#27 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:24 AM

Can you make your modified version of win7pe use a different directory than the official win7pe? Also make the Title in script.project different from that version.

That way your files won't get overwritten by downloads from the official win7pe site and if both are viewed in winbuilder its easy to differentiate between the 2 versions.

#28 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

Time for new project Multi7PE SE

Project can now exist beside original Multi7PE

SideBySide & component cache cleanup , a few thousand files no longer have to be copied :)

Build time should be pretty fast now.

New script 'Common-files' for special files like MSVBVM60.dll, which hopefully find there place someday inside app scripts.

Postconfig allow to use maximum compression, but be aware this can take some minutes.

:thumbup:

#29 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:02 AM

Thanks JFX,

more support is on the way .... :)

edit:
post31 short link for same file http://www.mediafire.com/?zmzzkmj4y2z

#30 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:48 PM

Thanks

First run I got the MSVBVM60.dll file can not be copied , So I just unchecked halt on errors second run went fine, I rechecked halt on errors, now all runs build fine.. for me it was first build VoDoo. :thumbup:

Yes builds are faster. i can do more testing in one day .. :thumbup:

I noticed shells are back. So this will work with 32 and 64 builds

I tested both 32 and 64 and both built and booted

Now i will try adding scripts..
More later

I am also looking at patschs work with portable apps. :)

#31 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:49 PM

Hi all,

here is more support to the project

http://www.mediafire...10_Capi_Plus.7z

most important capi added, plus a set of minor things, I guess you will like.

@PaPeuser

now with capi support, multiarchitecture scripts as well as other app scripts that require capi should be working properly now.
I hope your app script tests will be smoother.
I feel better to share your reports here

@JFX
:)

#32 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:42 PM

Hello...
Why do I feel like I start over every day ...LOL... :thumbup: :w00t: :thumbup: But good things are happening

I noticed something I wanted to ask,,
if Main Configuration settings are
Main Shell – Peshell Swapper and under shell both explorer and peshell are selected
This works for a 32 bit build
When building a 64, are those settings defaulted to explorer, so that you don’t have to reset script selection???
Is this true??
If this is true great…………….. I like Multi Win7PE :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quck test
First run booted in VMware to desktop and it said my CD door was open, (storcut.exe error) i check door was closed!! (no other scripts added)
This happen once or twice with last package - i thought it may have to do with a script i added, but this error went away. (VoDoo)?
second try in VMware i got a no disk in A: drive -clicked try again,, and it booted fine ---
All tests above in VMware ...

Copied to usb and booted
Noticed Vista start loading bar.. Booted fine with no errors

Nice shutdown options
More later.. Thanks :w00t: :)

#33 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

@Lancelot
That's great!!! thanks :thumbup:

I noticed something I wanted to ask,,
if Main Configuration settings are
Main Shell � Peshell Swapper and under shell both explorer and peshell are selected
This works for a 32 bit build
When building a 64, are those settings defaulted to explorer, so that you don�t have to reset script selection???
Is this true??

Every x64 build still make use of PEShell, just timeout set to zero.

Hmm, i've no idea for the new VoDoo about shortcuts :) hope i can reproduce it.

7 boot screen removed as it makes boot slower and didn't seems useful.

#34 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

I have been playing with just a bit, but am getting issues when trying to punt the WIMs with imagex.

Not a WB or project issue, since even with a cmd shell (administrator), I get a weird error message, and it fails to find the path to the file (or something like that)...Am looking forward to playing with this...OH well, time for some vodoo of my own... :thumbup:

Scott

#35 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

Hello
I think i have down loaded every possible project so far. :thumbup:
I downloaded the last 3 ? to a new folder, set source and built.

I never had trouble punting anything so far, :thumbup:

I always use a new folder,, easier to delete,, :w00t: :thumbup:

VoDoo :thumbup: hunter :)

Try this Link Deleted post 28

good luck let us know how you do

#36 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:17 AM

I always use a new folder,, easier to delete,, :thumbup: :thumbup:

YES, me too!

VoDoo :) hunter :w00t:

Try this package post 28

good luck let us know how you do

OK, it is the imagex executable in the %tools% area that can't properly mount the .wim files on my machine, which is a Win7 X64 AMD processor machine. When I use the one in the WAIK, it mounts just fine.

