• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#26 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

I orininaly wanted to ask, why there is so much space wasted on the top of each page, by organizing everything in a vertical manner, if the min. width is suppose to be over 900 pixel.

But now i have a differnt problem to report. I can attach files, in this case a jpg, but i can't add it to the post. :eek:

:cheers:

Attached Thumbnails

• reboot.jpg

#27 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:22 PM

clear web browser's cache and cookies :

http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html

we worked online at skin - that look is about five hours ago.

#28 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

Cleared cache and cookies. Din't change a thing.
Exited browser and deleted cached files and cookies manually. Didn't change a thing.

Tested another browser (Opera), the brownish and the blueish lines looked a bit more compressed, however the rest of the page would not load.

#29 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

Hello,

Have you disabled Javascript?

#30 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

In my default browsers, Always!
In the portable Opera, no.

#31 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

I would like to see the board name back in the Recent Posts list.
for example:

Recent Topic Updates:
  • Win7pe In Win7PE
  • Boot problem In Syslinux
  • I need help! In XBOOT
it makes it much easier to scan the list and pick out the topics we are interested in. as is it is a bit confusing.

edit: the new content page does this (http://reboot.pro/in...arch_app=forums) but also should be on the main page Recent Posts list.

#32 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

done.

#33 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

For me the new software seems to be BullS....

I opened a new topic and wrote a couple of lines into it. Then I opened a second ThunderBird window to copy a link to clipboard.
When I tried to switch back to my original topic, my topic was lost!

Peter
  • florin91 likes this

#34 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image

i use toggle editing mode - and combine :good:

#35 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

I like the theme so far. nice layout and colors are easy on the eyes.

I can't seem to find the option to turn off the quick reply on the bottom of the topics though. I never use this (I use quote or reply button) and find it takes up too much space on the bottom of the page.

#36 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

Anyone can now choose the number of Recent Topics on board

20 is default

from here

http://reboot.pro/in...ea=recenttopics

and also has the option to choose what they want to see

:good:

#37 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

I have Nuno a wish list of what to install - we just started. This is the beginning.

:loleverybody:

#38 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

OK how do I easily get to the list of uploaded files I have...well, uploaded as attachments to manage them? I did stumble into it inside the editing of a post (i.e. the "My Media" button on the editing window), but when looking at content, and trying to find it as part of personal settings, I was totally LOST...

HELP!!

#39 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

'New Since My Last Visit' is broken. Shows all topics seen in previous visits with those responded to sort of highlighted. Someone mentioned a button to clear the list (show all read) or similar but this doesn't exist on the page as it did before.

I also don't like the 'quick edit' default and see no way to change it.

Attach Files doesn't work but this is nothing new.

Smiley bar is awful and Show All is hidden behind clapper.

Copy and paste causes page to jump around and pastes text in wrong place.

As mentioned, trying to check other post (in new tab or window) while replying hoses response.

Clicking on topic should jump to last (most recent) post instead of first post in topic.

Maybe I'm beyond caring what the forum looks like but I must admit I don't hate it; though given the opportunity I would still prefer the 911 theme. Is there a way to tone down the glaring white background?

#40 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

Downloads section & Download Manager is installed.

That waiting Nuno to make a categories - and rules.

#41 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:23 PM

Community Content System is installed.

waiting Nuno :fine:

#42 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

But the "cheers" appearing as "Ranting" still exists ...
Peter

#43 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:07 PM

Nexus App Store is installed.

#44 florin91

florin91

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 197 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

And if the topic has 49 pages, I need to click next for 48 times to see the whole thread? Or it is an option to set show all post in topic?

What I observed: we have twitter and +1 button, but no Facebook. This means we head for the future and Anon will destroy FB on 11.05 ?

LE: What is "Promote to Article" ?

Edited by florin91, 11 August 2011 - 07:16 PM.

#45 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

'New Since My Last Visit' is broken. Shows all topics seen in previous visits with those responded to sort of highlighted. Someone mentioned a button to clear the list (show all read) or similar but this doesn't exist on the page as it did before.

Just HARD TO FIND...go to the bottom of the frame (down where the RSS icon, and the HELP link are and there is "Mark Community Read" - Click on it and a pop-up appears that allows you to mark different things as "read", and this sets them all to read...so the "new" content works...

0004.gif

Attach Files doesn't work but this is nothing new.

Seems to work for me...You use the "More Reply Options" and get the FULL editor, and then it's all as before...

Copy and paste causes page to jump around and pastes text in wrong place.

Yes, it is a bit anoying, but you can toggle OFF the whole WISIWIG stuff, and then much more like before.

Clicking on topic should jump to last (most recent) post instead of first post in topic.

Just click on the little "dot" - if you look at the link it will "jump to", you can see that it is how you go to last unread, and as above...To always get to the last link, click on the time of the last post (as before)...

As stated, this is a work in progress, and hopefully the "under construction" won't last too long...

By coincedence, my local grocery store is also doing this - an interior remodel - and I can't find anything - it's all there, just have to learn where they moved the cereal, bread, cheese, etc....and they also are only on Aisle 2 of 12 ! So let's keep making constructive suggestions and working with the team as they spruce things up.

Scott

#46 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

LE: What is "Promote to Article" ?

CMS tool for users :loleverybody:

#47 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

Just HARD TO FIND...go to the bottom of the frame (down where the RSS icon, and the HELP link are and there is "Mark Community Read" - Click on it and a pop-up appears that allows you to mark different things as "read", and this sets them all to read...so the "new" content works...

Yup, you're right, it's there and I missed it - thanks. This doesn't do what I would expect though and not helpful at all; I still have pages of now 'read' topics instead of clearing list as was done before.

Just click on the little "dot" - if you look at the link it will "jump to", you can see that it is how you go to last unread, and as above...To always get to the last link, click on the time of the last post (as before)...

Yes, time link works - thanks. I guess the rest is just more stuff to get used to. Thanks for your response and helpful tips.

• florin91 likes this

#48 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

Yup, you're right, it's there and I missed it - thanks. This doesn't do what I would expect though and not helpful at all; I still have pages of now 'read' topics instead of clearing list as was done before.

You sure...I think that if you re-click on the View New Content item in the top right, you get only unread...YES, the main page (which shows recent) gives them all to you, but that's sort of how it worked before. (I think??)

Yes, time link works - thanks. I guess the rest is just more stuff to get used to. Thanks for your response and helpful tips.

Yes, new shoes tend to squeak...

#49 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

You sure...

Now it's working as expected, just had to switch back to 'Content I have not read' - Thanks again.

#50 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

Yes, new shoes tend to squeak...

Yes, so many things changed since the previous version. At least we are getting back some long lost features such as the "thanks" button (now called "Like") and recent topics among some other goodies.

I like the 911CD theme very much.. The default skin will be used as default for everyone but we'll make available the 911CD theme once it is upgraded for this forum version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users