TeraCopy

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:I am just trying to learn and help.
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

Posted Image

File Name: TeraCopy
File Submitter: Aeolis
File Submitted: 09 Feb 2013
File Updated: 17 Feb 2013
File Category: App scripts

CREDITS: I have based my work on the original TeraCopy script made by DarkPhoeniX, so my BIG THANK YOU for DarkPhoeniX!

DESCRIPTION: This is a TeraCopy script that gives user the ability to use it inside a PE build. It has some features to help the integration and customization, like adding shortcuts, shell integration, drag and drop integration and disable integration when scroll lock is ON. There is also the possibility to customize colors and other options. This script comes with instructions on how to do that.

THE PROGRAM: TeraCopy is a free utility designed to copy/move files faster and more secure. TeraCopy can resume broken file transfers. TeraCopy skips bad files during copy and even shows the skipped files at the end of files transfer. Calculates files CRC checksum on the fly to speed up source and target files comparison. Seamless integration with Windows Explorer allows you to keep working with files as usual.

NOTE: Due to "How to determine if a file is redistributable" (link: http://reboot.pro/3251/) I will not be able to attach the TeraCopy files to this script and integrate its extraction. So, please, do not ask for this feature. You will have to download the files yourself.

FROM AUTHOR: I hope you like using it as much as I liked improving it. I hope you can test and post your comments here. I would like suggestions on how to clean/improve this script.

Best regards,

Aeolis

Click here to download this file

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

NOTE: Due to "How to determine if a file is redistributable" (link: http://reboot.pro/3251/) I will not be able to attach the TeraCopy files to this script and integrate its extraction. So, please, do not ask for this feature. You will have to download the files yourself.

Well, NO.

Noone - with a very few exceptions - has ever considered the referenced thread as "binding" (and it wasn't actually - it was just an attempt to provide some common sense).
For the record that attempt has been widely regarded as irrlevant and blatantly ignored by - say - 4/5th of the .script developers.

So, you are doing IMHO the "right thing" :thumbup: (if Teracopy has a non-redistributable clause) BUT you are doing it on your free will, and NOT because that thread constitutes a "Rule" of some kind, and anyway also the actual Rules are ignored.

:cheers:
Wonko

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

For users who use the script at several PCs in their network:
You can help them a bit, not to define the files path at every new PC:

Have a look of e.g. at FileMon, RegMon, ProcMon scripts in my multiPE project.
Here before the first use, you attach the necessary file(s) to the script.
Then you can use your script in every PC of your domain w/o redefining the path to the nondistributable script.

BTW: When you want to distribute your script, there is a way included in the above mentioned scripts to delete the 'nondistributables'.

Peter

#4 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

Here is what the license.txt says:

2. License

TeraCopy is provided as FREEWARE for private (non-commercial) or educational (including non-profit organization) use. In these cases, you are granted the right to use and to make an unlimited number of copies of this software.

For commercial use, it is required to register this software. Registering is an important source of support in the development of future versions.

3. Restrictions on Use

This software must not be decompiled, disassembled, reverse engineered or otherwise modified.

4. Registered Version

A registered copy of TeraCopy may be used by the licensee exclusively on one or more computers, or used on a network non-simultaneously by multiple people, but not both.

#5 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

RE-quoted since the CODE does not scroll to the right:

2. License
TeraCopy is provided as FREEWARE for private (non-commercial) or educational (including non-profit organization) use. In these cases, you are granted the right to use and to make an unlimited number of copies of this software.
For commercial use, it is required to register this software. Registering is an important source of support in the development of future versions.
3. Restrictions on Use
This software must not be decompiled, disassembled, reverse engineered or otherwise modified.
4. Registered Version
A registered copy of TeraCopy may be used by the licensee exclusively on one or more computers, or used on a network non-simultaneously by multiple people, but not both.

On second attempt, maybe I found the issue :yahoo:
When you click on the scroll-bar or on the right arrow button, nothing happens.
But if you double click on them the stupid CODE box seemingly "gets focus" and starts working :) (on next click).

