#551 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

That is my nickname I have had in school.

Hey, snake ;),

seemingly you were at the time either "supercool" :thumbup: or not very popular  :dubbio: :ph34r:

Seriously besides the snake, the google translation of the reply makes no sense, did you write to Mr. Tobias Winnes in English as you posted or in German?

Maybe there was a misunderstanding on his part of the request in English :unsure:.

:cheers:

Wonko

#552 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

In #1 are both assumptions wrong.
With the background of my name, and because I could bend my joints unusual, I got that nickname.

To #2: I wrote like here posted. I assume he understood that as beggar behaviour.

Peter

#553 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Back to the issue at hand, did you try with the DEMO?

Seemingly it has a 40 minutes "working timeframe" before becoming disabled/needing reboot, it should be enough:

http://www.freedomsc...s-downloads.asp

http://www.freedomsc...o-downloads.asp

additionally it seems like for making the "demo" a fully functional version, only entering registration data is needed.

Wonko

• pscEx likes this

#554 Ivan Kostov

Ivan Kostov

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    Serbia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Hello! Ok, but if you ca't integrated in multi pEE does possible making a script for demo version of jaws? For example demo vversion works 40 min and after that someone can continue work with nvda or something

#555 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'll give the jaws demo version a trial.

Peter

#556 Ivan Kostov

Ivan Kostov

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    Serbia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hi, here is tryal version of jaws, and necesary shared componets, video intercept, sysnthesizer eloquence, admin tool and more. Jaws requeired misual c++ redistributable packhages 2008 and 2010 for running

tryal portable

ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/JAWS/J14.0.1037_Portable-32bit.exe

Freedom scientific video intercept and all another tools for 32 bit

ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/Tools/FSVideoIntercept-32bit.exe

Antentin! You must extract this file, and all msi packages wich contains in this settup

#557 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

"Portable" is a very good finding!

I like portables!

Will try it before the "standard" one.

Peter

EDIT: OOPS: Appearently it is is cracked and offerred via torrents (inspite the URL looks very serious).

Not a candidate for reboot.pro, nor for me.

Just to compare the URLs:

Original: http://www.freedomsc...s-downloads.asp

Waret: ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/JAWS/J14.0.1037_Portable-32bit.exe

IMO already the use of freedomscientific.com comes into the near of "that is a crime"

@Ivan: I try to do really everything (I can do) to fullfill the needs of members, but i'll never intentionally offer some illegal stuff.

#558 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

It seems to me like you have some issues with protocols, http is not ftp and ftp is not torrent (and BTW the fact that something is offered via torrent, which is NOT the case, does not mean that it is illegal, bittorrent is also used to provide totally legitimate files)

The ftp address:

ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/

is seemingly an "open directory" FTP.

DEFINITELY it resides on the SAME domain as the http web site freedomscientific.com :

http://freedomscientific.com/

or

http://www.freedomscientific.com/

WHAT :w00t: is the problem? :unsure:

Wonko

#559 Ivan Kostov

Ivan Kostov

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    Serbia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hello! This is official urls from freedomscientific website.

The adress with this downloads is:

http://www.freedomsc...ve.asp#download

I hoped  that now all are correct, and jawstandalone will be verry hard to integrate. But you try. Thanks a lot

#560 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

WHAT :w00t: is the problem? :unsure:

I cannot reproduce. The URL is ok.

But I'm rather shure that I came to a page telling about 'cracked' and offering the download via torrent.

Peter :confused1:

#561 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

I cannot reproduce. The URL is ok.

But I'm rather shure that I came to a page tellink aqbout 'cracked' and offering the download via torrent.

Peter :confused1:

A glitch in the matrix :w00t: then - it can happen alright and to everyone - but the "crying wolf" was possibly a bit premature.  :whistling:

Basically you accused another member of promoting Warez and/or inducing you to use them on no grounds of any kind. :ph34r:

Hopefully Ivan Kostov :thumbup: didn't take it "the wrong way", and everything is again "fine and dandy" :).

