#1 befrielse

befrielse

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

Hi,

I'm booting a dos floppy image from a usb stick. Everything works ok, besides DOS cant mount the USB-stick. I hade tried all usbdrivers (Panasonic, Duse...) but they all hangs (x64 machine error?). How do i mount the USB-stick and assign a drive letter to it?

Or is DOS dead?

/Christer

#2 Sha0

Sha0

WinVBlock Dev

• Developer
  • 1682 posts
  • Interests:Booting
  •  
    Canada

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

If you are booting from the USB disk using the BIOS' boot choice, then the BIOS provides an INTerrupt 0x13 service to access the USB disk.

Please describe how you are booting the floppy image; you really should be able to access the USB disk. If you cannot, perhaps your DOS does not support the particular filesystem type you formatted onto the USB disk. Please share the partition layout and partition type ID(s) you are using.

Beyond that, I have a USB driver for DOS somewhere around... Let me try to find it and provide references.

The contents of this DOS disk with USB support are:
  • COMMAND.COM (DOS command interpreter)
  • CONFIG.SYS (provided below)
  • DI1000DD.SYS ("Ninja ASPI DISK DRIVER Ver2.00" or is it "DI1000 ASPI DISK Driver Ver 2.00 Copyright©2001 NOVAC Co.,Ltd."?)
  • IO.SYS (DOS)
  • MSDOS.SYS (DOS)
  • USBASPI.SYS ("ASPI Manager for USB mass-storage Version 2.06 ©Copyright Panasonic Communications Co., Ltd. 2000-2003")
  • USBCD.SYS ("USB CD-ROM Device Driver Version 1.00 ©Copyright Panasonic Communications Co., Ltd. 2000-2003")

CONFIG.SYS:

devicehigh=USBASPI.SYS /e /o /u /v /w

devicehigh=USBCD.SYS /d:USBCD001

devicehigh=DI1000DD.SYS

#3 befrielse

befrielse

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:11 PM

I boot from usb-stick fat32 (bios boot)on a Acer Aspire 7551 into isolinux. Then i choose to load a dosimage into ramdrive. And then my USB-stick is lost. And every try to start a usb driver fail. Everyone hangs

Edited by befrielse, 04 May 2011 - 03:37 PM.

#4 Sha0

Sha0

WinVBlock Dev

• Developer
  • 1682 posts
  • Interests:Booting
  •  
    Canada

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

I boot from usb-stick fat32 (bios boot)on a Acer Aspire 7551 into isolinux.

Is this the "isohybrid" method that you're using, then?

Then i choose to load a dosimage into ramdrive.

How? What is in your ISOLINUX.CFG file?

And then my USB-stick is lost. And every try to start a usb driver fail. Everyone hangs

What DOS version? Maybe it doesn't support FAT32?

#5 befrielse

befrielse

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

Is this the "isohybrid" method that you're using, then?

Boot from usb in my bios on the laptop. Then isolinux on my usb-memory (made with Sardu). then i boot a 1.44 mbyte dos image from usb-stick

How? What is in your ISOLINUX.CFG file?

kernel /memdisk
append initrd=/boot.gz

What DOS version? Maybe it doesn't support FAT32?

I dont have it in front of me right now so i cant tell you. Yes i have difficulties to read ntfs and perhaps even fat 32

Edited by befrielse, 04 May 2011 - 04:13 PM.

#6 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:47 AM

If you are rebooting from the usb disk using bios then there is a need to visit our site https://somecrappysite for short out your error.

Thank you for your timely answer, but we do NOT need this kind of assistance.

For those curious, the site Anjuchauan linked to is one of the zillion generic computer help sites that attempts to trick the visitor into runnning their crappy automagic software that in theory can fix each and every error in your PC, but that in practice may do every kind of malicious activity.

STAY CLEAR OF IT.

:duff:

Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users