#1 carloscape

carloscape

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 108 posts
  •  
    Honduras

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:15 PM

After testing NativeEx Win7, I keep having trouble making a successful build. I also didn't understand why the apps kept referring to directories on Win7RescuePE.

After another user commented that the apps where the ones of Win7RescuePE, I finally understood that Nativex Win7 runs more like a plugin than a project. By the way, I still don't understand what needs to be turned off on Win7RescuePE in order for NativeEx Win7 to build properly.

Since Win7Rescue PE no longer is updated and its server is down, it would seem proper for NativeEx Win7 to take its place as an independent project. That way all required files would be available for download on the NativeEx server, and the project would be easier to debug since a base build would function properly.

Of course it doesn't depend on me, but I place it as a suggestion for the developers involved.

#2 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

Afaik NativeEx_Win7 was the attempt to run win7rescuepe without WAIK because several user had problems ... also psc has introduced some caching/storing techniques to improve the speed. Afaik it was never intended to be an independent project (and there are more files than the apps that nativeEx takes from win7rescuepe)
Furthermore it was not planed that Joshua had so much to do in real life that he could not develop anymore ... but in the last 2 months he was seen again in this forum and posted to develop a new version of win7rescuepe ...
But I think since this post there will no further developement on nativeEx_Win7, too
http://www.boot-land...?...st&p=100555

If you have problems with your build of nativeEx_Win7 post it in the appropriate thread with full log ...

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

My (as author of nativeEx_Win7) reply:

I cannot add anything to what patsch told.

Just for the record:
I decided for Win7RecuePE as "Deliverer", because at the time of decision (and still now, inspite of Joshua's long inactivity) Win7RescuePE is a well structured project w/o "addons to the addon to the addon ..."
Instead of Win7RescuePE the choosen "Home" project could have been any other suited Win7 project, e.g. Multi7 of yahoouk.

(Long time ago... What's reality now ...)

So: Try to be happy with the abilities of nativeEx_Win7, and try to make best of adding apps of your choice!

Peter

#4 carloscape

carloscape

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 108 posts
  •  
    Honduras

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users