Wonko

#562 Ivan Kostov

Ivan Kostov

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    Serbia

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hello!

ok, no problem, but i don't understand panic! Ok maby some urls  maby in a comments and some torrents, with cracked version of jaws, but i don't see relation from this torrents and my sugestions  for creating scripts for demo version!

#563 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Dear Mr Kostov

I have two useful suggestions for You.

Do not use Jaws with live projects, as Jaws have been developed for standard installations, integrating videointercept is not easy and it will be may be very complex, as universal video driver can make some hydden complex issues while working with Jaws.

It is even not easy to synchronize Jaws startup and sound driver and sound service, remember on The systems with 512 MB of RAM.

Try to use NVDA with Win7 PE NVDA2, solution will ve very probably available to fix memory related problems.

It is not good idea to work with Jaws in live mode of Windows operating system, as there is problem with some specific Jaws features. How You will use Jaws specific features related to Powerpoint? Or Microsoft Word?

Will You try to use Microsoft Word in live mode?

I think, that NVDA is ideal screen reader for live projects, as integrated programmers techniques are fully compatible with live projects design, there is no ned to start The reverse engineer process of analysing registry values of standard Windows installation, which registry keys have been created while installing Jaws, video intercept of this product, ETC.

I have even found out, that there can become very complex programmers issues while triing to use some complex programs in live mode.

For example, some Borland delphi compiled .exe programs can not be used in live projects mode while running projects based on WIndows PE no matter, if on version 1.0, so installation source were Windows Xp or Windows PE 3.0, installation source have been used as Windows 7.

For example, hddregenerator .exe GUI application can not be used, there is some complex issue with access violation address.

And Jaws is using much more complex dlls and activex controls.

You would end with AN live project, which would had to be used with setpagefile.exe to use Windows swap file of internal harddisk IDE or SATA compatible.

So my suggestions are:

1. use The latest MULTIPE from Peter Schlang, use it with NVDA, You must locate The mynvda script, use radio button portable NVDA from path, browse to The folder with portable NVDA installation.

Use The Windows XP installation source, and aspecially, activate The activate NVDA checkbox as a first checkable object after running winbuilder.exe

After extracting Multipe archive.

Multipe is supporting NVDA, but You must press TAB and Space key after booting resulted .iso to confirm, that NVDA should be automatically loaded.

USB headsets or USB sound cart to work ith it.

Kindand soft Mr Amalux have been created LX project, which is supporting Windows XP as source.

I Am recommending You to use XP live projects, as there is very little memory consumption while working with The project.

Using for example antivirus tools is allocating many MB of RAM, clamwin portable will allocate for example more than 50 MB, so it is not always easy to use live projects successfully with NVDA, as NVDA will allocate minimum of 32 MB.

There is no other free international alternative, which would allocate less memory.

Even those issues are not good, The fact is, that using live CDS based on Windows preinstalled environment is much universal way for visually impaired users to access The compromited systems.

Eventhough there are articles on The Internet, which will allow You to create universal XP or even Windows 7 bootable USB sticks, Windows OS will run not in live mode, but as a full featured OS, there is licensing issue and memory allocation issue.

Live projects are The fastest possible way to boot this kind of repair environment, boot data can not be randomly corrupted so easy.

So use Multipe firstly, then try to use Windows 7 based project, Windows 8 would use much more RAM, because newer version of WWindows will use more memory and XP is for us The fastest and memory efficient way to use repair environment.

Linux live CDS will never allow You to check The NTFS file system or even modiffy registry safely.

#564 Ivan Kostov

Ivan Kostov

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    Serbia

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

hello!

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, i personally  don't like nvda, because this software do not have video intercept drivers, and for example you cant using acronis products with out jaws, for example. Of course, better is using nvda, of  don't using nothing :)). I'm only asked wat happened with integration of jaws does possible, or window-eyes are also good solution. Ok i will try multi PEE with  latest version of nvda and post rezults

#565 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Dear sir,

I understand You, acronis disk director and other products from Acronis can not be really used with NVDA.