SO, I could patch this over, BUT, it seems to me that the logic in the 0-preconfig is WACKY... :thumbup:

First off, the form field for the WAIK is a "directory" type field, so WB (at least in the version I am using, which is the pre-alpha) puts a trailing "\" on it when you browse to it using the folder icon. I think this is correct behavior.

But the script, when it tries to find the WAIK, adds in another "\" before it tries to append the rest of the path
"%pFileBox1%\Tools\%SysType%\imagex.exe"
OK, I can probably fix that manually by just deleting the trailing slash...

NOPE...the %SysType% doesn't seem to be set, so again, lines 63 and 64 (I am using the initial release of the "SE" version, and not the CAPI version yet) still fail, since it seems %SysType% isn't set right yet either...

BUT, in looking at the script, I also see a lot of strange logic... :thumbup: If we are looking in the %tools% area at the start of the script (and printing out a file imagex is NOT in the %tools%) why would we go looking for it in the waik...and if we go looking for it, and even if %SysType% was set, that we just re-write the variables in 65 and 66 to point back there anyway, why did we even look for it in the first place?

Am going to try the CAPI version...Might also look into a re-write of this (or a blending of it with PSC's stuff from the NativeEX7), and I can always work around this by just copy over of the tools to the %tools% area... :thumbup:

Onward and Upward...

#37 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:17 AM

OK, with a little tweaking of the CAPI version, I am making progress...In it, Lancelot added in some code to check and set SysType - I just added a call to that routine at the start of processing so it will be set. I then moved the calls to the Auto-Detect and finding of the Win7 CD image up to the top as well.

The other change was to the logic inside the logic for finding the ImageX from the folder variable set in the interface (remove extra "\" in the code, and to bracket the other sections with code that sees if the previous ones set the variable of ImageX
If,ExistFile,"%pFileBox1%Tools\%SysType%\imagex.exe",Set,"%IMAGEX%","%pFileBox1%\Tools\%SysType%\imagex.exe"

If,ExistFile,"%pFileBox1%Tools\%SysType%\imagex.exe",Set,%ImageTool%,"ImageX"

If,%ImageTool%,NotEQUAL,"ImageX",Begin

If,ExistFile,"%Tools%\imagex.exe",Set,"%IMAGEX%","%Tools%\imagex.exe"

If,ExistFile,"%Tools%\imagex.exe",Set,%ImageTool%,"ImageX"

END

If,%ImageTool%,NotEQUAL,"ImageX",Begin

If,ExistFile,"%ProgramFilesDir%\Windows#$sAIK\Tools\%SysType%\imagex.exe",Set,"%IMAGEX%","%ProgramFilesDir%\Windows#$sAIK\Tools\%SysType%\imagex.exe"

If,ExistFile,"%ProgramFilesDir%\Windows#$sAIK\Tools\%SysType%\imagex.exe",Set,%ImageTool%,"ImageX"

END

p.s. Lancelots code changes also used variables for project name and some other clean ups

B U T... :thumbup: :thumbup: :)

I really wish we would ALL be better about making change notifications in the code (like the version number and date) so we can keep track of whats what!!!

As I said above, really need a way to hook in the stuff peter did to use his tool and not ImageX (it's not just the cache process that causes that to be a speed daemon :w00t:

#38 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:30 AM

As I said above, really need a way to hook in the stuff peter did to use his tool and not ImageX (it's not just the cache process that causes that to be a speed daemon :)

I feel it would be much more easier to make win7pe_se having support to all pe2/3 sources by using imagex for now. Keep in mind project is still evolving.
Besides you can do yourself. It is an addon project specially for win7rescue for specially win7 source. Maybe you can do some arrangements to make it work on win7pe_se for cases when win7cd used as source, It is up to you, I feel nothing about win7pe_se.

I really wish we would ALL be better about making change notifications in the code (like the version number and date) so we can keep track of whats what!!!

normally we do that, but since currently project is at beta stage I followed easier path like JFX to gain valuable time. After project gets out of beta to a stable further updates will will the way you want. There are still things to be done :thumbup:.

#39 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:04 AM

I feel it would be much more easier to make win7pe_se having support to all pe2/3 sources by using imagex for now. Keep in mind project is still evolving.