:cheers:
Wonko

#6 :ck!:

:ck!:
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

currently the startmenu shortcut path/folder is not fully changeable, with script gui.
it allways adds "Teracopy" (%ProgramTitle%)

just change:

If,%pCheckBox5%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,%DefaultGroupName%%ProgramTitle%

to:

If,%pCheckBox5%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,%DefaultGroupName%

#7 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Writing code and getting stuff to work when no one else can! Wrote a Windows Vista, 7, and 8 legal activation tool in VBscript and compiled it to exe. First project of this undertaking. Working on an AIO legal activation tool that includes XP.
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

ExtremeCopy is faster and in my opinion a better copying program. They also have a free home use one. Check out the Video from this link for speed test against TeraCopy.

http://www.easersoft.com/

I was so impressed with the trial pro version, I bought it. I can copy 26 gig to a NTFS formatted USB Jump Drive in 32 min. With TeraCopy, it was like 1hour 5min. I like both and not knocking your work, Aeolis

#8 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3042 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

similar "copy" tool : http://supercopier.sfxteam.org/ .

First thing I do everytime I get a new computer is to install this nice little freeware.
One thing I like : you can tune the bandwidth, useful for file copy over the WAN.

#9 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Writing code and getting stuff to work when no one else can! Wrote a Windows Vista, 7, and 8 legal activation tool in VBscript and compiled it to exe. First project of this undertaking. Working on an AIO legal activation tool that includes XP.
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

similar "copy" tool : http://supercopier.sfxteam.org/ .

First thing I do everytime I get a new computer is to install this nice little freeware.
One thing I like : you can tune the bandwidth, useful for file copy over the WAN.

Will test this out. Thanks

#10 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

Many said, RichCopy is the best, and the author finally get back to updating it. BUT, Robocopy is getting better too. :)

Any comprehensive comparison test report on most popular copiers - I mean independent? I think they all exploit or mimic Robocopy functionality though for reliability - like GUI addons.

#11 Chefkeks

Chefkeks

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

Hi Aeolis,

here's a little suggestion:

How about implementing / adding a direct download of teracopy.exe combined with extraction through innounp (inno setup unpacker), so that the winbuilder script downloads and extracts always the latest version of teracopy. I would do it myself since it's not so hard to do I guess, but at the moment I do not have the time to do it :hmm:

Thanks in advance,
Chefkeks
  • pscEx likes this

#12 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

Thats what I did ( + I attached latest copy of innounp to script ):

[Download]
If,ExistDir,%ScriptDir%Files,DirDelete,%ScriptDir%Files
DirMake,%ScriptDir%Files
WebGet,"http://www.codesecto...r%teracopy.exe"
ExtractAllFiles,"%ScriptFile%","Folder",%ScriptDir%
ShellExecute,Hide,%ScriptDir%innounp.exe,"-x -d%ScriptDir%Files -y %ScriptDir%teracopy.exe"
FileDelete,%ScriptDir%innounp.exe
FileDelete,%ScriptDir%teracopy.exe
ShellExecute,Open,%ScriptDir%Files{app}TeraCopy.exe

To [Interface] I added:

pButton2=Download,1,8,263,126,80,25,Download,0,False,False

To [Process] I added:

If,Not,ExistDir,%ScriptDir%Files{app},run,%ScriptFile%,Download
If,Not,ExistFile,%ScriptDir%Files{app}TeraCopy.exe,run,%ScriptFile%,Download
CopyProgram,%ScriptDir%Files{app}

#13 DarkPhoeniX

DarkPhoeniX

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:Interesting Things
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

i found a issue

Im busy upgrading to the win7pe_se project (from VistaPE)

i found that reg_add (API) dose not add changes to reg

so i want to convert reg_add to regwrite

Do you still have the 64.reg file ?

If,%pCheckBox3%,Equal,True,If,%SourceArch%,Equal,x64,Begin
Hive_Load,Machine
reg_add,0x1,%reg%\Classes\*\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers\TeraCopy,,"{A8005AF0-D6E8-48AF-8DFA-023B1CF660A7}".....ect

i do not have a 64bit win7.ISO so i cant capture it

#14 fuwi

fuwi

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 135 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

@Aeolis

I like your script, i use TeraCopy 2.3 beta 2. I noticed, that the option "Shutdown when transfer is complete" doesn't work (see arrow)

24g1sax.jpg

A few lines additional code makes this function working (add the code direct after "CopyProgram,%pFileBox1%\Files\{app}")

Tested in x86 and x64 builds.