But there are alternatives, which are fully compatible with NVDA. For example, old version of SelfImage

I know, that Acronis product can create clone of The partition and Windows can be transferred even to other computer, so it can create hardware independent operating system thank to this program.

I would like to tell You some licensing facts.

To be in The legal terms of licenses with Windows operating system, use live project only with The computer, on which You are having licensed copy of Windows.

I give You one example, to be in The harmony with license condition, if You do not have multi licensed copy of Windows, You can not use live CD created by installation source with Windows on other computers, for example, You can not use live CD on The friends computer.

To be legal, Yours friend would had to lend You installation CD, You would had to be in The presence of this friend, with his computer and by using his computer, You would had to create live CD by using Winbuilder.

It is sad, but live CDS are based on original installation source from Microsoft, so it is not possible to bring this CD similarly like Linux live CD where You would want.

So this project is amazing but it require high level of responsibility from us like a visually impaired users.

Microsoft is very power company and it is not good to make The enemy from power company.

So example from The practice:

If You have OEM license with Windows XP or Windows 7, live CD can be created only on A computer, which is licensed to The Windows operating system, which You are using with it.

It is inpossible to use this live CD in second computer even with The same version and edition of Windows. You would had to recreate The live CD by using Winbuilder also on The second computer.

If some friend is using licensed copy of Windows, You must use Winbuilder on his computer, which is containing licensed copy of Windows, You can not use installation CD with Yours computer to create live CD.

I know, that it is cruel rule, but i think, that i Am near The true and it is very important to be very responsible while using Winbuilder projects.

Next licensing issue is while integrating applications.

It is not possible to always integrate every program, some programs must be downloaded by using Winbuilder from The Internet from The servers, which are containing The application files.

So please work with live CDS very responsively. Also blind users can be taken to The prison. And The prison is very sad place A specially for us.

To stay quite, use project from Peter Schlang, he is doing his best to create legal licensed projects.

Peter is excellent programmer with good heart, he is very experienced and i think, that thanks to his projects and development, many users of reboot PRO site can live very happily in this world.

By The way, i have one kind information for Peter related to Windows 8 development, but i will post it to other threat.

#566 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

This information is mainly for Peter Schlang.

Dear Peter,

I have analysed Yours difficult programmers work which You had spended on MuLTIPE.

If i can be openheart to You, i do not know, why You have decided to stop develope support for Windows 8. I have functioning live CDS created on some versions of MULTIPE, Windows 8 installation source can be really used.

I have even solution for You to make functioning project.

First of all, i will tell You, which version of MULTIPE have produced fully usable Windows live project based on Windows 8.

It is not necessary to add complex support for all Windows 8 components.

Why not to use some PE shell such as startPE.exe instead of explorer.exe,

Why not to use some reliable file manager instead of Explorer.exe.

I will be very kind to YOu and i Am suggesting You to develope Windows 8 support together.

Well, i understand You, that adding sound support to this project is too complex, i will not intrude with it, we have projects based on Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Because there are may be no many users, who would like to help You, i AM ready to help You.

So in The weekend, i will introduce You realistic solution, which will return Windows 8 support to The MULTIPE, or atleast we can create one version, which will create Windows 8 live project.

I know, that Windows PE is primarily created to use command prompt with many external commands with .exe extension, that device drivers can be loaded, ETC.

So i Am suggesting You to leave complex support for Explorer.exe and context menus, control panels appled for Windows 8, my soft mother will help me and i Am really sure Peter, that we will prepare Windows 8 support together.

And as i tell You, i can use my computer and explorer. exe integrated to some versions of MULTIPE.

So it is really no reason to remove Windows 8 support from MULTIPE projects.

#567 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

Version 72 published.