Yes, I know...it's just that imagex sometimes just "hangs" on my machine...I have to use a tool like procexp to watch it, and when it flatlines at 0% CPU and ) I/O for a few minutes, kill it off. BUT, with the other changes I made to the pre-config, it worked like a charm. :thumbup:
It still had both shutdowns on it, and a few other minor issues, BUT, overall, VERY NICE...

Besides you can do yourself. It is an addon project specially for win7rescue for specially win7 source. Maybe you can do some arrangements to make it work on win7pe_se for cases when win7cd used as source, It is up to you, I feel nothing about win7pe_se.

So, the goal here is to allow either vista OR 7 as source (and 32 OR 64 bit?)

I am A-OK with that as a goal, and as I am still learning some of this, might just try to do something like that...Or might just look at more general cleanups in the way the front end config of things doesn't really pass back to the ISO stages very well...Seems like a lot of dead code is still hanging around from very early versions of these scripts, etc. (something I also noticed on the win7rescue stuff as well...

normally we do that, but since currently project is at beta stage I followed easier path like JFX to gain valuable time. After project gets out of beta to a stable further updates will will the way you want. There are still things to be done :).

OK - I can buy that (for now)...

Be more than happy to continue to test/help debug...So far, this looks promising (the addon of the WOW64 stuff, etc...)

#40 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:24 AM

OK - I can buy that (for now)...

Well I never fake, normally we add history notes :) check this: http://livexp.boot-l.../WimBoot.script you can be "sure" it will be similar after some point.

Seems like a lot of dead code is still hanging around from very early versions of these scripts, etc.

Yep I notice that too, I did not touch some of them for now :). (and you might notice I only comment out // with the ones i am sure)

as far as i remember, imagex of waik 1.1 always run smoother & faster than others. I remember KB3AIK_EN's imagex working very slow here in my ollld tests. Maybe helps.

BUT, with the other changes I made to the pre-config, it worked like a charm. :thumbup:

better if you can attach your pre-config script :w00t:.

Well keep in mind, JFX is the master of the project. I am around only to support the project with my experiences through LiveXP which I still love most :thumbup: . As long as I find time I will keep supporting JFX and Win7PE_SE. It is one of my favorite since yahoouk's FE and I am glad JFX making his hands dirty by starting the resurrection and enhancement which made me feel I should make my hand dirty to help. :)

#41 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

Currently there seems to be 2 active threads about Multi 7PEs. One should be closed as its confusing.

#42 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

Hello
This is my fault the idea was

Development issues and basic support for Win7PE its self chould be here in this topic. The development team can discus ideas and keep track of changes.

The Updates Win7PE topic should be more about what scripts work and what the average user like me experience when any project is tried. When a new user tries a Win7PE package for the first time it would be better to get support there.

By adding Updates Win7PE we were hoping to get more people involved in this project and it has work, maybe not as intended.

So if I try a posted package add scripts I will report my finds in Updates Win7PE and let the developer work it out.
I just was trying to avoid one topic with 100s of posts. But maybe to many topics are just as bad. so what to do ?

#43 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:09 PM

Hi all,

here is revised package after PaPeuser post 10 here
http://www.mediafire...api_Plus_Rev.7z

now avira downloads, runscanner works, and I hope there will not be further troubles about processing apps scripts.

Log of changes:
To help JFX checks easier, Truely Nothing on project scripts. Only workaround used to avoid wb bug on all scripts that have potential lines. No syntax etc. added.

@JFX
I hope now you can get rid of some ghosts which I guess around you for a while. :) :thumbup:
btw, I guess it might be better if current topic have "Multi 7PEs SE" title , I hope you like the idea. :)

@PaPeuser
Project is not ready for end user. I feel it is very hard and time consuming for JFX supporting all these sources with core scripts + core applications and making improvments on project scripts and organisations. One step a head, one by one : :thumbup:
notes:
nope bsexplorer shortcuts are not created for now (and I feel it has no importance for now :))
if runfromram not true on app scripts, than shortcut not created (double click :w00t:)
An idea if you like: why not change other topic name from "Updates Win7PE" to "Win7PE SE Test Results". And I guess it maybe helpfull to JFX (and me) if you gather things (links to posts with little instruction) at post #1 there. (ex: "sbaeder notes post x , post xx", etc...).

