can get around this by manually opening the tools directory and running the file xml.exe. This should prompt the smart screen filter where you can now click on run anyway and windows should not ask about this program again when it is run from winbuilder.

Also I have been unable to get shortcut icons to show up correctly in x64 builds. %SystemRoot% seems like the only environment variable that I can include in a shortcut path. Using %SystemDrive% or %ProgramFiles% results in a blank shortcut icons which still functions normally. Paths without environment variables should function normally, but due to what may be a bug in the windows api any shortcut created to a program that does not exist which has a space in the path name will have the space replaced with an underscore. X:\Program Files\ becomes X:\Program_Files\. I might have to examine the binary structure of a windows shortcut and create them manually without using anything that relies on the windows api.

#64 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

I might have to examine the binary structure of a windows shortcut and create them manually without using anything that relies on the windows api.

I already have this available.

A word of warning to those who build on windows 8. I used an xml parser (xmlstarlet) to get the wim info. The xml.exe is identified by the windows smart screen filter as an unknown program and you are given a warning before running it.

Also solved this part. Will later send you a PM with details.

#65 MakrOsha ManOb

MakrOsha ManOb
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
    Bangladesh

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Can not extract Ezpe3V7... Eror: can not open ezpe3.7z as a archive!

#66 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Can not extract Ezpe3V7... Eror: can not open ezpe3.7z as a archive!

There is one quick solution:

1) Close Internet Explorer

2) Using a different web browser, visit this page and try again.

This should solve the problem.

Good luck!

#67 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Maybe I report an issue I have here:

Extracting into ANY folder, works well.

But trying to extract EZPe3 into the root of any drive, gives the error(s) (translated from my German error message)

The compression method in <file> is not supported.

Peter

#68 MakrOsha ManOb

MakrOsha ManOb
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
    Bangladesh

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

May be There is a error in the archive.please recheck This...my download is 8.59mb.

#69 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

I just downloaded the file and extracted it to the root of my c: drive with no problems. 8.59mb sounds like the correct size. Maybe it's a specific version of 7zip that is having trouble opening it? What version do you use?

#70 MakrOsha ManOb

MakrOsha ManOb
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
    Bangladesh

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

I have tried with every Software but all are failed.....i am using 7zip 9.20.

#71 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

I have tried with every Software but all are failed.....i am using 7zip 9.20.

Have you already tried downloading the file with a different web browser?

#72 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Use 7.30 instead - https://sourceforge....thread/9d1f5836

#73 PiousMinion

PiousMinion
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

I have an official copy of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1-U.
The build process completed without a single hiccup.

Upon booting in VirtualBox though, I have a black screen with a mouse cursor and nothing else.

I sent a Ctrl+Alt+Del hoping to get a task manager, nothing.

Ideas?

#74 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

That sounds like the same problem neofita had. He treid a second build and it booted fine the next time.

I have not tried with a sp1-u disc yet though. I will download and try it out. There should be very little difference though.

#75 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

New version.

What's New in Version 8 (See full changelog)
  • 2013/02/06
  • -Minimal build option in Copy Files script. Will build a less than 100mb iso file while maintaining network, serviceability, and able to run explorer.
  • -Winbuilder was eating some spaces in the check requirement script making the project think the source media was not valid. Modified the script so that this shouldn't happen.
  • -Fixed internet explorer script so that it does not run the first run wizard when opened.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: project, winpe3, win7pe, winpe, pe3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users