#1 Nitro_123

Nitro_123
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

Hi guys !
I want to consider the possibility of booting WIndows 8 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
The device is very similar to osme existing windows 8 tabs. It has an atom z2760 if I correctly remember.
Well firstly it runs android so the partitioning of the device is a roblem but that can be solved with this
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2540480
And secondly i'm guessing a custom bootloader thing will have to be made to enable it to boot windows
Is this an easy task ? What are your opinions on this
Or we could use the MicroSD card, partition it the windows way and somehow from Android recovery boot to microsd/windows :)
I know it's very amibitios but harder stuff has been done before. I don't see anything that is a major problem with this
Thanks for reading :D

Edited by Zoso, 02 December 2013 - 08:18 AM.
Added question mark to title.

• Brito likes this

#2 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:52 AM

hi Nitro_123,

welcome to reboot.pro! I think that is not going to be an easy task but my opinion is that nothing is impossible, only degrees of difficulty. the tool you have linked looks to be a very potent one. hopefully it can be translated to english.

you may want to add a question mark in your title for this topic since it appears to be a statement as it is.

please keep us posted on what you learn about this, it is very interesting.
  • Nitro_123 likes this

#3 Nitro_123

Nitro_123
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

Thanks @Zoso for your advice. Btw the tool I linked to is in English :) Can you please tell me how to edit the title? I can't seem to find an option :(

#4 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

the screen shots of the tool appear in Chinese though but it is good to know it is English also but it still seems quite complicated. have you used it yet?

I was not sure if you can edit the title and it is not a big deal I only mention that because it may get some peoples hopes up only to be let down when they do not find what they were looking for. I will edit it for us then if I can, its a new option for me here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users