What's New in Version 72

• Added NVDA script to Win7 track
  • Enhanced support for NVDA users
  • Redesigned WBManager functionality

Some technical details:

NVDA script is added to the build only by checking "Add NVDA Support" in the project GUI. All necessary scripts (depending on XP / Win7 track) are added to the build automatically.

The NVDA to be added to the build, must be a portable version (generated from the installed NVDA).

In multiPE\Core\Core Apps\Accessibility\myNVDA there must be defined, where to find NVDA portable in the host's file system.

Classic WinBuilder (Delphi coded) has Message boxes wich only show the buttons to NVDA. Test is not recognised.

By checking "Audio for blind Users" in the project GUI, the user hears the text of the message box, while it is displayed.

Unfortunatelly the NVDA build-in eSpeak is not accessable by multiPE.

Therefore this feature needs eSpeak installed.

When eSpeak is not installed, multiPE generates a voice output by using Windows SAPI.

Until now, NVDA does not see any (delphi feature!) labels in the different script GUIs.

Now by a slightly modified WinBuilder.exe, the labels are recognised by NVDA.

There is no way for NVDA to recognise the toolbar buttons e.g. Blue Play Triangle.

Now by a slightly modified WinBuilder.exe, there are some hot keys provided.

All hot keys use <Shift> <Alt> as trigger.

• P meaning Play: Start the build
  • E meaning Edit: Open the Edit area, where you can change the script source code
  • A meaning Abort: Go back to the main project tree, aborting changes
  • S meaning Save: Go back to the main project tree, after saving the changes
  • T meaning Tools: Open the Tools area
  • X meaning Exit: Go back to the main project tree from Tools area

Peter

Download page

#568 TheRookie

TheRookie

• Advanced user
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:computers: (repairing, administration), reading: (technological info), outing: (having a good time), music (electronic, house, instrumental...) and hiking
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

Hello,

wow, it has been a long time indeed.

I have not forgotten the wonderful friends here at reboot.pro :) I would like to say thanks to you Peter for your work on MultiPE although I'm abit lost on all these wonderful PE's since I've not been here for ages, I will try to catch up and see how a new PE with NVDA goes.

#569 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

Version 73 uploaded.

Small enhancement:

What's New in Version 73
  • When eSpeak is not installed on the host, use Windows SAPI from multiPE internal vbscript to speak message box texts.

Peter

#570 Zimmy

Zimmy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

Excellent, thank you for the hotkeys in the latest version Peter.

#571 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

Version 75 is ready for download.
What's New in Version 75

• In the project: For blind users input to file boxes via editable text file.
  • During PE boot: Automatic answer to "Driver Signing" dialog.
  • After the screen reader is started: Switching between the different audio endpoint devices, until the blind user hears something.

Base for the changes is the discussion in the topic "PE for blind people"

Post #2 of that topic contains a short tutorial, how a blind user can build and start a PE.

Peter

#572 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

Version 76 uploaded.

What's New in Version 76
  • Fixed an issue with syncronisation problems after new installation. That caused NVDA not beeing copied to the PE.

Blind users, please have a look at the small tutorial

Peter

#573 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

Version 77 is ready for download.

What's New in Version 77

• Some smoothing of screen reader support.

The build boots without user interaction into hearable NVDA  with:

• Win7 booting with boot.wim: VirtualBox, ISO CD, UDF
  • XP booting with RAM Disk: VirtualBox, ISO CD, UDF
  • XP flat booting: VirtualBox, UDF.

Peter

#574 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

Any chance to add Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)

Have a program that requires it, and currently can not get it to run from multiPE

Thanks

sebus

#575 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

Any chance to add Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)

Have a program that requires it, and currently can not get it to run from multiPE

Thanks

sebus

Wouldn't Amalux's script work (possibly with some little modifications)? :unsure:

http://reboot.pro/to...support-for-pe/

:duff:

Wonko

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: win7pe, vistape, multiboot, pe3, livecd, pe2, pe1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users