Happy testing :thumbup:

#44 yahoouk

yahoouk

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:22 PM

Maybe you can do some arrangements to make it work on win7pe_se for cases when win7cd used as source, It is up to you, I feel nothing about win7pe_se.

Yes, you can copy all project and cosmetic on main scripts and change version and change author name and name it like Multi7RescuePE. That would be very interesting for people.

:wodoo:

YahooUK

#45 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

Yes, you can copy all project and cosmetic on main scripts and change version and change author name and name it like Multi7RescuePE. That would be very interesting for people.

Yes, might try that...But back to the pre-config script...The more I scratch at itthe more things I find "wrong" or just "dusty and cobwebs" from past lives.

It has a lot of logic to try to use the WAIK instead of the DVD source...I'm guessing that is OK and desired? But as with the finding of a correctly installed WAIK for ImageX, it gets it wrong (but it did have the line that strips off the trailing "\" on the folder if supplied.

I know it is "working" but it doesn't seem "bullet proof"...(like trapping a non-zero exit code from ImageX on the mount, etc...So maybe (in a PM?) you or Lancelot can give me the desired logic flow at a high level, and I can do a better clean up (rewrite)...I am getting a bit :wodoo: wound up around the difference between using the WimUtil that embedded into the script and ImageX...What circumstances (other than the 64 bit case, which is at least trapped) is important, and things like should it exit or halt the script, etc. <_<

Rather than upload the whole script, with the binaries in it, etc, here is the simple "patches" I did...

This first one was basically moving around some of the processing logic to set the type first, and do the crazy open of the tools.txt file (and rename the routine to have Caps and lower case - didn't know if that made a difference, but was more to be consistent

&#91;Process&#93;

Echo,&#34;Preparing system...&#34;

\\ First things first...Check the system, and look for imageX

run,%ScriptFile%,SysTypeCheck

run,%ScriptFile%,AutoDetectWimTool

run,%ScriptFile%,Find-Win7

If,notExistFile,&#34;%Tools%\imagex.exe&#34;,ShellExecuteEx,open,&#34;%Tools%\Tools.txt&#34;

If,notExistFile,&#34;%Tools%\imagex.exe&#34;,message,&#34;You#$sneed#$sto#$sread#$sNeedFiles.txt,#$sthen#$sgo#$son&#34;,Halt

If,notExistFile,&#34;%Tools%\wimutil.exe&#34;,run,%ScriptFile%,WinUtil

If,notExistDir,&#34;%basedir%\Temp&#34;,DirMake,&#34;%basedir%\Temp&#34;

If,notExistDir,&#34;%basedir%\Custom&#34;,DirMake,&#34;%basedir%\Custom&#34;

If,notExistDir,&#34;%basedir%\Custom\%ProjectName%&#34;,DirMake,&#34;%basedir%\Custom\%ProjectName%&#34;

If,notExistDir,%BootSRC%,DirMake,%BootSRC%

If,notExistDir,%InstallSRC%,DirMake,%InstallSRC%

If,notExistDir,%ISODir%,DirMake,&#34;%ISODir%&#34;

If,NotExistDir,&#34;%TargetDir%&#34;,DirMake,&#34;%TargetDir%&#34;

If,%Win7CD%,Equal,&#34;OK&#34;,run,%ScriptFile%,MountWin7

If,%Win7CD%,NotEqual,&#34;OK&#34;,run,%ScriptFile%,Find-WAIK

run,%ScriptFile%,DetectSourceType

run,%ScriptFile%,DetectLang

run,%ScriptFile%,SaveSettings

run,%ScriptFile%,CheckMountBootWim

If,ExistDir,&#34;%Source_win%\SysWOW64&#34;,Set,%SourceArch%,x64,Permanent

If,ExistDir,&#34;%Source_win%\winsxs\Backup\ia64&#34;,Set,%SourceArch%,ia64,Permanent

If,NotExistDir,&#34;%Source_win%\SysWOW64&#34;,If,NotExistDir,&#34;%Source_win%\winsxs\Backup\ia64&#34;,Set,%SourceArch%,x86,Permanent

Set,%TargetWOW64%,%SourceArch%,Permanent

&#91;SysTypeCheck&#93;