CopyProgram,%pFileBox1%\Files\{app}
//- additions by fuwi:
//choice.exe (used in PowerOff.cmd)
Require_FileQ,choice.exe
If,%SourceArch%,Equal,x64,Begin
  If,Not,ExistFile,%Target_Win%\SysWOW64\choice.exe,FileCopy,%Source_Win%\SysWOW64\choice.exe,%Target_Win%\SysWOW64
  If,Not,ExistFile,%Target_Win%\SysWOW64\wpeutil.exe,FileCopy,%Target_Sys%\wpeutil.*,%Target_Win%\SysWOW64
  If,ExistFile,%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%\PowerOff.cmd,Begin
    TXTReplace,%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%\PowerOff.cmd,"SHUTDOWN -s -t 60","%WinDir%\SysWOW64\WPEUTIL.EXE SHUTDOWN"
  End
End
Else,Begin
  If,ExistFile,%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%\PowerOff.cmd,Begin
    TXTReplace,%Target_Prog%\%ProgramFolder%\PowerOff.cmd,"SHUTDOWN -s -t 60","%WinDir%\System32\WPEUTIL.EXE SHUTDOWN"
  End
End
//- End of fuwi's additions

fuwi

#15 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Dear fuwi,

Thank you for your help. I will add your suggestion ASAP. Well, I do use another script from you - FastCopy. I would like to suggest to you that you add the option to have the explorer context menu options inside a sub menu. Look at the picture below:

Image 1.jpg

Best regards,

Aeolis

P.S.: Did you test your code? Did it work as expected in x86 and x64 builds? Did it work for older versions than 2.3 beta 2?

#16 DarkPhoeniX

DarkPhoeniX

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:Interesting Things
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Dear fuwi,

Thank you for your help. I will add your suggestion ASAP. Well, I do use another script from you - FastCopy. I would like to suggest to you that you add the option to have the explorer context menu options inside a sub menu. Look at the picture below:

attachicon.gifImage 1.jpg

Best regards,

Aeolis

P.S.: Did you test your code? Did it work as expected in x86 and x64 builds? Did it work for older versions than 2.3 beta 2?

Older versions do not have what fuwi patched

But it works on the new version

#17 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Hello folks,

@fuwi: Check the new version. I have updated the script with your idea, but changed the code a little bit. Thank you for the suggestion. Could you update the FastCopy script with the suggestion I gave you?

Best regards,

Aeolis

#18 fuwi

fuwi

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 135 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

@Aeolis

FastCopy script updated, thanks for the suggestion: http://www.mediafire...gyr851ra7kkdo81

I have checked the new version of TeraCopy (in x86-build Win7PESE and Win8PESE for now), "Shutdown when transfer is complete" is working now. :thumbup:

BTW: in Win7PESE when i start the TeraCopy GUI (version 2.3 beta 2) and click "Select target folder" then i get no browser window, the target ist always set to '\'

in Win8PESE it works correctly.

fuwi

#19 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hello folks,

@fuwi: I have noticed this behavior yesterday while testing the new feature on TeraCopy script. I will study the problem and try to fix it ASAP. Could you test if this problem is related to PE environment or is a TeraCopy 2.3 beta 2 bug? I mean, could you test TeraCopy 2.3 beta 2 in a installed Windows 7?

Thank you for the feature added to FastCopy script.

Best regards,

Aeolis

#20 fuwi

fuwi

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 135 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

I mean, could you test TeraCopy 2.3 beta 2 in a installed Windows 7?

TeraCopy 2.3 beta 2 installed on my office computer (Windows 7) hasn't this problem.

fuwi

#21 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hello folks,

@fuwi: I will need your help do find what is the problem with TeraCopy. I have tracked down some dependencies for TeraCopy and still no success. I could not figure out what is the exact cause of the problem, but I do think that it is a missing dependency problem. You said it work as expected on Win8PESE, could you provide me a list of .dll and .exe files inside your System32 and SysWOW64 (in case you build a 64-bit project)? Or provide me a detailed support log? Or both?

Best regards,

Aeolis

#22 fuwi

fuwi

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 135 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

@Aeolis

attached the lists of exe's and dll's in System32 of my (booted) Win8PESE x86