//If,%Wow64%,Equal,True,Set,%SysType%,amd64,Permanent

//If,Not,%Wow64%,Equal,True,Set,%SysType%,x86,Permanent

If,%Wow64%,Equal,True,Set,%SysType%,amd64

If,Not,%Wow64%,Equal,True,Set,%SysType%,x86

IniWrite,%ProjectInfo%,ProjectInfo,SysType,%SysType%

And then also...this routine, which needs to use the flag variable that it found the file in one place to prevent overwriting the variable in a later place if it also exists in that second place...the logic is fine *IF* you assume that it can only be in ONE place... <_<
&#91;AutoFindImagex&#93;

Echo,&#34;Detecting #$qimagex.exe#$q...&#34;

StrFormat,CTRIM,%pFileBox1%\,\,%path%

If,ExistFile,&#34;%path%\Tools\%SysType%\imagex.exe&#34;,Set,&#34;%IMAGEX%&#34;,&#34;%pFileBox1%\Tools\%SysType%\imagex.exe&#34;

If,ExistFile,&#34;%path%\Tools\%SysType%\imagex.exe&#34;,Set,%ImageTool%,&#34;ImageX&#34;

If,%ImageTool%,NotEQUAL,&#34;ImageX&#34;,Begin

If,ExistFile,&#34;%Tools%\imagex.exe&#34;,Set,&#34;%IMAGEX%&#34;,&#34;%Tools%\imagex.exe&#34;

If,ExistFile,&#34;%Tools%\imagex.exe&#34;,Set,%ImageTool%,&#34;ImageX&#34;

END

If,%ImageTool%,NotEQUAL,&#34;ImageX&#34;,Begin

If,ExistFile,&#34;%ProgramFilesDir%\Windows#$sAIK\Tools\%SysType%\imagex.exe&#34;,Set,&#34;%IMAGEX%&#34;,&#34;%ProgramFilesDir%\Windows#$sAIK\Tools\%SysType%\imagex.exe&#34;

If,ExistFile,&#34;%ProgramFilesDir%\Windows#$sAIK\Tools\%SysType%\imagex.exe&#34;,Set,%ImageTool%,&#34;ImageX&#34;

END

If,&#34;%SourceArch%&#34;,Equal,&#34;x64&#34;,run,%ScriptFile%,Win64Check

One thing interesting to know is if it is easier/faster to do nested If/Begin/End blocks or repeat the test for existence of a file?

#46 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

I also have wondered about that as well.

You would think this must be faster:

If,ExistFile,&#34;%Tools%\imagex.exe&#34;,begin

Set,&#34;%IMAGEX%&#34;,&#34;%Tools%\imagex.exe&#34;

Set,%ImageTool%,&#34;ImageX&#34;

end

Its also easier to read.

Suspect it does not matter any way. These script lines are only executed once per build.

#47 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

Project updated: Win7PE_SE_25_03_10.7z

- Fix: Error message from shortcut.exe
- Mounting problems should be gone now
- Fix Some BSoD with vista source

:)

#48 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

Hello JFX

Well done, i tested and had no problems.. cool ;) ,,,,,, :)

#49 onycs

onycs

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

Hello,

I have a little problem ... :)

Project was building without any errors. :) But after booting in VirtualBox comes the following error:

FATAL: INT18: BOOT FAILURE

Host System : Vista Ultimate 32 bit german , WB080

Source : Win7 Enterprice 64 bit english

Where is the mistake? :)

Thanks for help ....

I know: No log -> no help ... But Logs is now 1.8 mb and it is to big to post ... :)

onycs

#50 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

I have 3 errors in debug mode (with a stop of the build)
&#91;Failed&#93;  &#40;MMC.script&#41; FileCopy - Failed to copy &#91;%BaseDir%\Temp\Win7PE_SE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\printcom.dll&#93; to&#58; &#91;%BaseDir%\Target\Win7PE\Windows\system32\printcom.dll&#93;&#58; Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

&#91;Failed&#93;  &#40;MMC.script&#41; FileCopy - Failed to copy &#91;%BaseDir%\Temp\Win7PE_SE\BootWimSrc\Windows\System32\printcom.dll&#93; to&#58; &#91;%BaseDir%\Target\Win7PE\Windows\system32\printcom.dll&#93;&#58; Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

&#91;Failed&#93;  &#40;MMC&#41; IniRead - Failed to find file&#58; &#91;%BaseDir%\Projects\Win7PE_SE\addons\ie7.script&#93;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users